IGNORED

Qb Label Contest!

Albert

quote:

Originally posted by ATARIPITBULL:

Hey Russ, you can use any of my 9 label if you like, the name is (
Efren Ramirez
).

Ah, that's _you_! Well, your labels are always amongst my favorites. If I were to decide the MK Contest, I'd probably have chosen yours #6!

Wait a moment - YOU DID ALL OF THEM WITH PAINT ?!?

Whoah!

Greetings,

Manuel

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Johnson:

Anyone can reprint any of my labels in any book or magazine. Or put them on any website. So long as my name appears near them somewhere. I hereby give my permission.

For my labels apply the same conditions.

And send me a short notification where I can found my artwork.

Bye Uwe Heinrich

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: mchenry ]

hey russ .... you can do the same with my label(s)!

"ART IS SHIT, IF YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH IT!"

i'll be very happy that my labels would still be around the collectors world through your magazine.

if you don't have enoght room, maybe you should ask everybody to choose their own favorite (or maybe two) and it should still be more than enough.

so now i'm nervous who's gonna be the winner, i still have a little hope i might get a Qb after trying to get this one since more than a year ....

in the meantime i started making a custom cart with a new label: an imagic case with a 32-in-one chip that is getting a new label... when it's finished i'll post a pict ... and i have another serie where i will make 10 different labels, all for phoenix. i am using perry rhodan illustrations, so it's gonna be a serie simmilar to the the ITT carts (fire birds - meteor defense - laser base....). they will be exposed at www.e-zwo.de, the worlds smallest exposition. it's just a shelf with a webcam. after the expo, they will be auctioned by the curator of e-zwo.

Qb Label Top ... uh.... 8!

Here are the 8 labels I like the most. 8 because that's the message board limit for images in a post. These are not in any particular order, and do not define the winners of the competition. The final 3 winners will be announced tomorrow. I'm having a hard time choosing, as you can all imagine. Many thanks to everyone who has entered; I'm sorry you can't all win, but I truly enjoyed all the great designs!

QbMain_ChrisJohnson_5_thumb.jpg

QbMain_ChrisJohnson_6_thumb.jpg

QbMain_DaleCrum_1_thumb.jpg

QbMain_CameronPershall_2_thumb.jpg

QbMain_DavidExton_1_thumb.jpg

QbMain_CristianaYambo_2_thumb.jpg

QbMain_JahFish_4_thumb.jpg

QbMain_UweHeinrich_4_thumb.jpg

So, just another day, please, whilst I select the winning 3.

Cheers

A

Russ, If you wanna use my lable that'll be great. If you don't that's fine.

Congratulations to the top 8, It would have been an honor to me to make it that far. I have no objections about the top 8 so if there is any complaining about the winner it won't be coming from me this time.

Adrian Mims

Thanks to all who've allowed permission... The only problem will be when I get to fit them in, and how many (as I'd also like to cover the Mental Kombat and Gunfight contests too). Given these, and some other label art I have, I'm tempted to put out a nice thick special issue... The problem is, I'm gunshy about color, especially since they're all on the web site for those readers that have access.

BTW, for anyone who's not familiar with me or the 2600 Connection, 26C is a print zine that Tim Duarte started in the Summer of 1990; I took over editing chores after #50, and though I'm always behind schedule (grr!), I've done 18 issues so far.

The thing is, I love this sort of thing -- what was once just a consumer good (though an important one to my childhood :-) is now pop culture. I love seeing the loving attention people give it, like people making almost 100 different labels for a contest to label a cartridge made almost 25 years after the system was first released. As it should be!