IGNORED

Please don't suck - please, please

maibock

• 6 months later...
EB Games online say it will ship today 10/28

The official site says Nov 1

I called my local EB and they've never heard of the game  :?

Anyone know if it's out yet?

:ponder:

955853[/snapback]

Usually with EB, it's in store the day after shipment. It's odd to see something ship on a Friday -- it typically seems to be a Monday shipment to be in store on Tuesday.

That's what I'm counting on for Star Wars Tuesday next week, with the Revenge of the Sith DVD and Battlefront II coming out on Nov 1st.

Forget this poofy Bond stuff. :twisted:

I haven't enjoyed a Bond game since GoldenEye. Rare pulled it off magnificently.

I was sad wen EA became the big Bond company. Why oh why couldn't Rare have kept it? Especially now that MS holds their leash, MS could easily have bought up the license. So what if the subsequent Bond games would be Xbox only? At least they wouldn't be as bad.

Now that that's out of the way, first things first, which version will be the one to get?

I of course would want to go for the Cube version. Followed by the Xbox version. Followed by the PS2 version. But I fear that this game would suffer the same curse as Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (The LAST GOOD NEED FOR SPEED GAME! FUCK YOU, UNDERGROUND!) which ended up sucking so much on the Xbox and Cube because EA stupidly had another part of the company do the ports. Bastards.

So my question is will this game have that same fate? In other words, which console version to get?

That said, GoldenEye is still my favorite Bond movie and game of all time. :P

I haven't enjoyed a Bond game since GoldenEye. Rare pulled it off magnificently.

I was sad wen EA became the big Bond company. Why oh why couldn't Rare have kept it?

957791[/snapback]

Because we'd be waiting five years for the next Bond game?

957969[/snapback]

Would you rather wait 5 years for a second GOOD Bond game or play the fifty EA released less fun ones? I'd rather have the Rare one.

Would you rather wait 5 years for a second GOOD Bond game or play the fifty EA released less fun ones? I'd rather have the Rare one.

961128[/snapback]

The thing is, even if Rare held onto the Bond licence and produced another Bond game today, years after Goldeneye (say, an adaptation of DIE ANOTHER DAY) it just wouldn't be as good as Goldeneye. So much about GE was revolutionary, the 4 player split screen, the 'dual-wielding', the film-to-videogame transition, bonus unlockable levels and characters, all those things have been done to death in other games now. It was a game of firsts, it was lightning in a bottle, basically a success that would be impossible to replicate.

961128[/snapback]

The thing is, even if Rare held onto the Bond licence and produced another Bond game today, years after Goldeneye (say, an adaptation of DIE ANOTHER DAY) it just wouldn't be as good as Goldeneye. So much about GE was revolutionary, the 4 player split screen, the 'dual-wielding', the film-to-videogame transition, bonus unlockable levels and characters, all those things have been done to death in other games now. It was a game of firsts, it was lightning in a bottle, basically a success that would be impossible to replicate.

961179[/snapback]

They did make it. They called it Perfect Dark. I heard some people liked it.

Like Katamari Damacy. Once it's been done, it's not new anymore. I'd have liked We Love Katamari more had I never played Katamari Damacy.

961208[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but this is bull. We Love had TONS more to do than Katamari had. I don't get why people say this. It's like saying you didn't like SMB2 and 3 because they were too much like the original SMB or you won't play Sonic 2 because it's just Sonic 1 with more stuff. :roll: