IGNORED

Dal-ACE Newsletters?

Cybernoid

1 hour ago, adam242 said:

Love these old newsletters... takes me back even more than the old national magazines. More personal, more local.. Wish I had saved some of my old MACE lit.

They are good.   I was surprised that we've been able to unearth as much of Dal-ACE as we have.   I've seen some MACE issues out there.   Maybe we should start looking for those too.

Some are in the internet archive:

https://archive.org/details/mace-newsletter-v-2n-4-apr-1982

https://archive.org/details/MACE_Journal

I'll keep a look out for them.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:23 PM, doctorclu said:

I've seen some MACE issues out there.   Maybe we should start looking for those too.

MACE Newletter/Journal seems complete except for volume 1 from 1981 (which I expect will be really hard to find, there's one issue on archive.org).  In 1988, the group joined the Michigan Atari Magazine (which later became Atari Interface) and ceased publishing independently (except for a single issue in July 1988).  I'd love to see the remaining Michigan Atari Magazine and Atari Interface's scanned, but I think it's more interesting to find and scan pre-Tramiel era newsletters such as some of these DAL-ACE newsletters, since user group newsletters from that era are scarce on the archives.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up. I am in the middle of scanning the large collection of Dal-Ace newsletters. Of course it is going to take a while. I am focusing on scanning them first, then I will start posting them. I did post a few on archive.org. I am doing the missing issues first and then I will go back and scan a few of the mis-aligned issues that have already been posted. Hopefully we can get all the magazines and disk images all in one place in an organized manner. There are a number of issues with errors in regards to the issue identification. For example, there are two August, 1983 issues, one actually being the September, 1983 issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Here's an AACE (Austin, Texas ACE) newsletter from February 1985 that I just ran across and decided to scan.

Yeah, these really take you back as a snapshot of what was going on.

Atari at CES

Pricing

Atari Corp news, Lucasfilm and Epyx news, Broderbund news

Infocom Hitchhikers guide

Hardware DIY project

Disk parties

AACE0285.zip

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, erichenneke said:

Here's an AACE (Austin, Texas ACE) newsletter from February 1985 that I just ran across and decided to scan.

Atari at CES

Pricing

Hardware DIY project

Disk parties

AACE0285.zip 20.49 MB · 1 download

That is really cool.   And Hitchhiker's Guide (Infocom) article.  Can't wait to read that.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:25 PM, erichenneke said:

Atari at CES

Pricing

Hardware DIY project

Disk parties

AACE0285.zip 20.49 MB · 9 downloads

There 'seems' to be missing pages from this. Is this all there was? It goes from page 6 to page 9.

I put all the jpegs into a PDF.

Austin_Atari_Computer_Enthusiasts_Feb_1985.pdf

On 7/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, Allan said:

I am starting to upload these on Archive.org. It is taking a while so I will take some time. 

https://archive.org/details/@allan52

Thanks for all the ones you've uploaded, especially Dal-ACE.   These have been great.  And all the manuals.   Do you have more to upload of Dal-ACE?   And do we know which ones are still missing?

I was delighted to see some as late as 1989.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doctorclu said:

Thanks for all the ones you've uploaded, especially Dal-ACE.   These have been great.  And all the manuals.   Do you have more to upload of Dal-ACE?   And do we know which ones are still missing?

I was delighted to see some as late as 1989.

That is all of them. I don't know how long it went. If you read the issues, they will sometimes give you more info. For example, in 1990 they did not publish anything for four months. It is explained in the July 1990 issue.

• Thanks 1