IGNORED

Frogger, first playable demo

Schmutzpuppe

It looks fantastic on a real 7800! I can't wait to see more.

Allan

848844[/snapback]

On my TV (NTSC), the bottom line with the score is half cut off.

The top I have a few blank lines, and then it probably doesn't matter if one were to loose a little bit of the green, so maybe the screen could be moved up 6 to 8 pixels?

I am going under the assumption most tv's are pretty consistant at cutting off the top and the bottom though. Looks really good. I almost considered frogger (or tetris) as my April fools joke vs. Q*bert.

--Ken

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The top I have a few blank lines, and then it probably doesn't matter if one were to loose a little bit of the green, so maybe the screen could be moved up 6 to 8 pixels?

I am going under the assumption most tv's are pretty consistant at cutting off the top and the bottom though.  Looks really good.  I almost considered frogger (or tetris) as my April fools joke vs. Q*bert.

--Ken

848888[/snapback]

I will cut some lines at the top in the next version.

Now I know your next year April fools joke Ken, only one left ;)

I got mine to work in MESS. Cool demo, played really well despite being an early build, I noticed some faults with the collision detection, but I'm sure that will be fixed. Keep up the great work!

848996[/snapback]

I also noticed that the collision detection isn't perfect, I will improve it.

Frickin' sweet! I love that the 7800 is FINALLY getting these arcade ports it should have had back in the day! Awesome job!  :thumbsup:  :lust:

Edit: I've offically wasted no time in getting the screenshot posted on the 7800 arcade comparisons page.  :D

848999[/snapback]

:D

I develop frogger on a pal system so the colors on ntsc devices are not optimal.

I think future frogger version will have a separate palette for NTSC.

Btw. do you guys think a two player mode will really give a benefit?

849087[/snapback]

I think a simultaneous two player mode would be excellent. Whenever a frog reaches the goal area (whatever its called), it could be colored to indicate whose frog it was. Alternating two player wouldn't matter a lot to me.

I think a simultaneous two player mode would be excellent.  Whenever a frog reaches the goal area (whatever its called), it could be colored to indicate whose frog it was.  Alternating two player wouldn't matter a lot to me.

849110[/snapback]

I second that idea! There are 5 "homes." Whoever gets three out of five wins the round!

:cool:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I am going under the assumption most tv's are pretty consistant at cutting off the top and the bottom though.  Looks really good.  I almost considered frogger (or tetris) as my April fools joke vs. Q*bert.

--Ken

848888[/snapback]

I will cut some lines at the top in the next version.

Now I know your next year April fools joke Ken, only one left ;)

I got mine to work in MESS. Cool demo, played really well despite being an early build, I noticed some faults with the collision detection, but I'm sure that will be fixed. Keep up the great work!

848996[/snapback]

I also noticed that the collision detection isn't perfect, I will improve it.

Frickin' sweet! I love that the 7800 is FINALLY getting these arcade ports it should have had back in the day! Awesome job!  :thumbsup:  :lust:

Edit: I've offically wasted no time in getting the screenshot posted on the 7800 arcade comparisons page.  :D

848999[/snapback]

:D

I develop frogger on a pal system so the colors on ntsc devices are not optimal.

I think future frogger version will have a separate palette for NTSC.

849087[/snapback]

Hallo Schmutzpuppe

sieht ja toll aus.Weiter so.

Gruss Gambler172

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Thats great!!! I can't wait to see the final product, man ya gotta love the 7800 :-)

Curt

Well, here is a first demo of frogger.

Only one “level”, no scoring, no timer, no sound and some elements are still missing but it’s playable.

848780[/snapback]