IGNORED

Atari's Landfill Adventures, I now have the proof it's true.

Spud

As more times goes by, this is getting funnier to me. I understand it's the "urban legend comes true" factor spurring these prices, but if somebody wanted beat up dirt common DIRTY 2600 games, I could have gone to any pawn or thrift and gotten some E.T.'s or Centipedes and sold them. In fact I had a bunch and just sent them to Al for store credit. :D :D :D

As more times goes by, this is getting funnier to me. I understand it's the "urban legend comes true" factor spurring these prices, but if somebody wanted beat up dirt common DIRTY 2600 games, I could have gone to any pawn or thrift and gotten some E.T.'s or Centipedes and sold them. In fact I had a bunch and just sent them to Al for store credit. :D :D :D

I think your paying for the letterhead & the ID tag specifically stating this was in the trench

sort of like "reverse VGA" rating ... instead of put in a casket , pulled out of a grave :lol:

• Like 2

I think your paying for the letterhead & the ID tag specifically stating this was in the trench

sort of like "reverse VGA" rating ... instead of put in a casket , pulled out of a grave :lol:

And of course, the story, the history, the myth, the company. I mean it's not an overpriced Nintendo World Championship cart with 3 common games on it, this is real value and history.

I'm just glad after all these years it turned out to be true. The fact they made a documentary out of it is all the legacy I need - oh and I'm watching it on my 360 as we speak. Had to basically rebuild my XBox account from the ground up first (it had been over a year since I signed in let alone connected to XBox Live - it was like an excavation all its own). Oh and Manny Gerard reminds me of Stan Lee - he even looks a little bit like him.

Speaking of excavation, I found a program from CGE 2002 last night - the same convention where people were ripping empty E.T. boxes apart with gift certificates inside. I had two copies and one of them was signed by Al Alcorn. *happy dance*

PS: Love seeing Howard Scott Warshaw in this. *second happy dance*

Edited by MegaManFan

I finally got the video to load on my fiance's PC. I used Chrome. Not sure why it didn't work the other day. Overall it's a well thought out documentary. I would love to own it on DVD though instead of streaming online. Permanence and tangibility of physical goods are virtues. Anybody know how to capture the video stream? I'm assuming since Netflix and Xbox both use Silverlight, that it's a bit more secure than flash... :P

• Like 1

I finally got the video to load on my fiance's PC. I used Chrome. Not sure why it didn't work the other day. Overall it's a well thought out documentary. I would love to own it on DVD though instead of streaming online. Permanence and tangibility of physical goods are virtues. Anybody know how to capture the video stream? I'm assuming since Netflix and Xbox both use Silverlight, that it's a bit more secure than flash... :P

Good point. If they released a DVD with bonus features I'd happily shell out $15-$20 for it. I might even hope to run into HSW at a con and get him to sign it - so I could put it on display next to my copy of Saboteur. :D

• Like 1

Received this last week, a cartridge from the Atari landfill, an E.T. would have been great but price wise Missile Command has to do.

Comes with a file folder holding some News articles, the story about the landfill, a certificate, and some tourist info.

The zip bag holding the game actually contains some sand/dirt from New Mexico :-)

I know the opinion about buying these cartridges are divided, i see it as a piece of Atari History and i'm really happy.

post-94-0-78283700-1418236852_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Received this last week, a cartridge from the Atari landfill, an E.T. would have been great but price wise Missile Command has to do.
Comes with a file folder holding some News articles, the story about the landfill, a certificate, and some tourist info.
The zip bag holding the game actually contains some sand/dirt from New Mexico :-)
I know the opinion about buying these cartridges are divided, i see it as a piece of Atari History and i'm really happy.

Congrats to you. I have no desire to own one but it makes a nice conversation piece.

Related posts:

atariage.com/forums/topic/212888-alamogordo-approves-atari-excavation/?p=2765612

atariage.com/forums/topic/212888-alamogordo-approves-atari-excavation/?p=2806431

atariage.com/forums/topic/66637-ataris-landfill-adventures-i-now-have-the-proof-its-true/?p=1947509