IGNORED

Zimag - Emag

Rom Hunter

It's more like playing memory. The more often you try and the further you get, the more you have to memorize.

I suppose, but the combinations are still insane!

Say you have 3 food items that can go with each utensil (there may be more, I'm not sure, but I know there are at least 3):

3 food items x 3 utensils = 9 combinations (at least)

Now add to that the fact that there are 8 pots (Are all those pots used? I noticed they come in two colors).

9x8=72 combinations!

Assuming you're quick you might be able to get the items and to the pot (and up the stairs if you're wrong) in a minute. Since you only have 20 min, there's no way to guess all the combinations. Therefore, I assume we're missing something. There must be some kind of hint or some rule we just don't know.

BTW could you take a look at the code and see what the variations do (there were 25 IIRC). I couldn't see a difference between them. My current theory is that each variation has a different set of combinations.

Also if you get a chance could you do the same for Immies & Aggies? That game is so simplistic it makes me wonder if we're missing something (it also had a lot of variations that all seemed the same).

Tempest

Tempest,

I reached the end of level one!

The color of the ingredients match with the color of the "pots".

Level one:

Take the cup, put the yellow ingredient in it and let a yellow pot dissolve.

Do this four times.

Put a gray ingredient in the cup and let a gray pot dissolve.

Do this four times.

Walk to the purple rectangles on the right side of the screen, press fire and voila!

8)

post-6203-1112713315_thumb.jpg

The yellow one looks like a piece of pie (a small triangle).

The gray one looks like a little jar with an orange lid.

If you select a higher level, there a more coloured "pots".

BTW: I think this game is finished and I think you're right about the water/ice graphics.

8)

Tempest, I noticed something about Spinning Fireball.

It actually has THREE different screens.

If you take a closer look at screen 2 and screen 4, you'll see that the "mountains" in the background are slightly different.

So all uneven screens look the same, screen 6 looks the same as screen 2, screen 8 looks the same as screen 4, etc.

8)

post-6203-1112724558_thumb.jpg

post-6203-1112724559_thumb.jpg

post-6203-1112724560_thumb.jpg

post-6203-1112724561_thumb.jpg

A small update from me:

I am not sure if the dump is 100% (or the code is 100% bug free). I found at least two spots which look very suspicious. One has to do with what is happening in the kitchen.

When I understand the code better, I might be able to fix that (if it has to be fixed).

To finish the game you have to stand near the right purple rectangle when you have cleared all the pots, otherwise the last pot re-appears in the color of the last used ingredient.

I think those are ovens. When you finish mixing all the ingredients you have to walk over to the oven and bake the pizza to win the game. Makes sense in a way...

Tempest

About Immies & Aggies:

There's a noticable difference between each of the fourteen difficulty levels:

The changing speed of colour and square-pattern.

The speed and number of rolling marbles.

The speed of screen-shaking...

Level 1 (low) - Level 4 (high)

Level 5 (low) - level 10 (high)

Level 11 (low) - level 14 (high)

8)

About Immies & Aggies:

There's a noticable difference between each of the fourteen difficulty levels:

The changing speed of colour and square-pattern.

The speed and number of rolling marbles.  

The speed of screen-shaking...

Level 5 (low) - level 10 (high)

Level 11 (low) - level 14 (high)

Correction:

Level 5 (low) - Level 10 (high)

Level 11 (low) - Level 13 (high)

Level 14 (low)

Maybe Thomas can point out the exact differences by looking inside the game.

8)

I think the speed of the screen shaking increasing with the variations is due to the pattern changing faster. It always jumps when the pattern changes. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just due to the NTSC version being a prototype with a bad kernal as it doesn't happen in the PAL version.

Is there a point to this game? All you do is shoot the correct colored blocks before the 'color bar' disappears. Occasionally some marbles roll out from the right and you can shoot or avoid them. Other than that there doesn't seem to be much to do in this game. Am I missing something?

Tempest

Level one:

Take the cup, put the yellow ingredient in it and let a yellow pot dissolve.

Do this four times.

Put a gray ingredient in the cup and let a gray pot dissolve.

Do this four times.

Walk to the purple rectangles on the right side of the screen, press fire and voila!

From looking at the code for level 2 you need:

2* the yellow "cheese" and 2*the gray one from level 0 (use yellow cup for both)

Plus 2* the orange arrow and 2* the "fish" (use cleaver for both)

Is there a point to this game?  All you do is shoot the correct colored blocks before the 'color bar' disappears.  Occasionally some marbles roll out from the right and you can shoot or avoid them.  Other than that there doesn't seem to be much to do in this game.  Am I missing something?

I don't think you are missing something, Tempest.

I'm afraid that's all.

8)

This is the tool/topic table:

cleaver: orange "tomato", "fish", orange "arrow", green-yellow "peperoni", dark-brown "-===-?"

plate: green "bar", white "onionring", green "olive"

cup: yellow "cheese", gray-orange "?"

Maybe someone can find better names for the topic.

Maybe someone can find better names for the topic.

The orange "arrow" looks like a mushroom.

The green "bar" looks like salad.

The dark brown "-===-" looks like a dough-roller (is that the correct word?), although that doesn't make much sense.

The gray-orange jar looks like a... gray-orange jar.

8)

After reading that i am scared to download the rom.

After learning how to play it, it's really not all that bad. It's not great by any means, hell it's not even average, but I've played worse. Pizza Chef's main problem is that it's just not any fun to play. It's boring!

Also I can sum Immies & Aggies in two words,it sucks!

Indeed. This one is bad.

Tempest

I was just playing around with A Mysterious Thief (also known as Criminal Pursuit). Is the whole purpose of this game just to run around and grab treasure until the timer expires or is there an ultimate goal I'm missing.

BTW this game seems mega tough.

Tempest

After reading all of this stuff about Pizza Chef I decided to play it finally......

All I can say is the flicker in some spot is really bad and I HATE the music. It is also really repetetive. And the staircase part what was up with that? To say the least Tempest your review was accurate. I'll be waiting for your next review.