IGNORED

happycart makes happy

jahfish

i thought i gotta share the fun ......

under Have you ever received any strange email relating to HappyCart?

, there's a real cool email posted that steve and mike got, regarding the release of their happycart2000

check it out here!

i wonder how long the reply was?

did they answer every question ?!?!

What was wrong with it I thought it was good email if theres a problem I didnt spot can someone tell me. I want a happycart too I think he put forward some valid questions questions that demand answers whats a happycart does it work on the Atari I've got a woodgrain can I play Custers Revenge My mum won't let me Ive been sectioned I havent got an atari its a colecovision can u use the happycart on them my colecovision is broken its a comodore 64 can i have some milk is it time for my bath. I can hear voices god comes to me in my dreams and tells me to kill women

does this mean that in case i will buy games from you, you'll first send me a videotape showing all the games working and explaining every single detail of it?

i think this guy exagerated juuuuuusst a litlle bit.

that must have been 50-100 questions he's asking.

i think nobody has ever asked me so much questions at once in my life

yeah but if screenshots are shown on the screen the tv must be connected. i think the modem is nor working because i can't connect it to the tv. can you tape this to me on video so i can see how you connect the tv to your telefone? if you connect the tv to the telefone directly then why do i need the modem? this confusing and you must explain it to me? can you do it as long monolog on vhs after the first explanation part on the tape? it would be great if you can also programm subtitles in the video. do you have the equipment to do it? also can you connect this equipment with the modem to the VCS? that would be great. please immediately stop all activities and quickly start this project. then send me your results by mail (video would be better for 100% safety).........

well yeah i thought to check this check out right now now right now i've connected a connection from my joystick to my new modem and my videorecorder i have record some pictures on my recording tape but when i try to play the recorded images they will not play they play not and stand still is this because my recording tape must be vhs i use betamax or must i use some recorded tape in my atari vcs system ? well if you know it you must know to e mail me because you know you will help me very much i wish to play a game and not look at images

• 15 years later...

Wow, this is a blast from the past. I designed the original HappyCart with a friend of mine back in 1998, and did a refreshed version by myself in 1999. Only a couple of the latter versions exist out in the wild, but I still have a bunch of blank PC boards. I don't even have a populated one in my possession anymore.

The old website is down but I still have it archived here: http://gweep.net/~prefect/eng/happycart... and the email in question is on this page http://gweep.net/~prefect/eng/happycart/faq.html

I released the hardware design several years back - it's on GitHub. Link via http://www.tangentaudio.com/electronics/happycart/

Holy necro bump batman! That's pretty awesome you designed these all those years ago. How did you find this after all these years? I know, the search button. Welcome to (back to?) AtariAge...

You got it - I just randomly searched to see if there were any hits, and that was the only one. I used to get a ton of random emails about that project back in the day, so people were aware of it by name at least. I wish I had pushed on with the project and actually produced some units for people, but real life and other projects got in the way of that.

As far as I know the only person who has one that I do not know personally is Chad Schell, the guy who designed the CuttleCart (aka SuperDuperCharger) around the same time period. I believe I helped him when he was just learning VHDL code to make his cart. He sent me a Cuttle Cart as a "thank you" for the help and I sent him a HappyCart (it may just have been a PCB with parts, I can't recall). Come to think of it, I never even fired up that Cuttle Cart - it would be fun to unearth it and try it out!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuttle_Cart