IGNORED

Hardsynth

emkay

mk...forerver young was one of my alltime faves... "why have children forget to play".... that's why we are here @ atariage...hehhehehe...

deathtrap...never thought of kraftwerk...i am more a metal maniac so that's why i just thought of Scorpions, Accept, Helloween, Warlock etc. who the us guys might know... ;)

mk...forerver young was one of my alltime faves... "why have children forget to play".... that's why we are here @ atariage...hehhehehe...

1004067[/snapback]

Alphaville war schon echt gut...

I'm missing a "Sounds like a melody" MOD ;)

The next one is not a real song (even the original mod wasn't complete)

It seems, someone tried a special mix of a well known tune.

So, what's the name ?

I called it "sounds" ... guess why ;)

ooohh.... two questions in one post :P :ponder:

So, what's the name ?

Well, the music is well known to those of a certain age. One of the two best bands to come out of Sheffield.

"Sounds" - because there's no reproduction of the vocal track maybe?

So, what's the name ?

Well, the music is well known to those of a certain age. One of the two best bands to come out of Sheffield.

I think, Being Boiled can be converted too (if there is any mod around ;) )

"Sounds" - because there's no reproduction of the vocal track maybe?

1004436[/snapback]

Hm... now that you are saying.... perhaps you are right that "only" the vocal track is missing.

I just had to convert the mod...

Sorry for the stereo RMT, but the stereo effects were good.  I wanted to keep them.

1006235[/snapback]

Why not :)

The only problem here is to find a way to make the high notes sounding a bit more released/relaxed (at the end)..

The higher the timing, the higher the critical issues(differences) between emulation and the real pokey. But it's worth a try.

I just had to convert the mod...

Sorry for the stereo RMT, but the stereo effects were good.  I wanted to keep them.

1006235[/snapback]

Why not :)

The only problem here is to find a way to make the high notes sounding a bit more released/relaxed (at the end)..

The higher the timing, the higher the critical issues(differences) between emulation and the real pokey. But it's worth a try.

1006430[/snapback]

Yup, I noticed that... but I have some things I can do to try to fix this..

Okay, adjusted the attack of some of the instruments to better match the original mod, made a better snare drum, added back some of the missing low notes.

Tried to tune the bass a little for the higher notes... they are a little more in tune, but the low notes will be a little more out of tune...

I wish I could make a better cowbell. Believe me, you are going to want more cowbell. (obscure SNL reference) :D

ein2_stereo.zip

Okay, adjusted the attack of some of the instruments to better match the original mod, made a better snare drum, added back some of the missing low notes.

Tried to tune the bass a little for the higher notes... they are a little more in tune, but the low notes will be a little more out of tune...

I wish I could make a better cowbell.  Believe me, you are going to want more cowbell.  (obscure SNL reference) :D

1006558[/snapback]

The start is very good now, but when the "Sample" is played alone, the "release" of the sound seems to go off and on again.... perhaps a volume problem?

What about playing some noise (gen. 8 ) at volume "1" on a free channel for compensating this?

Btw: Where to listen to the original MOD?

Perhaps I have an idea for the last part...

Overall, the tune is very "eary" :D

Edited by emkay

Here is my RMT file as well as the orginal mod.

I think that the RMT file is actually more in tune in places than the original. And, I balanced the channels a little differently... there were just some tracks that seems to be background but overpowering the main theme.

I indeed might have some issues with the envelope. I am curious to see what you have in mind...

ein3_try.zip

maybe some of guys can convert one nice mod inkl. sid voice to 3 channels which i could use for Venus??? should be fitting to the game theme...

1006744[/snapback]

If you have an existing Amiga Mod in mind for Venus, I could convert it to 3 channels... I'll look around for something that fits the game, too. It may not be a highly technical conversion, but...

OK... I kept the song... almost ;)

1006728[/snapback]

Which one indeed. This does fix the high ending. I like it. What did you do?

1006773[/snapback]

well... it seems.... after 3 years of RMT fiddling, I found a solution to handle higher notes more stable...

:ponder: :D :ponder: :D :cool:

Here another test.

more later...

OK... I kept the song... almost ;)

1006728[/snapback]

Which one indeed. This does fix the high ending. I like it. What did you do?

1006773[/snapback]

well... it seems.... after 3 years of RMT fiddling, I found a solution to handle higher notes more stable...

:ponder: :D :ponder: :D :cool:

Here another test.

more later...

1006789[/snapback]

Ah, yes Erasure! This does sound good!

As you might know, filter usage causes unwanted cancelling of the played sound.

Using the highest note, played a short time, minimizes the timing offset between the soundgenerators.

Now I did this, to have this cool "instrument attack sounding" that was needed for completion of the tune:

As you can see, this time I used the highest note two times at the start of the instument.

With the first command 1 , the generators are "resetted" , the 2nd command 1 sets a defined offset.

That's all.

Edited by emkay

Heaven,

I am converting the following mod to 3 voices only for Venus. I still have some work to do on it, but the first part is 3 voices and there are many sections that can be easily converted by dropping some harmonizing of the bass...

Let me know what you think...

luna2.zip