IGNORED

Greatest 1on1 fighter?

What is the greratest 1 on 1 fighter series?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is the greratest 1 on 1 fighter series?

• Street Fighter 2 onwards
    • King of fighters
    • King of monsters
    • Tekken
    • WWF(E)
    • Clayfighters:)
    • Samerai Spirits (Showdown)
    • Battle Arena: Toshinden
    • Bushido Blade
    • Double Dragon (neo-geo)
    • Dead or alive
    • Fatal Fury
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Pit-Fighter
    • Body Blows

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

King of the Monsters! Accept no sustitute. :)

-S

843643[/snapback]

That was a fun game but it's Wrestling with Kaiju.

843656[/snapback]

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here. :|

-S

843692[/snapback]

Kaiju = Japanese for "Giant Monsters" (more or less)

examples: Godzilla, Gamera, Rodan.

What no Soul Calibur, Justice League, Virtua Fighter, Fighters Megamix, Waku Waku 7, Darkstalkers...? I could go on probably...

...Capcom, SNK and Marvel Vs. series, Shaq Fu, Super Smash Bros., Rival Schools, Fighting Vipers, Bloody Roar, UFC, DBZ: Budokai...

843820[/snapback]

$* Budokai, Its all about DBZ Super Butouden and Hyper Dimension for the Super Famicom ;)

post-4191-1114476507_thumb.jpg

I'd have to go with a Street Fighter II, my old man bought this in '92 and oh boy, my mom almost devorced him (well they did divorce in 1993 but for other X and Y reasons) as my house was packed with my dads friends and all I could do was watch (heck id get my share in the late afternoons when the man was not home!!) but this was nutz, I think I was playing and I got shoved to let somebody else play (jeez on my own system, it look as my old man owned the thing more than me and he was only 32 so he was still young!) From there my skills improved and gametime improved as my biggest challenger where my own father and my neighbor!! (my mom was not too happy Id slack off school to play more SFII) it paid off TRUST ME

If I had a second choice would go for Killer Insctinct

I'm glad someone finally mentioned Killer Instinct for the SNES. That was always my favorite because it required so much research, like learning all the combinations of the moves and such. I think that was probably the first (if not the only) game to incorporate multi-hit combos into fighting (at least more than like 3 or 4 hit combos).

I also liked Soul Calibur, which I understand was not listed because of the 2D thing.

I think [Killer Instinct] was probably the first (if not the only) game to incorporate multi-hit combos into fighting (at least more than like 3 or 4 hit combos).

I dont' recall which came first, but DarkStalkers also had multi-hit combos, and each combo was highlighted with the number of hits. Later Mortal Kombat III did the same thing, and combos have pretty much been a part of fighting games since.

I thought the combo was there from the original release of Street Fighter 2.

Initially a glitch, but people embraced the idea so they kept them on in all the future games.

I know MK1 had combos.

Particularly the infinite juggle combo... if you ever wanna beat someone easy, just get 'em in a corner and uppercut.

International Karate + was about as good as it ever got.

Soul Calibur was a laugh though. Neither are there :)

Rather too many fighting games methinks. hell, if the control had been a bit more responsive, I'd also vote for Rakuga Kids. That was a funny game :)