IGNORED

Did Microsurgeon scare anyone else?

When I was a kid...that body in the game made me too scared to sleep for 3 days! I think it was the way the eyes looked and how the collors blended together. I could not play this game again untill recently because of that.

Y'know, I used to like this game, but found it intolerably slow the last time I played it. Everything's so sluggish... and that's on an Intellivision emulator, without the system's infamous control dial! There's a good game in there somewhere... it's just hobbled by its achingly slooooooooow gameplay. Sure wish someone would have made a 16-bit version of Microsurgeon... it would have ROCKED on the Genesis or Super NES.

JR

Y'know, I used to like this game, but found it intolerably slow the last time I played it.  Everything's so sluggish... and that's on an Intellivision emulator, without the system's infamous control dial!  There's a good game in there somewhere... it's just hobbled by its achingly slooooooooow gameplay.  Sure wish someone would have made a 16-bit version of Microsurgeon... it would have ROCKED on the Genesis or Super NES.

JR

849468[/snapback]

I have it on the 99/4a. It didn't seem particularly slow to me.

Heck, I could never hit viruses because by the time I changed weapons they were gone.

But yah, an updated version would've been awesome.

(nitpicky bastage wants to point out that the INTV and 4a were both 16-bit machines)

Edited by JB

I was about to say the same thing, that the TI-99/4A was a 16-bit computer.

It's been a while since I've read the history of the machine on the Blue Sky Rangers web site, but wasn't the Intellivision's processor 10-bit?

I was about to say the same thing, that the TI-99/4A was a 16-bit computer.

It's been a while since I've read the history of the machine on the Blue Sky Rangers web site, but wasn't the Intellivision's processor 10-bit?

849729[/snapback]

I think it was supposed to be 16-bit, but with 10-bit instructions.

Something weird, anyways.

Edited by JB

I was never really disturbed by the patients (ok, maybe a little) in the game, but it's one of my favorite 4a/99 games. It's even better with the speech synthesizer. The patients I can never save are the ones who are practically dead from the moment you start, where EVERYTHING is at critical and so if you try and save the brain something else craps out so you're hosed. Even still, it's a fun game. In fact, I think I'll go play it when I get home. :)

Buy me that game and I will be yours forever.

((Hey Stimpy I've hacked this profile too!))

I loved that game. As a kid my friend Kurt, his brother (who just became an actual surgeon) and I would play it and sing a song about it. We'd spaz out and drive our mothers crazy with my screeching UBER loud rendition of 'Microsurgeon'. I don't think I ever had that game in my possession, but Kurt did. His father was an ophthalmologist (I still can't spell that word) after all so the eye wasn't quite so anxiety-producing. My favorites were the white pills!

I was always looking for the penis, there never was one. To this day I still can't get enough penis. If anyone wants to offer any I am welfareteen on AIM. Stimpy!

-Number Girl

When I was a kid...that body in the game made me too scared to sleep for 3 days! I think it was the way the eyes looked and how the collors blended together. I could not play this game again untill recently because of that.

848753[/snapback]