IGNORED

HSC question

Lord Thag

Is there a 5200 high score club? I've never seen one here before, so I was just curious. I tend to play the 5200 the most out of all of my systems, an it would be fun to have a friendly competition. Is there any interest in this?

Is there a 5200 high score club? I've never seen one here before, so I was just curious.

836411[/snapback]

A high score club for the 5200 was TRIED, a little over a year ago, but soon stopped. To be honest, I think it was because I was clobbering everyone else's scores. No, actually, there just didn't seem to be enough interest for it. There might've been two people submitting scores / pictures at most.

I should be able to win the Super Breakout: Progressive variation contest, should one ever be started.

Point me to a good rom archive and I am there!

I have a 5200 but only have like 3 games for it.

Doc Clu

836692[/snapback]

Here's a start...

..Al

836699[/snapback]

I always chuckle when someone posts a reply like that...

...funny when something you have been looking for is right under your nose :)

A high score club for the 5200 was TRIED, a little over a year ago, but soon stopped.  To be honest, I think it was because I was clobbering everyone else's scores.  No, actually, there just didn't seem to be enough interest for it.  There might've been two people submitting scores / pictures at most.

836417[/snapback]

Yeah, I was actually the one who started the idea of a 5200 HSC. But like you said, there wasn't enough interest in it. Perhaps it may be a good time to start it up again...

I'll play if I can use the emulator.

840551[/snapback]

I think this would be okay. So how many of us are interested in starting this up again?

I'll participate, on real hardware when possible.

840608[/snapback]

I'll play, but don't expect me to be much competition. Even after all these years (I still have my original 5200) I suck at most games. But I still love it...

I'm game. I'm missing about 10 or so games for the set, so I'll play on hardware. Any one who wants to emulate is fine by me. I use these HSC less as a competition, and more as an excuse to drag out and play a game I might not otherwise.

Joust is fine with me as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're waiting for someone to volunteer to start it. I have no idea how to do all the fancy score logging and whatnot in the post, but if someone wants to give me a quick tutorial, I'll be happy to write the column. I'm doing the AAS over in the 2600 forum anyway....

Is everyone still game?

I'm still game, and I'd be willing to do some work for this but at the same time I'm not as computer savvy as I'm sure a lot of you are. I was all up for this immediately, and in fact already played Joust to a very respectable score IMO as this thread died on the table.

The new forums make it easy to make a 'score' chart.

What I do:

Use Excel to create the scoresheet

When you are ready to post updates highlight the cells you need to post and Copy them

Open Frontpage and perform a 'paste' into a new HTML document

Go to the 'code' view and copy the

->
HTML

Create/Edit msg here and paste the HTML code - works like a champ!

The new forums make it easy to make a 'score' chart.

What I do:

Use Excel to create the scoresheet

When you are ready to post updates highlight the cells you need to post and Copy them

Open Frontpage and perform a 'paste' into a new HTML document

Go to the 'code' view and copy the <table> -> </table> HTML

Create/Edit msg here and paste the HTML code - works like a champ!

Ah thanks! Unfortunately, my computer time is at work presently, and I am unable to use all of those programs, or install them either, so I guess I won't be able to host the HSC. I'm still very interested if anyone else wants to pick up the ball. I WILL play weekly. Anyone else interested in starting this up? My joust cart is starting to look neglected....