IGNORED

Rainbow Vision/Suntek (updated list on post 1!)

Rom Hunter

I have no idea as to the original title but I know that UFO Patrol was Time Race and Asteroid Belt was Great Escape by Bomb but you probably already know this.

936505[/snapback]

You mean the Time Race that looks like this:

post-6203-1127417629_thumb.jpg

I know that Asteroid Fire from Home Vision is the same game as Great Escape from Bomb - Onbase, but what about Asteroid Belt?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Actually i believed it was the opposite with Asteroid Belt being Assualt and Asteroid Fire being Missile War. I make this claim as I bought Asteroid Belt of atariguide some time ago and I owned Asteroid Fire so I am pretty confident in makingt he claim I knew the games.

As for Time Race I was thinking of the Hotshot version which which a cheap rip off of Space Jockey. Damn I need to dig the game out again for I have both Time Races and I need to check them both now.

Let's get this straight:

Asteroid Fire from Home Vision is the same game as Great Escape from Bomb - Onbase.

Sky Alien from Home Vision is the same game as Assault from Bomb - Onbase.

Dead-Ray from Home Vision is the same game as Astrowar from Dimax (AKA Missile War from Goliath - Hot Shot).

I'm 100% certain about this.

What I do not know however, is which game Asteroid Belt from Rainbow Vision is.

My guess is that Asteroid Belt from Rainbow Vision is the same game as Sky Alien from Home Vision (AKA Assault from Bomb - Onbase) and that UFO Patrol is the same game as Time Warp from Zellers (see screenshot on post #28).

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Its funny that, I came across a site some time ago that had it listed as Deadly Ray. Damn it just checked my games and you are right once again. Aaaargh. I need more sleep :D My Asteroid Belt was by Shockvision so I am afraid I cannot answer the question.

Edited by Foxsolo2000

I honestly dont know any more Rom. As already stated my Asteroid Belt is from Shockvision and is Great Escape. i know Sky Alien was Assualt but as I dont own the rainbow vison version of Asteroid Belt I am too petrified to even hazard a guess :D

Edited by Foxsolo2000

I have been going through my Suntek/Rainbow vision carts and found

this one that I am not sure about its in a long S.S. Branded case but

the label is in the size for a short case also the name is not listed on

any of the lists I can find

11.jpg

Also wanted to ask about some carts I believe are pirates they are in

what look like short Suntek/Rainbow vision cart cases, I have noticed

the following case differences #1) a small oval type molded indentation

in the lower center area of the back #2) two rows of small square holes

under the main label that you can see indentations of.

My question is are these differences a sure sign of pirate carts or were

any of the Suntek/Rainbow vision carts made like this?

1.jpg

111.jpg

Nice scans, FND.

However, these are not Rainbow Vision - Suntek games, but Double-Game Package games, distributed by Quelle.

Here's some info:

These carts were also sold by Quelle, but they have a different look.

The carts were sold in "Double-game packages"; there is a different name and picture on each side of the box; the manual just consists of a single sheet of cheap paper for every game with German instructions on one and Dutch on the other side.

They sometimes have the initials S.S. on the back.

Most carts are 1.5 cm smaller than normal carts. The front and end labels are always black, the title letters are white and rather simple. They always have a drawn picture on the front.

Some small carts were sold single in "normal" Quelle-Boxes.

Normal-size carts exist, they have the small lable-stickers.

The Double-Game Package list is in this topic (post #134):

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...ic=72538&st=125

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I found a lost page of a dying German site with this Suntek scan on it (and the SS-030 number of Skydiver).

No further important information, though.

BTW: Spectracube Invasion can also be found on this Taiwanese 32 in 1 Game cartridge:

http://www.geocities.com/s_h_3/atari/32/32in1.htm

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

This is World End (from Home Vision), also known as Laser Base (from ITT Family Games).

It could very well be the one (it also has an invasion theme), but I noticed there are only 31 pictures.

Maybe the missing picture is the one we're looking for.

If there's somebody out there who owns this 32 in 1 Game cartridge, we should be able to track down the game.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question about Time Race - I have a copy and I noticed the numbers are flipped. Like if I score 245, then each of those numbers individually is flipped, not 542.

Is this common of rainbow vision or do I have a dodgey/broken copy?

Edit: I've got a pic now of the cart itself and the screenshot (sorry, indoors night time) so maybe some one can tell me if that's just how they came or if I've got a crappy copy.

post-6831-1129207494_thumb.jpg

post-6831-1129207553_thumb.jpg

Edited by mitsubachi

Im not sure - will check later when i get home.

I do remember I couldn't read the game title on the bottom of the screen when I first fired it up because all the letteres were reversed and/or over lapping.

I mean I've only wasted a couple of dollars on it, so it's no biggy if it is crappy, but if it is I'd want to buy a working copy as well.

This is the title screen.

When you choose your game level, say game 4, then the 4 is reversed as well.

When you reset, it shows this screen with a 0.

I can't make out the writing for sure. Every time I look at it, I keep misreading it as "chicken o" lol.

I don't know - I think it's just borked.

post-6831-1129547086_thumb.jpg

post-6831-1129547108_thumb.jpg