IGNORED

Classic gaming tv/movie reference thread....

Haydn,

No problem. It actually gives me a chance to see pieces and parts of movies I haven't watched in a long time. And in some cases, it even forces me to take the plastic off. :)

I have probably 4 or 5 more that are on the list (in DVD) that I haven't got to yet. After that, it would be, I'd have to pull out the VCR and hook it up to my TV card. I'm sure I have some more there, but the quality wouldn't be as good.

You have been doing a lot, wow. I will get to posting them as soon as i have chance to get the resurch done on the movies and games, Thanks.

Haydn

843178[/snapback]

Here's an example of what I can get from VHS....not too good I don't think...but perhaps usable until DVD replacements can be made?

Edit: Just in case...this is from Bad News Bears

post-2110-1114920752_thumb.jpgpost-2110-1114920761_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cap5750

I don't have any pictures this time since I happened to see this on one of the movie channels while "surfing" earlier today:

Spotted a Viper Night Drivin' pinball machine by Sega in the movie Vampires Anonymous.

Here's a link to a picture of what it looks like:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4359&depth=0&picno=12144

I thought I'd mention that on an episode of Stargate SG-1 that was on tonight had the bad guys using Nintendo NES Zapper light guns as weapons. They had cut down the barrels and painted them black and dark red, but they were definitely Zappers.

Just spotted some games in a movied titled "Unknown Soldier" (2004).

I wasn't paying attention and when I looked up they were only there for a brief second. One was definately a Ms. Pacman. There were two others, one of which was some sort of driving game.

In Pirates of Silicon Valley, Steve Wozniak (or the actor playing Woz) is playing Atari while in the hospital...I think it was Air-Sea Battle but I don't remember, I haven't seen it in years.

838741[/snapback]

Here's some pics of that scene, I have no idea what game that is though :?

I wondered why this great movie neglected to mention that Steve Jobs worked at Atari or how he was involved in the popular Breakout game.

But anyway, that is one of my fav movies!

post-845-1116610883_thumb.jpg

post-845-1116610902_thumb.jpg

post-845-1116610918_thumb.jpg

post-845-1116610936_thumb.jpg

Is that an actual game or made up graphics?

Haydn

838897[/snapback]

Haydn,

Dunno. It looks real. They actually show some gameplay happening during the scene. Now I doubt if it's a 2600 game, but could definately be a real game.

Cap

838901[/snapback]

It's Auto Racing for the Intellivision. The big mistake is that Hasselhoff's holding a 2600 controller, not an Intellivision controller!

• 2 weeks later...

Was just flipping through looking for something to watch and spotted some kind of pinball machine (didn't get a chance to see what it was). There may also have been a cocktail, but I wasn't paying enough attention. :)

The movie was Lone Wolf McQuade.