IGNORED

Hardsynth

emkay

Sorry, an open database is not that easy to create, since no Tracker is really using it.

But, If you have some questions, please write them here. I'll try to answer and help if possible.

Thanks! :D

I experiment with Raster Tracker, make music in .mod and .mid format, and import this files on Raster.

http://www.atariware.cl/archivos/index.php...%20instruments/

http://www.atariware.cl/archivos/index.php?dir=musica/

Interesting it would be to create a BD equivalent to all 128 MIDI's instruments for Raster Tracker.

Sorry, an open database is not that easy to create, since no Tracker is really using it.

But, If you have some questions, please write them here. I'll try to answer and help if possible.

Thanks! :D

I experiment with Raster Tracker, make music in .mod and .mid format, and import this files on Raster.

http://www.atariware.cl/archivos/index.php...%20instruments/

http://www.atariware.cl/archivos/index.php?dir=musica/

Interesting it would be to create a BD equivalent to all 128 MIDI's instruments for Raster Tracker.

If you send me the midi bank in WAV for example, I can try to make all the instruments.

If you send me the midi bank in WAV for example, I can try to make all the instruments.

The real quantum leap was a midi bank created at 15kHz...

Hi, :)

We prune to simulate the instruments MIDI of some form. Probably using the harmonic equivalent one of this frequency without losing the essence, though for an expert, the solution would be to occupy samples of 2 bits (like a HP48! ;) ). While, the idea only to create instruments equivalent to MIDI to use them in Raster Tracker.

• 2 weeks later...
OK ... I give up making any new Hardsynth tunes and switch to Softsynth now ;-)

Hi emkay, could you please include SAP files in your releases? I think now with new ASAP 1.0 and SAP 2.0 the emulation is getting even closer to the real thing so there is no reason to avoid SAP emulation.

OK ... I give up making any new Hardsynth tunes and switch to Softsynth now ;-)

Hi emkay, could you please include SAP files in your releases? I think now with new ASAP 1.0 and SAP 2.0 the emulation is getting even closer to the real thing so there is no reason to avoid SAP emulation.

If you want to test some...

Especially the 1.79MHz sound fits better now. I also see that there are experimental waveforms in the player. I think, it's not necessary if POKEY was used as it should :ponder:

Which means that POKEY has enough different waveforms at all :)

As you might hear, the 4-fold speed tune of DotC is even better tuned than the extra wave forms. Which means that, with the optimized timing, everything can be tuned in on the standard machine.

And here are two tunes with very high timing characteristics. On the real thing still more is possible, but this setting sounds almost same on RMT, the A8 emulator and in the new SAP player.

I like these sounds/tones/tunes quite a bit... are they original? Nice to hear the percussive effects down-played for a change.

Edited by MrFish

I like these sounds/tunes quite a bit... are they original?

Ofcourse, they are original. It could be done better aswell, if the emulation was almost at 100% of the real thing.

Btw: All my Hardsynth tests/projects are done at 15kHz. The real goal is to have the "resulting" tones of the filtering for the real tone.

The sound you recognize is programmed almost two octaves lower as you might think.

And here are two tunes with very high timing characteristics. On the real thing still more is possible, but this setting sounds almost same on RMT, the A8 emulator and in the new SAP player.

I really appreciate your effort but I think pokey can do better.

I just listen to the c64 tune and it is so nice I really like to hear something like that on the good old xl.

However please keep on going.

Edited by Schmutzpuppe

I really appreciate your effort but I think pokey can do better.

I just listen to the c64 tune and it is so nice I really like to hear something like that on the good old xl.

However please keep on going.

You are talking about "Monty Mole"?

Well, it's still a MOD converson of a short remix.

It could all be so easy.

A small thingy that registers the played frequency and adjusts the pitch to the needed tone, to have the correct sounding.

Not that only the sounds are in another range, sometimes you think that pokey plays the double width of the needed frequency...

The good thing is that the new SAP Player shows different wave forms for comparing this.

Here for another test:

I really would like to make some "final" impression... but, how without the needed...?

OK... depending on a currently happening thing, here is another demonstration.

We could name it "real hardsynth" because it is even harder to adjust the sounds at 1.79MHZ with filter.

To make it short: this one uses a 2 point correction... without it, the tune sounds "drunken"...

Perhaps someone can make a recording on the real thing?

• 1 month later...

Same as above. But with more accuracy imho.

What's really missed in the main melody is that some reverb is done with another channel.

But, indeed the same characteristics are gained here. Even with the "FX" which reminds heavily to the original one.

Perhaps a try with two pokeys ... hm...

Edited by emkay

Some experimental with the tune.

About the calculated notation. Well, it's a known thing that the notes in the lower range of the pitch values fit better than at the higher range. So, why does the LOWER range always ound "off" while the higher range is OK? Wouldn't it be a logical thing that particular the lower sounds always must be correct then?

The tune now tries to compensate some issues by changing the sound type with VBI manipulations...

I'd say "some interesting" Sounds are in there now, also.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know how this sounds on the real thing...

It's stereo only:

I wonder how it would sound if RMT would support 16bit (or double-8-bit) notation tables, needed for the most correct notation for a sawtooth instrument

Hm.... actually, I'm really surprised myself how "modular" is sounds between the AMIGA Version and the AdLib original.

Using the two pokeys it may be more clear, where the benefits are: three instruments are clearly from other waveforms. Even the simple ATARI squares get interesting when played aside the sawtooth and some filtered FX.

In short: I'm not sure whether I want it "better"... ;-)

Except the softness of the "chorus" voice where I used arpeggio, but 50 hz may not be any "softer" I guess.

Edited by emkay