IGNORED

Frogger, first playable demo

Schmutzpuppe

There was once a pretty good homebrew rendition of Frogger for NES on RetroUSB for a while, with bonus two player mode. It only had 5 levels but got pretty hard towards the end. Pity they discontinued it... :sad:

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=74

Also fun fact, Frogger saw simultaneous release on SNES and Genesis in 1998, the last licensed title for both systems.

But yes, I would definitely like to play this title on 7800.

How about a special extra 100 point bonus when you have miss froggie AND get the fly?

I am not aware of any extra bonus in the arcade version when catching both.
IMHO it's just 200 for the lady frog and 200 for the fly.
I implemented the scoring like mentioned here: http://www.classicgaming.cc/classics/frogger/about.php

I am not aware of any extra bonus in the arcade version when catching both.
IMHO it's just 200 for the lady frog and 200 for the fly.
I implemented the scoring like mentioned here: http://www.classicgaming.cc/classics/frogger/about.php

Yes, I know the arcade only had 200 points each, but I always felt that you should get more points for doing both!

• 3 weeks later...

Is this available now, I see it on ebay.

This doesn't have the perfect music from the Pokey chip.

I can tolerate the kiddie tunes, but on the TIA chip the sour notes annoy me.

(The 2600 Supercharger's Frogger didn't have sour notes, but Froggie has better gameplay and graphics.)

Most of us are waiting for the Pokey sound chip version.

• Like 2

This is an unauthorized bootleg copy of the game, please do not purchase it from this seller.

..Al

The only Frogger I saw on eBay (non-2600 version) was just a homebrew box, no game.

Albert, my understanding is several 7800 games are being withheld while waiting on the Hokey chips to become available, right?

Unfortunately the copyright claim on this is probably dubious and eBay will not care, but I tried to help you out and reported it myself also.

I disagree. The game code itself is an original work written by the game's author, who retains the copyright on the game and can control how it is distributed.

..Al

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Forgive me if this have been discussed already but does the AA version use Hokey/Pokey soundchip? I know Circus and Bentley have it.

There are TIA and POKEY versions of the game. I will be demoing a POKEY version at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. Does sound better than the TIA version, but that will not come as a surprise to anyone.

..Al

• Like 2