IGNORED

Most wanted prototype

mister_pal

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see a finished version of Elevator Action on the 2600. I'm already amazed at the unfinished prototype out there, and I just know the finished product would rank up there with Millipede and Stargate.

Also, I once saw a list of unreleased Jaguar games that mentioned Roll Cage. If that's the same racing/shooting game that was released on the PC and the PlayStation, I would love to see how it looks on the Jag.

Propeller Arena on Dreamcast ...

849187[/snapback]

Propeller Arena was never officially released on Dreamcast -- Unless you mean you want to download it. If so, then, it's not that rare. In fact, I might know someone who could possibly hook you up with the source code!! :cool:

I assumed that PA was out there. Having a Mac (and incompatible burner), could anyone out there send me a copy? I'd also like to play Half Life.

Oh, I did play a Galleon beta at Confounding Factor that wasn't DC code, but wasn't far off. AFAIR there was a slightly different control method, but little else changed in the Xbox release.

No Cliché's Agatha looked pretty tasted for the DC also. I wonder what ever happened to that?

• 1 year later...

While I can easily agree to Shenmue for the Saturn (it'd rock to play it on that!) I would most want Phear for the Jaguar!

I'd like to see Sonic Xtreme.

Any more info on the 5% completed Super Pac-Man 2600 proto out there?

Edited by Breakpack

oh yeah i should not forget immies and aggies :dunce:
Doesn't exist.

This is the (crappy) NTSC conversion from ZiMAG:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...7368&MENU=2

And this is the PAL original from Suntek:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...3331&MENU=2

As for the most wanted prototype:

Good Luck, Charlie Brown!

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Any more info on the 5% completed Super Pac-Man 2600 proto out there?

Nope. I just found a one line mention on an June 1984 status sheet. Given the late date (remember all game development stopped in July with the huge layoffs) and the fact that it was only listed at 5%, I doubt anything still exists. Of course these status sheets have been wrong before...

Tempest

Atari 2600 - The Day The Earth Stood Still (20th Century Fox)

NES - Earthbound (Mother 1) Or Zelda III

SNES - Super Mario FX Or Super Smash Bros (SNES)

Saturn - Sonic X-Treme

N64 - Earthbound 64

Gamecube - Pilotwings (Gamecube Version) Or GCN Spaceworld 2000 Zelda techdemo

Genesis - Sonic Crackers

Game Boy Color - The Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage

Edited by Josh

I remember seeing Mortal Kombat 3 pics with the graveyard stage intact.I'd like to see the proto pop up (I remember posting a scan of the stage from an EGM a while back).And I recently saw new footage of Street Fighter 2 CE and it looks like an earlier version of Street Fighter 2 Turbo proto ROM floating out there for Sega Genesis.Check out this clip here.There are subtle differences of this clip and the ROM like Bison's stance and when the players land from jumps,the sound effect is different.Also the 'FIGHT' font looks different.

Edited by Breakpack

I remember seeing Mortal Kombat 3 pics with the graveyard stage intact.I'd like to see the proto pop up (I remember posting a scan of the stage from an EGM a while back).And I recently saw new footage of Street Fighter 2 CE and it looks like an earlier version of Street Fighter 2 Turbo proto ROM floating out there for Sega Genesis.Check out this clip here.There are subtle differences of this clip and the ROM like Bison's stance and when the players land from jumps,the sound effect is different.Also the 'FIGHT' font looks different.

I've never played the Genny version before, I'd like to see some side by side comparisions. It does look 'beta' though.

BTW, is it just me or are the people playing in the demo using the cheesiest moves ever? I always hated people who did nothing but spam fireballs or fire torpedeos.

Tempest

I've never played the Genny version before, I'd like to see some side by side comparisions. It does look 'beta' though.

BTW, is it just me or are the people playing in the demo using the cheesiest moves ever? I always hated people who did nothing but spam fireballs or fire torpedeos.

Tempest

LOL,thats exactly what I thought.First thing that came to mind when see it played was maybe all the moves werent implemented or could be pulled of well just yet.As far as this game and the one released officially in stores,the music sounds waaaay better in the proto.It features the K.O. music when your energy is low. This proto's sprites look more like the SNES sprites.Look at Balrog.He has small gloves and looks generally smaller,just like the SNES World Warrior.Im not sure if I should post the Street Fighter 2 Turbo Genesis proto here,but it looks to be a later revision of the clip I linked to above.It has more subtile changes (including the Title screen) fight.bmp title.bmp

Edited by Breakpack

For me it's Adventures of the Pink Panther for the 2600. I'm a huge Pink Panther fan (movies and cartoons) and it's absolutely killing me that this ROM hasn't been released. It looks like such a great game. I just hope I can play it sometime in this lifetime. :sad:

Steve Averitt where are you? :?

Someone contacted me this very week and told me he was offered a 2600 Pink Panther proto. The owner then decided to go the eBay-route, so if his story is true, there may be a surprise up on eBay soon!

Cheers,

Marco

Interesting. I assumed there was more than one out there, but it takes awhile for these things to surface. I can't wait to see if it pops up on ebay.

Tempest