~VideoGame.Net

~Video Game Collector Magazine

~Videotopia

~Virginia Space Academy

~X Strike Studios

~International Business Kids Foundation

Edited by ed_fleming

Ed,

I don't see Smitty listed above, and I know he's going (and has two tables) since he and I are driving up to the show together.  :)

..Al

959711[/snapback]

I caught it just a few minutes ago. Its fixed above.

I have just a few spots left for the show and there are a couple of additional vendors that still might come on. If anyone else wants to have a space at the show, now is the time to let us know - there's not much table or booth space left.

Ed

So far, we'll have autographs with the following celebrity gamers:

Ralph Baer - the 'Father of Video Games'

Tommy Tallarico - Video Game TV celebrity and game music composer

Bill Kunkel - Video Game Journalist

Laura Foy - G4.com TV Host

Joe Grand - Writer: "Pixels Past"

Leonard Herman - Writer: "Phoenix: The Fall & Rise of Videogames" & "ABC To The VCS"

Roger E Pedersen - Writer: "Game Design Foundations"

If you are a game maker and plan to attend the expo, let us know. We'd love for you to provide autographs and/or speak on a pannel!!!

Edited by ed_fleming

So far, we'll have autographs with the following celebrity gamers:

Ralph Baer - the 'Father of Video Games'

Tommy Tallarico - Video Game TV celebrity and game music composer

Bill Kunkel - Video Game Journalist

Laura Foy - G4.com TV Host

Joe Grand - Writer: "Pixels Past"

If you are a game maker and plan to attend the expo, let us know. We'd love for you to provide autographs and/or speak on a pannel!!!

960408[/snapback]

Leonard Herman - Writer: "Phoenix: The Fall & Rise of Videogames" & "ABC To The VCS"

Edited by rolenta

From the vgXpo web site:

Here is a list of the arcade games that will be featured at America’s VideoGame Expo

# Joust

# Robotron

# Defender

# Stargate

# Bubbles

# Moon Patrol

# Berzerk

# Frogger

# Asteroids Delixe

# Battlezone

# Tempest

# Missile Command

# Quantum

# Black Widow

# Gravitar

# Space Duel

# Star Wars

# Centipede

# Arabian

# Dig Dug

# Xevious

# Crystal Castles

# Dragon Spirit

# Marble Madness

# Indiana Jones

# Donkey Kong

# Donkey Kong Jr

# Pengo

# Pac-man

# Ms. Pac-Man

# Dragon's Lair 20th anniversary

# Track and Field

# Time Pilot

# Tasc/Scan

# Eliminator

# Zaxxon

# Pong

# Dominoes

# Space Invaders

# Tron

# Gorf

# I,Robot

# Please note, this list is subject to change.

Well, if the list does change, they better not drop the I, Robot game. I've never seem one in person and I'm a huge Asimov fan.

(Okay, I know that the game has almost nothing to do with the book--just like the Will Smith movie. The differnence is the game doesn't suck, at least not in emulation.)

Well, if the list does change, they better not drop the I, Robot game.  I've never seem one in person and I'm a huge Asimov fan.

(Okay, I know that the game has almost nothing to do with the book--just like the Will Smith movie.  The differnence is the game doesn't suck, at least not in emulation.)

962537[/snapback]

Nice list of arcade games, and cool to see that an I, Robot will be there. The arcade game has even less to do with the Asimov books than the Will Smith movie. At least the Will Smith movie had robots in it. :D

I hope I'm able to take some time away from the AtariAge booth this year to actually play some of these classic arcade games. I didn't get a chance to do that last year..

..Al

Hey everyone,

I know that I've played a disappearing act around these parts for a couple of months. Sorry about that. I just wanted to say that I'll be heading down to Philly on Saturday and hope to be able to catch up with a few friends and other familiar faces.

- SS

Hey everyone,

I know that I've played a disappearing act around these parts for a couple of months.  Sorry about that.  I just wanted to say that I'll be heading down to Philly on Saturday and hope to be able to catch up with a few friends and other familiar faces.

- SS

963058[/snapback]

Dammit, I regret not going more by the minute. :x

Hope everything is well.

See you there on Saturday Mike, be good to see you again :cool:

963180[/snapback]

See you too Chris and all the other AA members who will be at the show. This is my last post before I leave. Eight hours of driving all by myself. I have three audio books though, long ones too.

You 2 are crazy! Thats a long drive

Me and my friend packed up the car Thursday and I am posting this at 5:20am from St Louis, MO, we are on the road in a few min. I think our trip is about 14 hours so we will arrive late tonight and get everything set up Sat mourning.

I hope the show turns out good.

Jason

We just arrived in Philadelphia tonight.  We drove straight from Austin, only stopping for gas and food as necessary.  I don't really recommend doing so--we left Austin at 5:00pm CST and arrived here in Philly at 12:00 midnight.  That's 31 straight hours of driving!  Woo hoo! 

..Al

963601[/snapback]

That IS disgusting. I remember when MMF & I drove 14 hours straight from Omaha to Austin a few years back for AGE. I thought THAT was bad! :P

Just wanted to wish everyone who is going safe travels and a good time in Philly!

Unfortunately, we are not able to attend as we are leaving for Ames, IA to tailgate and attend the Iowa St. vs. Colorado game with friends. :) We will miss seeing ALL of our good friends - but will hopefully see you at another show very soon!

We just arrived in Philadelphia tonight.  We drove straight from Austin, only stopping for gas and food as necessary.  I don't really recommend doing so--we left Austin at 5:00pm CST and arrived here in Philly at 12:00 midnight.  That's 31 straight hours of driving!  Woo hoo! 

..Al

963601[/snapback]

Beats my record. Me and 2 of my friends went 24 hours from Philly to Western Tennessee for a fishing trip.

See you tomorrow!

I am driving all of 30 minutes from my place to Ft. Washington. I hope I got enough snacks. I am a buyer looking to add to my Dreamcast collection, maybe some classic PC games, play some Robotron and tell Tallrico how much of a bonehead he is especially of his review of Paper Mario. I missed the last one because I was with my wife in Madrid where she was doing research for her art history doctoral thesis. Anybody want to Lynx up for some Warbirds or Xenophobe?

There were only one or two games from the arcade list that weren't at the show. No Black Widow was a disapointment to me. It didn't bother me greatly that Bubbles wasn't there. Other than those two, I think every other game on the list was there.

I, Robot was there. I played that game more than any other. Star Wars, Robotron, Tempest and Quantum all tied for second.

There were only one or two games from the arcade list that weren't at the show.  No Black Widow was a disapointment to me.  It didn't bother me greatly that Bubbles wasn't there.  Other than those two, I think every other game on the list was there.

I, Robot was there.  I played that game more than any other.  Star Wars, Robotron, Tempest and Quantum all tied for second.

966415[/snapback]

Well, tons of fun! My friend took the wrong turn off from NYC so we ended up taking the I-78 to Philly instead of the Jersey Tpke. We ended up in FW about 3:45 and I'm cursing cause I thought it was over at 4pm. Not the case as I played Defender till I puked. I haven't played in on an arcade machine in years and was surprised I still had the touch. Got in some Marble Madness and cursed that someone broke Dig Dig! Played some Robotron and a giant chicken came over and tapped me on the shoulder. I met Bill Kunkel and bought Confessions Of A Game Doctor and the Encyclopedia of Videogame Systems. Went to Philly and we all got sick on cheesesteaks. Only sad point was one of our friends called us up and said WWE Wrestler Eddie Guerrero was found dead that morning. Great show nonetheless....