IGNORED

CCE

Tempest

Does anyone know what the deal was with CCE? I know they were a pirate outfit in South America, but they seem to have gotten their hands on a few unreleased games, and I was wondering how. I've seen roms with the CCE logo on them for:

Aquaventure

Cubicolor

Immies and Aggies

Pizza Chef

Xevious

And I'm sure I've seen some others. Did someone hack the name on to a prototype in the 90's just to be funny or do these games actually exist as CCE pirate carts? Does anyone have a complete list of CCE games (the Atari Age list is missing some)? What the heck did CCE stand for anyway?

Tempest

here's the complete list of CCE carts (the ones with illustrated labels)

C-801 Mr. Postman

C-802 Dancing Plate

C-803 Bobby is Going Home

C-804 Open Sesame!

C-805 Sea Monster

C-806 Mission 3000 A.D.

C-807 Space Tunnel

C-808 Phantom Tank

C-809 Squirrel

C-810 Enduro

C-811 River Raid

C-812 Pac-Man

C-813 Pitfall!

C-814 Donkey Kong

C-815 Seaquest

C-816 Keystone Kappers

C-817 Air Raiders

C-818 Star Voyager

C-819 Star War

C-820 Space Invaders

C-821 Frogger

C-822 Q*Bert

C-823 Demon Attack

C-824 Jaw Breaker

C-825 Command Raid

C-826 Grand Prix

C-827 Chopper Command

C-828 Missile Command

C-829 Megamania

C-830 Planet Patrol

C-831 Cosmic Ark

C-832 Atlantis

C-833 Target Practice

C-834 Fast Eddie

C-835 Beany Bopper

C-836 Mouse Trap

C-837 Pizza Chef

C-838 Immies & Aggies

C-839 A Misterious Thief

C-840 Stone Age

C-841 Wizard of War

C-842 Dodg'em

C-843 Worm War 1

C-844 Bank Heist

C-845 Time Warp

C-846 Space Jockey

C-847 Dragon Treasure

C-848 Sneak'n'Peak

C-849 Boom Bang

C-850 Turmoill

C-851 Condor Attack

C-852 Amphibious War

C-853 Spider

C-854 Football

C-855 Othello

C-856 Pimball

C-857 Superman

C-858 Tennis

C-859 M.A.S.H.

C-860 Laser Gate

C-861 Boxing

C-862 Crackpots

C-863 Fisher Price

C-864 Fortress Defense

C-865 Duck Fighting

C-866 Robot Attack

C-867 Radar

C-868 Bingo

C-869 Tank

i also have pictures for most carts, only a few are missing.

(al, these will be included in the CD i'm sending you)

greetings

I had CCE Immies and Aggies in my collection of Atari 2600 carts.

CCE is a Brazilian manufacturer of electronic products (and still exists):

http://www.cce.com.br

They produced 2 or 3 models of Atari 2600 clones in Brazil, called Supergame CCE.

Best regards,

Sergio

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Does anyone know what the deal was with CCE? I know they were a pirate outfit in South America, but they seem to have gotten their hands on a few unreleased games, and I was wondering how. I've seen roms with the CCE logo on them for:

Aquaventure

Cubicolor

Immies and Aggies

Pizza Chef

Xevious

And I'm sure I've seen some others. Did someone hack the name on to a prototype in the 90's just to be funny or do these games actually exist as CCE pirate carts? Does anyone have a complete list of CCE games (the Atari Age list is missing some)? What the heck did CCE stand for anyway?

Tempest

Where did you seen Pizza Chef and Immies and Aggies as Rom with CCE Logo? I have only Immies and Aggies from Emag and one NTSC, but not from CCE.

I have only see them on the list, but not as Rom. I never have see Pizza Chef as Rom.

CCE, I only know that this is a Brazil company. Here some games from CCE I have:

CCE Games

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

Does anyone have a complete list of CCE games (the Atari Age list is missing some)? What the heck did CCE stand for anyway?

We'd certainly like to have as complete a listing as possible. We're only adding CCE games that we can verify by seeing a picture (at the minimum). That's why our list isn't complete.

..Al

Sorry, I mean I have the ROM and this is NTSC, but I don't have this game as real cart.

@ Albert

Keystone Kappers is with 2 pp as you see by my game. Maybe there is too one with 1 p. But in your list is only an error, or the one with 2 pp is missing.

