IGNORED

whats the difference btwn 6 & 4 switch?

ehoofprint

WELCOME!

Never mind the local riff-raff. There is no real functional difference between the 4-switch and 6-switch. Both play the same games and the 4-switch still has the same 6 switches, 2 of them were just moved.

Most people agree though, that the early 6-switchers with the extra shielding (heavy sixer) put out better color.

Actually I have a heavy sixer, and the colors do seem a bit more vivid than the later 2600s and the 7800. It's a really minor issue, though. Unless you were really paying attention, you might not even notice. I used a 4 switch for years. The main thing is making sure you have good quality hookups etc.

For some reason, River Raid II does not work on 6 switch atari's. I don't know why, no one does. To boggle your mind more, I got the HES River Raid II (Its PAL) and that RRII works perfect on my big sexy (I have a TV that can play both). Why this happens, no one knows. But, to answer your question, yes, the big sexy has a better quality picture to it. However, nothing beats out my Audio/Video mod for my Atari 4 switch, and when I get my Atari 7800, I am going to try to use the same resistors on the 7800 to see if it works like that as well. I sure hope so, I'd love to get my 7800 working perfectly with A/V...

For some reason, River Raid II does not work on 6 switch atari's

Really? Never heard of that before. I have RR2 and it works fine on my heavy sixer! I wonder why it would work on my 'sixer and not on every one elses? Weird. Devil's magic most likely...

Really? Never heard of that before. I have RR2 and it works fine on my heavy sixer! I wonder why it would work on my 'sixer and not on every one elses? Weird. Devil's magic most likely...

841495[/snapback]

Many people tell you that it doesn't work on the heavy six. for some reason, it always glitches out. Same on light six's. But on a 4, it works perfect.

841495[/snapback]

Many people tell you that it doesn't work on the heavy six. for some reason, it always glitches out. Same on light six's. But on a 4, it works perfect.

841549[/snapback]

For the record, I played mine for a while on a Sears Heavy 6er and no issues, FWIW.