IGNORED

Apple IIGS Sites?

adolescent

Are there any (free) resources like AtariAge for the Apple II/IIGS computers?  After years of holding off I broke down and bought one on eBay for $20.  Now, I need to find out what I can do with it.

838099[/snapback]

I'd recomend starting with the CSA2 Frequently asked questions and links site:

http://home.swbell.net/rubywand/A2FAQs1START.html

Also, though it is linked from the above site, WhatIsTheAppleIIgs? is my favorite IIgs software archive. http://www.whatisthe2gs.apple2.org.za/

Try this out for size:

http://www.a2gs.com/the_fairway/

Great site. I've done a ton of stuff with my IIgs, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

839241[/snapback]

The Fairway is a great site... though that's actually an out of date mirror of it... It's now a section of the second site I listed.

So... what have you been doing with your IIgs?

Edited by SuperPsycho

The Fairway is a great site... though that's actually an out of date mirror of it... It's now a section of the second site I listed.

Nothing recently, but I actually took the time to transfer files from net to pc to mac to the apple, so I have on IIgs disk everything that was available, pretty much. I'd love to get it online, but I have been unable to find a SCSI card or ram expansion for a reasonable price. I was messing around with assembly and basic as well. I used it fairly extensively as a word processor. Great little system.

Nothing recently, but I actually took the time to transfer files from net to pc to mac to the apple, so I have on IIgs disk everything that was available, pretty much. I'd love to get it online, but I have been unable to find a SCSI card or ram expansion for a reasonable price. I was messing around with assembly and basic as well. I used it fairly extensively as a word processor. Great little system.

841382[/snapback]

Yeah, the system and monitor are pretty easy to come by cheap, but expanding it can take some cash(and some luck). I got started with a couple IIgs systems, two floppy dries, two monitors and some misc. cards for price of shipping.... since then though I've added a bit... and it's costed... I won't say.

On a SCSI card and RAM card.... I'd expect to pay about $60 to $80 on an Apple Rev C SCSI card.. $90 to $110 on an Apple HighSpeed SCSI card.... or up to $250 on a RamFAST SCSI card..... Those cards are the only really recomended cards for the Apple II line.... The high speed card is a nice middle of the line card and I'm very happy with mine.

As far as RAM Cards... If I were looking for a RAM card, I'd probably just buy a RAM-4GS 4MB card for my IIgs... it's a good price for a brand new RAM card for the IIgs.(considering the typical cost for a used one.... which wouldn't be warantied).... $49 with 4 1MB SIMMS, $44 with no SIMMS.

post-210-1114137615_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuperPsycho

As far as RAM Cards... If I were looking for a RAM card, I'd probably just buy a RAM-4GS 4MB card for my IIgs... it's a good price for a brand new RAM card for the IIgs.(considering the typical cost for a used one.... which wouldn't be warantied).... $49 with 4 1MB SIMMS, $44 with no SIMMS.

Cool. I hadn't heard about that one. Maybe I'll pick one up. There was a guy who was manufacturing a compact-flash card interface that you could use like a hard drive, but I didn't have the cash. Don't remember the link though.

Cool. I hadn't heard about that one. Maybe I'll pick one up. There was a guy who was manufacturing a compact-flash card interface that you could use like a hard drive, but I didn't have the cash. Don't remember the link though.

841891[/snapback]

Did a search for apple ii cffa card on google and hit I'm feeling lucky... took me right to it. :D

http://dreher.net/?s=projects/CFforAppleII...ppleII/main.php

Looks like they are no longer in production or available.. however if he gets enough emails he may make a 4th run...

Also... look around on that website where the RAM4GS is listed... you'll find they also sell hard cards IDE interfaces.

Edited by SuperPsycho