IGNORED

#$*$ing games and controller.

SkyJinxer

I just got my 2600 back from strorage...well my Coleco adapter at least. And I am sad to report a few casualties:

Zaxxon: Snapped in half.

MR Do.: MIA.

My Gemsticks :All busted (I now need to buy some new controllers)

At least I can play the Kaboom cart I just got.

Question: Does anyone have the wireless controllers for the 2600? Do they respond well?

Zaxxon is still playable. just open up the dust cover, insert the chip itself in, and play.

I have em, never tried them though.

848248[/snapback]

Mm...I should have been more clear. The chip itself is snapped. I lost the casing a bit ago and somehow my cousin managed to break the chip. I am not to sure how he did it.

Edited by SkyJinxer

I just got my 2600 back from strorage...well my Coleco adapter at least. And I am sad to report a few casualties:

Question: Does anyone have the wireless controllers for the 2600? Do they respond well?

848242[/snapback]

I've got to ask... <being silly here> Where on earth did you store these? The gorilla cage at the local zoo? lol. I can't say much about the wireless though as I only have the base, no controllers for it. Sorry bout the broken and missing items though, that definately does suck.

I have used the wireless controllers. They are not that bad. Maybe a bit clunky to hold. The range was a little disappointing though, only a few meters. I once tried them in our local club, playing RS Volleybal projected 8x6 meters by a beamer on the wall while me and a few friends (suddenly i had much more friends then i thought) we were standing on the dance-floor with the joysticks. It all worked flawlessy, but we had to stand pretty close to the receiver...

I have never played with the wireless controllers, but they always looked like they were too bulky to be comfortable.

848412[/snapback]

Yes its true that the Atari corporation controller was very big, but there are other wireless controllers for the 2600, like the Freedom stick from Camerica, the wireless remote controllers from RGA International and the Controller, model number QS-127 from QuickShot, these have nicer shapes than the Atari model and have better range.

If you would like to see what these look like, then go to the Atari merchandise, controller section of www.gamerzuniverse.net

:ponder: :ponder: :)

I've got to ask... <being silly here> Where on earth did you store these? The gorilla cage at the local zoo? lol.

848289[/snapback]

That's what I'm wondering.... I'm reading this, and it's like, "My 2600's got bullet holes in it, several of my carts were on fire, and my joysticks were submerged in radioactive slime."

:D

-Bry

Sounds like your stuff was stored by my dad. He's notorious for storing things under weights, backing cars over stuff...

That's what I'm wondering.... I'm reading this, and it's like, "My 2600's got bullet holes in it, several of my carts were on fire, and my joysticks were submerged in radioactive slime."

Too funny..

Well, MY system was buried in the backyard. I had to pick gophers and slugs out of it. The cartrige slot was replaced with an ant colony. My carts were used to build a retaining wall at the dump, so I have to lug my atari to THE CITY DUMP (with ten miles of extension cords) and plug it into my games. Sometimes ninja commandos attack and I have to fend them off as well. I ran out of food and had to eat my controllers. I manipulate the controller prongs on the 2600 with my tongue... :cool: