IGNORED

Qb Label Contest!

Albert

quote:

Originally posted by Joel D. Park:

David Exton - #2 looks like a Quake level.

Oddly enough, it was made in much the same way, photo texture maps layed over a 3d model (its only a 3d model made out of rotating photoshop cutouts through their z-axis - I must admit I havent a clue how to do PROPER 3d)

my vote (so far) is for Uwe Heinrich submission #2 looks sharp!!

Andrew you could use more then one submission for the labels 2 at 50 each 4 at 25 each... (Hummm... then i would want one of each!!) never mind Andrew BAD IDEA!!!

good luck in picking one out!!

Take Care,

Rick

quote:

Originally posted by rick weis:

Andrew you could use more then one submission for the labels 2 at 50 each 4 at 25 each... (Hummm... then i would want one of each!!) never mind Andrew BAD IDEA!!!

Hell, I don't need many more entries before I can have a different label on every one of the special edition units

My favourite keeps changing from day to day, so don't think that you can't better what's already there. There's definitely no unbeatable winner there, yet! But wow, there are some outstanding entries - beyond my wildest expectations. Thanks to Albert for all the hard work maintaining the comp, too.

Well, I'm off to hunt some Kiwis. Apparently they're lurking hereabouts.

Cheers

A

Thanks for the compliments on my label. I just have a few questions. What is the font used in the XYPE logo, I couldn't find anything similar in my font collection, so i just approximated it. Also, can someone tell me the dimensions of the main label and the end label.

thanks, cristiana

I can't find it either, it's the old Epyx game company logo scanned and reversed (I just mixed the letters around and cleaned them up a bit).

I've got a big rescalable b+w one I've just done in illustrator if that's any use?

By the way, I love the website - cutedeadthings. Superb

Okay, after taking a break last night I figured I better put up more labels tonight or I might soon find myself buried in them. Here's the latest round for everyone to plant their eyes on:

Efren Ramirez - Submission #6

Hernan Callo - Submission #7

Hernan Callo - Submission #8

Tom Arnesveen - Submission #1

MoJoFLTR - Submission #1

Tyson Auchter - Submission #2

Uwe Heinrich - Submission #3

Lokesh Dhakar - Submission #3

Benjamin Langberg - Submission #3

Benjamin Langberg - Submission #4

Enjoy!

..Al

That's a pretty good idea. 3 strikes and you're out kinda thing. Forces more attention on getting each individual label design 'just so'.

That said, theres no way I'm gonna win this one A LOT of really good entries again

quote:

Originally posted by jahfish:

wow, so much stuff ..... i think on the next contest, you should limit the submissions to 3 designs.

Yeah, that is something we'll consider in the future. That and/or stating that only significant label variations will be accepted.

Certainly by the time the next contest rolls around I will have all the pages generated dynamically, rather than editing them by hand which is what I'm doing now. Will make it a little easier to keep tabs on, plus offer some flexibility in the presentation of the labels (I have some neat ideas along those lines). I also need to write some Photoshop actions to help with the image manipulation, although most submissions will still some manual tweaking since they're delivered in all manner of file formats and sizes. It's well worth the effort, though, when you look at all the wonderful, high-caliber submissions that have been created..

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

78 labels now

and alittle under 3 days left

how many more will arrive in Alberts inbox?

Will it reach the 100 ?

-> I thing yes it will !

And so Andrew can put on every cartridge a individual label.

That's what I call a very 'Special Edition'

By the way : I have 2 more in the making

bye

Uwe