IGNORED

Found a Luma Phone - Anyone Have the Instructions?

Atari Rescue Group

I found a Mitsubishi Luma video phone today. Looks pretty cool but I have no idea how it works. Does anyone have the instructions for it they can make a copy of for me?

It looks like the one on this page but it doesn't have the Atari name on it of course:

Atari Museum Page

Edited by Atari Rescue Group

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Disn't they feature the 'Luma phone' in one of Kubrik's 'space' films , can't remember which one it was but, Leonard Rossiter (of rising damp fame) was seen using it in the film

You're thinking of 2001. That was a bit before Atari would have made these.

And I prefer to think of him as Leonard Rossiter of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin fame... the show where his character tried to come up with an idea which would utterly fail... a "grot shop", which was esentially a thrift store, so of course it was a smashing success.

Hmm.. I thought these were strictly prototype units and were never released? That's interesting to see they are still being used in Japan...   and Ferris, you have 6 of them? Wow...  Your selling me a pair when? :) heh...

943096[/snapback]

Clint, no - Atari's video phone was actually released as the Mitsubishi Luma Phone (hence the name in the discission). Curt's model is a Luma Phone as well. As far as I know, it was the only product of Ataritel that eventually made it to market.

Edited by wgungfu

• 6 years later...

This topic has been dead awhile but I was just thinking of how this lumaphone is sitting in a closet. I've had it for a few years now. I like the video output, the images look great and blocky on my TV.

Anyone stateside on the forum still have one?