IGNORED

The Atari 7800 Label Thread

Gamemaster_ca_2003

Added this also to the Q*Bert homebrew thread, but here is one I did.

Corey

Oh, which reminds me, does anybody know the exact font for the Atari name and the "Video Game Cartridge". I used HammerFat for the Atari name, but is technically to thick and found Hammerthin, but is to thin. Anybody know the regular font name? Also I used MS Sans Serif, but isn't exact, but the closest I found in my font stash so far.

post-6452-1114029349_thumb.jpg

Edited by 8bitclassics

Oh, which reminds me, does anybody know the exact font for the Atari name and the "Video Game Cartridge".  I used HammerFat for the Atari name, but is technically to thick and found Hammerthin, but is to thin.  Anybody know the regular font name?  Also I used MS Sans Serif, but isn't exact, but the closest I found in my font stash so far.

840764[/snapback]

I actually use Arial - it's very close if not the correct one. Although you have to select 'bold' for it to look right at the top. On the bottom the regular setting works. Also, I think if you use Hammerfat and reduce the spacing between the letters, it looks correct, no? Example included :)

Bob

post-1787-1114078832_thumb.jpg

I ended up switching to Arial in my next rev of the label. I look at key fonts, specifically on the cartridge, the G and R. G has a line extending all the way to the bottom and on Arial it doesn't, and on the R, it is rounded a bit on the \ area instead of just straight like the Arial font. But otherwise, very close.

Your ATARI looks good, but won't know until printed. I will have to space the font more, but not sure how to do that in Photoshop.

On your 7800, very clean, what did you use for that? I ended up getting a box scan and cleaning it up, which is good, but not great. Also, there shouldn't be a TM mark by 7800, carts I have looked at didn't have them.

Corey

Someone want to make a Double Dragon label? :)

(I don't like the white one ;)

*better yet - if someone does make a double dragon label is there someone out there that could print me the label for a small fee?*

841118[/snapback]

Yup :) We sell blank labels for laser printing (and print them also) for a small fee. It fits the standard Atari cartridge though and not the Activision cartridge. If interested, PM me and I will see what I can come up with for a label design.

Corey

Someone want to make a Double Dragon label? :)

(I don't like the white one ;)

*better yet - if someone does make a double dragon label is there someone out there that could print me the label for a small fee?*

841118[/snapback]

Yup :) We sell blank labels for laser printing (and print them also) for a small fee. It fits the standard Atari cartridge though and not the Activision cartridge. If interested, PM me and I will see what I can come up with for a label design.

Corey

841128[/snapback]

Here is the label I came up with for Double Dragon. And incase you like just the grey labels.

Corey

post-6452-1114109528_thumb.jpg

post-6452-1114109695_thumb.jpg

Edited by 8bitclassics

I ended up switching to Arial in my next rev of the label.  I look at key fonts, specifically on the cartridge, the G and R. G has a line extending all the way to the bottom and on Arial it doesn't, and on the R, it is rounded a bit on the \ area instead of just straight like the Arial font.  But otherwise, very close.

Your ATARI looks good, but won't know until printed.  I will have to space the font more, but not sure how to do that in Photoshop.

On your 7800, very clean, what did you use for that?  I ended up getting a box scan and cleaning it up, which is good, but not great.  Also, there shouldn't be a TM mark by 7800, carts I have looked at didn't have them.

Corey

841127[/snapback]

Thanks (I actually look at letters 'S', 'A' and 'M' - never even noticed the 'G' :ponder:

I actually found a similar font for the '7800' lettering: Futura XBlkCN BT

I had to 'bold' it and make the spacing between the letters very small. I have included it here :)

That's funny about the - I saw it on the 2600 red labels and just ass/u/med it was on the 7800 :roll:

Bob

tt0204m_.zip

post-351-1114152382_thumb.jpgpost-351-1114147974_thumb.jpgpost-351-1114147992_thumb.jpg

Here are some games I know we have all been dying to play on the 7800.

PS: Do you guys care if I add your mock-ups to Cousin Vinnie's Panoramic Atari 7800 Froo Froo website?.... I'll give appropriate credit of course. Not alot of 7800 news to report after I have finished the site :)

Cousin Vinnie

www.flipsiderunner.com/7800

Edited by Cousin Vinnie