IGNORED

Any old AAAUA members here?

Gunstar

Back in the early nineties I was a long-distance (by mail, forget the term they used) member of AAAUA (Austin Area Atari Users Association) from Austin Texas. I'm curious about getting in touch with some old members, hopefully those that were in charge of the disk library of the group. The reason is becuase I did several articles on artwork and the Atari 8-bit in the monthly AAAUA news letter and I also sent in several disks of my artwork to AAAUA for archival purposes in the AAAUA disk library. I've long since lost my artwork and would really like to know if anyone who used to be a member or even the librarian for the group still has the old floppy archives somewhere so that I might possibly be able to recover some of my long-lost artwork. Thanks.

Of course, by coincidence I now live just an hour south of Austin, so I'd be able to pick up anything in person. There were lots of cool stuff in the archives anyway that can't be found on the internet anywhere anyway, lot of PD and shareware stuff that I hope is not lost forever.

• Like 1

• 15 years later...

Old post, but I just came to it.  AAAUA to me (when I subscribed) was the Alamo Area Atari Users' Association.  Alamo, as in Alamo City (San Antonio, TX).  Did Austin have a branch AAAUA as well?  Alamo AAAUA had a great monthly newletter, (Fr)Antic.   I was a member in the early to mid-nineties.  

• Like 1

Just an old typo/brain-fart/etc. with the Austin thing. I was living very close to the Alamo when I posted this thread, actually. Probably just had Austin on my mind as San Antonio and Austin were on either side of me in Canyon Lake back then.

Edited by Gunstar

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

Just an old typo/brain-fart/etc. with the Austin thing. I was living very close to the Alamo when I posted this thread, actually. Probably just had Austin on my mind as San Antonio and Austin were on either side of me in Canyon Lake back then.

I never lived in S.A. area back then (or ever).  I think you are in Oklahoma, btwn OKC and T-Town, now, correct.  Funny our paths never crossed.  When I returned to OKC I tried to join the Tinker Atari Computer Enthusiasts (TACE).  They met in Moore, OK.  I went there to one of their monthly meetings. I walked in and only about 5 or 6 guys were there tinkering (no pun) with their computers.  I went in, no one EVER acknowledged my presence.  I thought they were pretty rude at the time.  Weird, you'd think they'd be overjoyed at a potential new member.  I couldn't get the time of day from them.   Had I been in the Alamo City, I know I would not have been received like that.  Good bye TACE.  RiP.

• Like 1

OKC is 100 miles from me, I'm 20 miles south of Tulsa, so yes, I'm "in-between." As to why our paths never crossed is probably because I've never had any contact or visited any user groups anywhere, I subscribed to AAAUA back in the early 90's like you. I was living in Wisconsin at the time. I posted this old thread soon after I moved to that area of Texas from Wisconsin back in '04/05, to see about getting together with the old AAAUA members, as the group was apparently long desolved even back then. and also see if my old art work I sent on disks was still in someone from the groups archives. I never got a reply, obviously, until now, 15 years later and 5 years after moving to Oklahoma. But, if you are still living in the OKC area then maybe we could get together at some point, I'd love to spend some time with another A8 enthusiast in real life.

Edited by Gunstar

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...