IGNORED

Dal-ACE Newsletters?

Cybernoid

Hi, related to Gunstar's post about the Austin Atari User Group, are there any previous members of Dal-ACE (Dallas Atari Computer Enthusiasts) here? (Doctor Clu... I know you are here... :D )

I have posted the Dal-ACE Newsletter Covers that I have. I would like to complete the set...

Click Here for some Dal-ACE Newsletter Covers

=C=

• Like 2

• 13 years later...

In this message we have scans of the disk catalog and some newsletter issues. I have more to scan from 1985 and 1986. Looks like Dal-ACE started around 1978 or so.

dalace disk 01.pdf

dalace disk 02.pdf

dalace disk 03.pdf

dalace disk 04.pdf

dalace 1985 01.pdf

dalace 1985 04.pdf

• Like 4

More newsletters from 1985 and 1986. The rest of the ones I got in a collection a few years ago. All I have at this point so if you know of anyone that has Dal-ACE (or AUNT) newsletters to scan, please let me know.

dalace 1985 02.pdf

dalace 1985 03.pdf

dalace 1986 02.pdf

dalace 1986 04.pdf

dalace 1986 05.pdf

dalace 1986 06.pdf

dalace 1986 08.pdf

dalace 1986 09.pdf

• Like 3

Many many thanks for these scans of Dal-ACE newsletter. I am especially happy for bunch of disks, which were missing from the old link (disks 50 - 100).

Great find :thumbsup:

Thanks. I see you had an archive at this link. What issues and disks did you have for Dal-ACE?

Ah found it...

http://gury.atari8.info/dev/games_houston_ace.php

Edited by doctorclu

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For those not keeping score, here is how the Dal-Ace newsletter archive is looking at this point.  Also added the covers that Cybernoid provided for where newsletters are still missing.

1983 - 1 out of 12 months.   Oct.   We have the cover for some unidentified month.

1984 - 6 out of 12 months.    Apr-May-Jun-Jul-Sep-Nov.  

1985 - 11 out of 12 months   (All but December)

1986 - 6 out of 12 months.   Feb-Apr-May-Jun-Aug-Sep. We have the cover for Jan and Mar.

1987 - 7 out of 12 months.   Jun-Jul-Aug-Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec. 

1988 - We have the covers for Feb-Mar-Apr-May-Jul.

So if you were part of a ACE (Atari Computer Enthusiast) Club, or know someone who was, maybe they were part of the ACE Newsletter Exchange.  If so, the missing issues might be out there in the archives of other clubs.   If so, please contact me so that we can complete this archive!

Thanks and hope you've enjoyed what we have found so far.  - Doctor Clu

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

Looks like a well-polished newsletter. Very nice.  Maybe I should sell my newsletters.  

Or archive any issues that you have that have not been scanned or make ATRs from any disks you have that have not been posted. :)

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 6:51 AM, Allan said:

Awesome catch!    Be cool to see what holes this collection fills from what we have scanned above.

On 3/21/2021 at 7:51 AM, Allan said:

dang I am bummed I missed this auction. I love reading real life magazines. Great price too!!! Have fun with these @Allan

8 hours ago, orpheuswaking said:

dang I am bummed I missed this auction. I love reading real life magazines. Great price too!!! Have fun with these @Allan

Thank you. But I want everyone to be able to enjoy them. That's why I am scanning them like doctorclu did. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It might be a while until I get to the rest of them scanned because I need to do the Current Notes issues that are suppose to arrive today. But here are two of them including the December, 1985 issue, making the whole year archived.

1985-12 DAL-ACE - Dallas Atari Computer Enthusiasts Newsletter December 1985.pdf 1989-4 DAL-ACE - Dallas Atari Computer Enthusiasts Newsletter April 1989.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I need to go through all of these in search of BBS related stuff... I wasn't really a "user group" kind of guy as I always viewed them as very anti piracy... I find out as an adult that this was not always the case though I think the dal-ace folks were pretty straight laced as I heard about them on some of the PD boards.. Still - super awesome that all of this stuff has been preserved - thank you to those of you who have put in the effort to do so!!!!

• Like 1