IGNORED

Tunnel Runner

DominiRican05

Yea, I was thinking more along the lines of a Doom type game, which I feel Tunnel Runner is closer to than Night Driver or Pole Position for instance. Since Tunnel Runner just like Doom technically places you within the game, I feel it's more first person than the over the shoulder type. But I know it's a technicality. Anyways, I was just impressed by the VCS. :cool:

Since ol' joey hasn't been on in a couple days, figured I'd help him out (let me know if you need me to re-send that article):

If I remember correctly it goes to like #127 and then just repeats that level.

849302[/snapback]

Nope, the game crashes...it's level 127 or 121, I can't remember which (and I'm being too lazy to look it up :P).

I think he was able to get to that level.

849302[/snapback]

Yeah, but on an emulator; the highest I ever got back in the day was the Runs in the early 100s, like 105-108 or somewhere around there. I still have my notes to it and all, as I want to do it "for real" one day, but T. Runner is currently THE only 2600 game I have that doesn't work (figures! :x). I tried to get it to work once or twice, but couldn't...need to dig up and go through that regiment of using the pencil eraser, the sandpaper, and/or the q-tip, I forget what all is supposedly a sure-fire way to get all so-called "dead" cartridges back to working like 90-99% of the time.

One of the old school AAers(and one I wish would hang around more often) named Witchfynde once sent me an article he wrote abut TR where he explained all about the various levels and what changes from level to level.

849302[/snapback]

That'd go something like this:

*the game starts off with two Zot Monsters, two more get added after a few levels

*you start off slow, then speed up

*the map stops showing the Zot Monsters at times

*the map stops showing the maze at times

*the map stops showing YOU at times (these are real fun!)

*the map stops showing the key at times (ditto)

*really late in the game, you get these mazes that are so (*#! dark you can't tell what door you're about to enter, if it's a single-, double-up, or down door (I hate most of these)

And to NE146 (hi, by the way): go through a few levels of the game before you dismiss it; you start off real slow, but after a few Runs, you start moving faster and all. Let us know what you think of it!

Edited by Witchfynde

It takes you two battalions of troops to clean a cartridge's contacts? 

:lol: :lol:

AteeeenSHUN! Hold that Q-Tip at the ready position, maggot! Preeeeesent alcohol solution! Move it, we ain't payin' by the hour! :D

need to dig up and go through that regiment of using the pencil eraser, the sandpaper, and/or the q-tip

It takes you two battalions of troops to clean a cartridge's contacts? :ponder:

850726[/snapback]

Hello, that's why I said I need to dig it up and see what it is exactly I need to do: I had heard if just a simple cleaning of the q-tip doesn't work, doing it in a certain order usually does it for good, but I don't recall exactly what it is, if it's using the sandpaper, q-tip, eraser, or eraser, sandpaper, then q-tip, whatever.

Supposedly, if you do it in a certain order, and the cartridge still doesn't work, then it's DOA.