IGNORED

I love my Tac-2

SkyJinxer

Big Love for the Tac-2. I miss mine. It finally cracked under all the pressure of the High Score Club a few months back, I've yet to replace it, although Blackjack hooked me up with a sweet NIB Gemstick that has been a suitable replacement.

Tac-2 and Slik Stik are the way to go!

This is my fav too.. can you believe I've had my TAC-2 since 89 and it still looks and

works 100%? It made it thru the last couple years of my XE and some seriously hard

Amiga gaming... now it is used on my 2600 and soon Flashback v2.

IMO this is the best Joystick ever.

Big Love for the Tac-2.  I miss mine.  It finally cracked under all the pressure of the High Score Club a few months back, I've yet to replace it, although Blackjack hooked me up with a sweet NIB Gemstick that has been a suitable replacement.

Tac-2 and Slik Stik are the way to go!

849056[/snapback]

Here you go, stan my man!!

:D :D :D

post-88-1115240005_thumb.jpg

Tac 2 is the best, for sure! I use it for my Atari's and Colecovision. On the CV you sometimes have to use the original controller, like on Mouse Trap, and the 2nd controller has to be used for game level selection. When I got back into vintage games, I gave up on the orginal Atari controllers after using them once or twice. The Tac 2 just feels 100 times better and is so much smoother, in my opinion.

I like using a heavy sixer cx40, take off the boot (I have like 6 of these, so no problems there), and cut the plastic down halfway. Then I can use my thumb. Works wonders!

I'll find out how my tac-2 feels when I get it this week ;)

Other than the 2 fire buttons, are there any differences between the Tac-2 and the Slik Stik? I'd like to get one, but I want to know the differences first.

850911[/snapback]

yeah, slik stik is tiny, and I mean tiny. Tac-2 is small, but sturdy and solidly built, but bigger than the slik stik. The slik stik also has almost zero play in its action, its a tight stick, the Tac-2 is much looser.

Other than the 2 fire buttons, are there any differences between the Tac-2 and the Slik Stik? I'd like to get one, but I want to know the differences first.

850911[/snapback]

yeah, slik stik is tiny, and I mean tiny. Tac-2 is small, but sturdy and solidly built, but bigger than the slik stik. The slik stik also has almost zero play in its action, its a tight stick, the Tac-2 is much looser.

850991[/snapback]

Thanks! Looks like I need a Tac-2.

They are great, here is a scan of my boxed one.

:D  :D  :D

848865[/snapback]

Hey Ataripitbull,

I noticed that the boxes for your Tac-2 and Slik Stick look way different than the boxed ones I have. What's the date on your boxes?

Thanks!

851017[/snapback]

Sorry, I looked my 2 boxes over 2 times, the controllers and the manuals that show all the Suncom controllers and I don't see a date on them any place.

:sad: :ponder: :?

I like using a heavy sixer cx40, take off the boot (I have like 6 of these, so no problems there), and cut the plastic down halfway. Then I can use my thumb. Works wonders!

850978[/snapback]

It feels great, but the fire buttons are flaky. Gonna hafta fix that, MY way ;)

850978[/snapback]

It feels great, but the fire buttons are flaky. Gonna hafta fix that, MY way ;)

852384[/snapback]

Got it working. It had corrosion (!!!!!) on the washer that made the contact. Scrubbed it with sandpaper, along with all the metal inside, which apparently had some type of corrosion. I wonder if the metal oxidizes like the NES cartridge connectors do :ponder:

Either way, sanded all the metal, works perfectly. Very nice handling stick, a bit to get used to though.

My favorite however is still my CX-40 with the boot off and the plastic cut a little more than halfway down, then sanded smooth. Perfect for controlling with your thumb!

I love my Tac2 also. I got my first one in a lot of games I bought off ebay. It is currently the only joystick I use. I love the feel and response it gives you. My only complaint is that my hands tend to get a little sore after a while, but I guess that goes for most 2600 joysticks.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, because of this thread, I got 2 Tac-2's off of Ebay for $30. At first I wondered if I had paid too much, but when I finally got them, I knew I got a bargain! They look like new, and after I tweaked one of them, (cleaned the contacts inside) they both work great! Far superior to the CX40's. Much lower chance of getting carpal tunnel with 'em. Thanks guys for making a great recommendation!

Funny - I found a Tac 2 in the Sally Army about a month ago for 99c. Brought it home and didn't use it at all. Now after reading this thread I'll have to plug it into my Stelladaptor and see if I can improve my score on No Escape!

I have two Slik Stiks, but I have to say that I can't use them at all - way too small and fiddly for me.

Well I tackled a few games yesterday with the Tac-2 and its too big for my liking. The Slik-Stik is perfect for me. I need to put a small ball on top of my cut down CX-40, that would be the best.

EDIT: If you want I can take a pic of my cut down cx-40 and post it here...

Edited by keilbaca