IGNORED

Jr Pac-Man driving me crazy!!!!

bcprs1

I absolutely love this game, but I have one problem with it. Everytime I go to play it, I JUST CAN'T STOP!!!!!. My personal best is making it to the 7th (green) screen. My problem is that I will keep playing the game over and over and over until I reach that screen.

What kills me every time is the 5th (red) screen. I swear that is the hardest maze to complete of any Pac-man game. I have only gone through it once without getting killed.

Well, at least I got to the 7th level last night (at around 2am in the morning). Now I can relax and play something else.....until I feel the urge again.

The game certainly is addictive and I must agree with you regarding the difficulty of the fifth stage.

The reason why this game is so great (compared to other versions of Pac-Man on the 2600) is due to the speed and agility of Jr. Pac-Man. There's great joy in being able to fly through the mazes at a satisfying speed and thankfully the developers made Jr. super agile allowing you to change directions and tear through the complex maze designs almost instinctively!

This is by far the best Pac-Man game on the 2600 with Ms. Pac-Man and the Hacked Better Pac-Man coming in a close second and third.

I'm glad to see that there are others that have to get their daily dose of jr. pac-man.This game is an example of why the arcades died--when the game is over you instantly push the restart button, without wasting quarters.Screen five is also the end of the line for me too...

Yes, but the arcade version is 10 times harder! I'm not joking!

Download the ROM for Mame and make sure you give yourself 5 lives. I'm lucky if I can make it to the 3rd level. I wish I could get farther because I really want to see the other intermission scenes.

2600 Jr. Pacman has a great difficulty level. Hard enough to keep you humble, but certainly a game that can be mastered when you log some serious time on it. One of my top 10 2600 games of all time!

I'm pretty skilled, but I use cheats all the time, it's fun! Of course it's useful for things like checking out all the scenes in Poker Ladies But it's also fun to play around with skill games like Robotron for example to either

remove all Hulks (or any enemy of choice) or;

have wave after wave of 100 grunts or;

remove all electrodes or;

remove all Tank shots or;

whatever!

The game variations you can come up with are many. Of course I play the game 'normal' as well (I finally hit the million pt. mark on difficulty level 5 about three years ago.. now my next long term goal is to do that on level 10)

As far as 2600 Jr. Pacman goes. It is indeed one of the high marks of 2600 games and a great challenge. I'll have to try out Secret Quest's strategy of concentrating moving UP AND DOWN the playfield and see how that works!