IGNORED

Zimag - Emag

Rom Hunter

Cat-Nap, Collision Course, Kerplop, Moon Beam Arcade, Nineball, Quest for Inca Gold, River Rat and Space Mines are all 8-bitters:

http://www.atarimania.com/lst_soft-MENU-8-...TEUR_ID-86.html

Bail Out, Caverns of Oz, Collision Course and River Rat are also Atari 2600 Rumors.

Outpost, Meltdown, Moving Day, Car Jockey, Tally Ho, Conrad, Dinograms, Cake Bake and Evac are a mystery to me.

Maybe Tempest knows more about these titles.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 2 years later...

Actually, Quest for Inca Gold was never meant as a VCS game. Notice the box says "cassette": http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_menu.php?ID...amp;NUM_IMAGE=1

Electronic Fun also listed this game and Kerplop as exclusive Atari 8-bit titles.

Too bad they were never released....

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Edited by www.atarimania.com

• 6 years later...

I was bored this morning so I did a bunch of searching for information on Zimag and here it is:

Amarjit Singh Anand was the owner. (Obituary here)

amarjt-anand.jpg

He was born in Iran (although an Indian citizen) in 1939 and died of cancer in 2002. He got an electrical engineering degree and was big into collecting music. He moved to Oklahoma in 1966 to get a masters degree and after that started a recording business in San Diego. During the 1970's he went to Dubai to start and run an export business to Iran. This is when he began to borrow heavily and learned how to work the banks. In 1982, he purchased Intermagnetics America, Inc and began to run around the world getting money from multiple banks claiming to setup an international videotape enterprise and setting up multiple companies in various places. Most of the businesses did not actually get started and the ponzi scheme started to collapse in 1984. By my calculations he borrowed close to $100 million that was never repaid. If there were any equity investors, they were wiped out also. They went through bankruptcy in 1984 and he was accused of fraud in 1989 and was convicted in 1991 and sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison. It isn't clear if that was essentially a time served sentence and there wasn't enough information on what happened after that since several other countries wanted him also. I've left out most of the crazy things he did, but here are three good articles in the L.A. Times:

July 14, 1989

September 17, 1989

January 21, 1991

Here is a list of California Companies that can be linked to him, all are dissolved:

1. Intermagnetics America, Inc., Filed 5/31/1974, Address 14600 S Broadway, Gardena, CA 90248

2. Intermagnetics Engineering, Inc., Filed 2/1/1983, Address 14600 S Broadway, Gardena, CA 90248

3. Intermagnetics International Sales Corporation, Filed 4/7/1982, Address 14600 S Broadway, Gardena, CA 90248

4. Advance Rubber & Supply Inc., Filed 6/27/1983, Address 7190 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111

5. Magnetic Tape International - Industries Division, Filed 4/29/1982, Address 10 Hub Dr, Melville, NY 11747 (the agent listed is his name and the Gardena address)

6. Magnetic Tape International, Filed 4/23/1982, Address 14600 S Broadway, Gardena, CA 90248

7. American Video Tape Manufacturing Co., Filed 12/2/1981, Address 14600 S Broadway, Gardena, CA 90248

8. Amex Export, Inc., Filed 10/26/1982, Address 14600 S Broadway, Gardena, CA 90248

Some non- U.S. companies:

1. Intermagnetics International Ltd., Address P.O. Box 12037 Duba, Uae Cayman Islands (This entity held the Zimag Trademark)

2. Agra Enterprises - Dubai

I couldn't come up with any proof he had control of Emag or Vidco, so I suspect they were just deals to license games. Here is their info:

1. Emag, Inc., Filed 10/4/1983, Address 690 Market St #810, San Francisco, CA 94104

2. Vidco Industries, Inc., Filed 10/17/1983, Address 6819 Whitsett Ave #107, North Hollywood, CA 91605

There is a company still located at the 14600 address that was there back when all of this was going on, Twin Dragon Marketing, Inc. They started on 9/5/1980 and appear to be in the denim business working with China. If anyone lives in the area, maybe someone there would remember Mr. Anand.

There was also a question up thread about the catalog listing for Conrad. It is a comic strip that was briefly done from 1982 to 1986.

• Like 1