And Pac Man is without - not Pac-Man as you see on my game too. Maybe this is both avaible.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

"hits" I found on Pizza Chef:

Atari2600.com

Heres someone who lists that he has a PAL copy of Pizza Chef:

Rick Weis

There are actually a bunch of hits though most of them are either A.) Want lists or B.) Rarity List that mention Pizza Chef as ER with no other info. Does JahFish know someone who has this game? Or would it be worth it to try and contact Rick the guy who claims he has a copy? (Of course it would)

the CCE titles are all bootlegs in PAL-M format from brasil. so i'm pretty sure all the copies that are in collectors hand (you mentioned PAL) are the CCE version.

rick, marco, ian (ianoid) and me are often found on brasilian auction, we're the one squatting those

from those four, i surely have the smallest collection of brasil carts, and within the 35-40 CCE titles, there's no pizza chef or immies, not within my collection. so you should rather ask those three .... i don't even have a pict of these two games.

i can also confirm that immies originally was supposed to be a zimag title.

btw, tempest, i am suprised about the titles cubicolor, Aquaventure & Xevious. did these also have illustrated labels?

because the list seems pretty complete. what numvers had they?

or did they have other labels? CCE carts were produced first with colored labels and a screenshot, after the illustrated label series they had simpler golden labels with a space ship where only the title is changed, not the design and the ship. maybe those 3 had one of the two label variations? i'm curious ...

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: jahfish ]

Hi guys,

CCE is one of the many Brazilian firms producing 2600 games for the Brazilian market. Although in our eyes they may be a pirate company, for the Brazilians they were the real and legit thing. The Brazilian market was (still is?) very protected against foreign products.

Somehow, CCE and other Brazilian companies got their hands on some games that were never released in the US or Europe. Pizza Chef, Immies & Aggies (by CCE) and Donald Duck (several companies) are the ones that have been found. Aquaventure, Cubicolor and Xevious are doubtful, at the least.

Pizza Chef and Immies & Aggies were never commercially released, but NTSC versions do exist. I have four Emag / Vidco prototypes:

Emag.jpg

Cheers,

Marco

Heh, thanks guys, I'm glad I can still surprise you

I got these from a guy that used to review games in the early eighties, for Electronic Games among a couple of others.

These carts confirm there was some relation between Zimag, Vidco and Emag. Immies & Aggies comes in a Vidco case, Spinning Fireball (apparently a working title) and Pizza Chef come in Zimag cases and A Mysterious thief has no manufacturer name molded into the case. We already knew that Vidco had something to do with Zimag, because of the I want my Mommy cart that's included with the Vidco Copy cart.

Anyone know more about how these companies were related? And where in fact did we ever get the name Emag from?

Cheers,

Marco

quote:

Somehow, CCE and other Brazilian companies got their hands on some games that were never released in the US or Europe. Pizza Chef, Immies & Aggies (by CCE) and Donald Duck (several companies) are the ones that have been found. Aquaventure, Cubicolor and Xevious are doubtful, at the least.

they probably had another unreleased thing - the internet - and just downloaded the roms like tempest did

quote:

Heh, thanks guys, I'm glad I can still surprise you

this time not until you solve the zimag-emag-vidco riddle

(i knew the protos from a previous post)

So exactly what is Spinning Fireball? Is that just Fire Spinner? I assume all those prototypes are NTSC right? Have they been dumped?

I'm going to want some information from you for my new prototype page when I hit the Z's (Zimag is still a long way off, I'm working on Atari right now).

Tempest

http://www.atariprotos.com (WIP)

Hi Marco,

No, Brazilian market is no more protected against foreign products...

While Digivision, Cosmovision and other *vision carts always had a pirate appearance, we in Brazil (or at least me ) always thought that CCE was an official distributor like Polyvox (Gradiente)...

Such type of piracy does not exist more with Brazilian companies. It is clearly that the piracy still exists here, but now the cartridges/CDs (N64, PSX2, GBC, etc.) come from China and sold illegally in small contraband stores.

Best regards,

Sergio

quote:

Originally posted by Marco:

Hi guys,

CCE is one of the many Brazilian firms producing 2600 games for the Brazilian market. Although in our eyes they may be a pirate company, for the Brazilians they were the real and legit thing. The Brazilian market was (still is?) very protected against foreign products.