IGNORED

Frogger, first playable demo

Schmutzpuppe

I burned the lastest .bin and plugged it into a modded Centipede board with a socket and it plays really nice. The only issue I saw was sound lagging. Really nice looking graphics. It would be great if this was finished and sold in AA store. When I get a ballblazer donor I will try the .bin in it and see if I get Pokey sound.

I burned the lastest .bin and plugged it into a modded Centipede board with a socket and it plays really nice. The only issue I saw was sound lagging. Really nice looking graphics. It would be great if this was finished and sold in AA store. When I get a ballblazer donor I will try the .bin in it and see if I get Pokey sound.

Real nice sound with EPROM inserted into Ballblazer.

• 3 months later...

Hate to jump in a necro-thread, but Frogger was one of my favorite classic arcade games. Has there been any news at all on this front, or is the game abandoned?

I would say more like completed than abandoned.

I have played this on my CC2 and it is good. I guess you can get a Custom Atari 7800 Cartridge made or wait for the H2 to come out and get one and play.

I would let Schmutzpuppe (the creator) or an AA person answer but I think he released the ROM for us to enjoy. I would try it out first in an emulator to see if you really like it. (the .A78 file is for an emulator and the .BIN file is for CC2 or H2).

And as always, and I think this is just me but with remakes of old video games, I rather play the original in MAME on my computer. (True I did create an arcade panel that makes it more fun.)

Froggie isn't abandoned just suspended (for quite a while now I have to admit).

It's just lack of time that holds me back from finishing it.

Actually the game is quite finished, the latest (not released) version has HSC support and additional sfx which was important to me.

I started to add a second game mode with different car/log pattern but maybe I should just drop that when I resume to work on it to speed up the final release.

• Like 5

Froggie isn't abandoned just suspended (for quite a while now I have to admit).

It's just lack of time that holds me back from finishing it.

Actually the game is quite finished, the latest (not released) version has HSC support and additional sfx which was important to me.

I started to add a second game mode with different car/log pattern but maybe I should just drop that when I resume to work on it to speed up the final release.

Great to hear! At least we know it's a matter of time. :)

• 7 months later...

Ok, thanks for your patience folks, finally here is the finished game.

My very special thanks goes to gambler172 and Trebor for intensive testing and great feedback.

Happy Cuttle Cart owner should use banking file 78HSCPOK and startup file HSC so that means the game supports HSC (even on PAL).

The two a78 files in the archive are basically the same except the different region settings in the a78 header. The game itself is multiregion.

When using Prosystem emulator the Pokey music is a bit noisy by using PAL and it’s totally broken when using TIA music but it runs fine on the real device.

With switch P1 you can select the difficulty (number of lives) but only once per startup/’boot’.

You have different highscore tables for the two modes but only with HSC there is no table without.

The game should autodetect XM/XBOARD (untested).

I hope you will enjoy the game, have fun.

froggie_final.zip

• Like 11