IGNORED

Frogger, first playable demo

Schmutzpuppe

Anyone got this running on an NTSC 7800 with a Cuttle Cart?

849417[/snapback]

Use 7800_48K and 78QUICK. You have to use 78QUICK because the bin file doesn't have the authentication signature, though the A78 does.

Mitch

Any plans on releasing this to cartridge format?

849427[/snapback]

Not yet.

I attached a new version; it would be nice if anybody could check if the status text at the bottom is visible now on NTSC.

I also added scoring, timer and changed the collision detection a bit.

frogger.zip

Edited by Schmutzpuppe

849427[/snapback]

Not yet.

I attached a new version; it would be nice if anybody could check if the status text at the bottom is visible now on NTSC.

850113[/snapback]

On my tv I tried it on, the bottom score line barely fits with a scan line or two to spare, and the top place you jump into barely fits with a scan line or two of green above it so it looks good. Of course it may vary by tv a lttile. Really cool bug (feature) is that if you jump onto the logs or turtles and keep the joystick pressed up, then you don't move with the logs and stay in place :-).

849427[/snapback]

Not yet.

850113[/snapback]

On my tv I tried it on, the bottom score line barely fits with a scan line or two to spare, and the top place you jump into barely fits with a scan line or two of green above it so it looks good. Of course it may vary by tv a lttile. Really cool bug (feature) is that if you jump onto the logs or turtles and keep the joystick pressed up, then you don't move with the logs and stay in place :-).

850161[/snapback]

Thanks for testing Ken.

I removed the feature ;)

MY Cuttle Cart 2 is arriving tomorrow, according to Fedex. So could one of you guys post the proper entry line for this frogger beta for the CC2's menu files?

Also if you could post them for the Q-Bert demo that would be great.

Thanks fella.

So far in MESS this looks fantastic, schmutpuppe. Real quality. I'm dying for it to have sound. :D

MY Cuttle Cart 2 is arriving tomorrow, according to Fedex. So could one of you guys post the proper entry line for this frogger beta for the CC2's menu files?

Also if you could post them for the Q-Bert demo that would be great.

Thanks fella.

So far in MESS this looks fantastic, schmutpuppe. Real quality. I'm dying for it to have sound.  :D

850380[/snapback]

As it happens, earlier in this thread I said:

Use 7800_48K and 78QUICK. You have to use 78QUICK because the bin file doesn't have the authentication signature, though the A78 does.

849548[/snapback]

:)

Q*Bert uses 7800_32K and 78BIOS.

Mitch

I haven't tried Frogger on my PAL 7800 yet just MESS. PAL setup caused the home boxes at the top to be off screen, whilst it was all on screen with NTSC. Will this be repeated when trying the game with my CC2?

Still, I'll give the new demo a whirl over the weekend...

This is a fantastic demo. Looks terrific! You did a great job and I can't wait to see the final product.

Qbert, Space War, Tubes, Beef Drop ...

what a great time to be a 7800 fan.

850474[/snapback]

Somebody needs to port Popeye over. That way the 7800 can have the Parker Brothers Trilogy.

(Yes, I know, they made more games, but those three were their cash cows, and they ported them to just about everything.)

Somebody needs to port Popeye over.  That way the 7800 can have the Parker Brothers Trilogy.

(Yes, I know, they made more games, but those three were their cash cows, and they ported them to just about everything.)

850694[/snapback]

And there is an existing version for the 5200/800, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Edited by Danno