IGNORED

battlesphere gold/ original

mad4jaguk

Id buy or trade or both on  either one if ya got a price in mind? US dollars please! Check out my stuff in the gallery section here in AA .  Im nonner242 Thanks

838340[/snapback]

I believe in the UK we still use Pounds Sterling.... dollars not much cop here, neither are Euros :)

Nick

So, when are you dropping that your Sterling thing ;-) ?

Just kidding, of course, but right now it's frustrating to know that UK is so much expensive for someone from Eurozone :-(

840774[/snapback]

Could be worse...you could be bidding with US dollars.

:(

I still have my original Battlesphere. I don't play it much. While the price it could fetch makes selling it attractive, I just don't think I could bring myself to part with it.

Even though I'm not playing it, I know I'd still enjoy it if I ever plugged it in. And odds are if I sold it, then I'd really want to play it, but would probably never see it again!

gonna put them both on ebay in the next few days because im buying a house, i am so sad about doing it but i need the deposit!!!!!!!! im in the uk but everyone is welcome!

838116[/snapback]

Not quite sure I understand you path of thought here...

Isn't buying a house several orders of magnitude higher than selling a Battlesphere cart on ebay?

I mean don't worry, there will be takers but will that really go very far as a down payment on a house?

Ok, so you might get let's say $500 USD... It will cost you more to paint the interior of your new house...

I say, if you like it, KEEP IT! Or, will you spend the rest of your life regretting it?

I know, it's a game, it's a house, It's my girlfriend that's killing me...

However, you should really think about keeping your Battlesphere...

There are very much bigger fish to fry in this situation.

Just me though,

Markimus of K.

So, when are you dropping that your Sterling thing ;-) ?

Just kidding, of course, but right now it's frustrating to know that UK is so much expensive for someone from Eurozone :-(

840774[/snapback]

hey, don't blame the UK for the Euro... you lot over the channel voted for it!! :) If you hadn't UK prices would be a lot cheaper and you Euro not so much over valued..

Nick

Yeah...I had bids on both early. By the time I went back to snipe them, they'd already hit the roof. That's just nuts. :sad:

Hopefully those were UK bidders because if those sales went in US dollars then I feel completely inadequate. :P

Heh, yeah.

Saw the insane prices they fetched. And it crushed my hope of ever owning one.

They were too expensive to me when they were manufactured, had the dollar been down 30% at that time, it would have been a stretch, but possible.

Now the dollar is down, but the price has quadrupled. :/

I've listed my Jaguar collection individually. Items of particular note include a copy of BattleSphere Gold and an official RGB lead (don't often see them). There's a mint copy of Defender 2000 too. The collection's a victim of a ruthless drive to clear out unneccessary possessions, and I need money at the moment. Too many friends getting married and having stag weekends ;)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZpatters98

Edited by patters98

I've listed my Jaguar collection individually. Items of particular note include a copy of BattleSphere Gold and an official RGB lead (don't often see them). There's a mint copy of Defender 2000 too. The collection's a victim of a ruthless drive to clear out unneccessary possessions, and I need money at the moment. Too many friends getting married and having stag weekends ;)

844492[/snapback]

You only ship within UK? Or was it an oversight?

844492[/snapback]

You only ship within UK? Or was it an oversight?

844507[/snapback]

For most of the items I thought it would be a good idea, since International shipping seems to cost so much compared to the worth of the items. For BattleSphere I figured people would be happy to pay the extra.

Anything you're interested in? PM me and can work out any shipping cost / options.

Edited by patters98

Hey Guys,

Has anyone noticed that Thunderbird also has a 'pristine' copy of BSG for sale at the moment??? I thought they were getting rid of all their copies of the game to those people who put their name on the list for a copy. I cant really complain as I was lucky enough to get a copy from the initial batch, but I did have my name on the list for another copy, so I had one to keep & one just in case!

Oh well, I just feel a bit sorry for those on that list that never got their order filled :(

Gaztee

:twisted:

Hey Guys,

Has anyone noticed that Thunderbird also has a 'pristine' copy of BSG for sale at the moment??? I thought they were getting rid of all their copies of the game to those people who put their name on the list for a copy. I cant really complain as I was lucky enough to get a copy from the initial batch, but I did have my name on the list for another copy, so I had one to keep & one just in case!

Oh well, I just feel a bit sorry for those on that list that never got their order filled :(

Gaztee

844590[/snapback]

No, I missed that.

Although I guess it's already gone by now. lol

Anyway, is there any chance of a new production at a price normal ppl can afford?

Hey Guys,

Gaztee

844590[/snapback]

Tbird's auction ended at $510.

I wonder how many other copies he has tucked away that will come out for sale over the next, oh, several years... spaced far enough apart to keep pulling down prices like that. Smart guy.

I wonder if that money will be going toward diabetes research, or his pocket. Hmm.... :ponder:

I wonder how many other copies he has tucked away that will come out for sale over the next, oh, several years... spaced far enough apart to keep pulling down prices like that. Smart guy.

I wonder if that money will be going toward diabetes research, or his pocket. Hmm....  :ponder:

849338[/snapback]

Didn't matter to me...

His pocket or charity...I didn't mind giving him the money for his work. Better that than a reseller looking to turn a buck.

Ironic that I got more for my copy than he did, and his was sealed. I can't say I feel guilty though. I'm pleased I've redeemed its value (all $529) - I hardly played it. *strokes imported PSP*

I was a bit worried that the high priced one before Thunderbird's was going to crash the value as everyone got tempted to sell.

Edited by patters98

I wonder if that money will be going toward diabetes research, or his pocket. Hmm....  :ponder:

849338[/snapback]

Didn't matter to me...

His pocket or charity...I didn't mind giving him the money for his work. Better that than a reseller looking to turn a buck.

849627[/snapback]

He never was forthcoming with any details about the claimed donations. IMO, that leaves it open to serious questions, but that's ancient history.

As long as the "manufacturer" isn't producing or selling the "product," the only way to buy it will be from private owners, or "resellers." It will go for whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It's a speciality item, with a limited supply and with not that large a demand, but thanks to the 'net, you can find those few who are willing to pay to get it.