IGNORED

My newest game is finally out!

_Fandal_

I don't know if you agree but I think our A8 community needs really strongly new games and that's the reason why I'm trying to prepare one "serious" game each year. My latest piece of work called Cubico was officially released at Atariada on Saturday and I hope you'll enjoy it!

I can't forget to send really HUGE thanx a gretz to Emkay and Raster who helped me a lot with creating Cubico. Thank you guys!!

And BTW: there were THREE brand-new games presented at Atariada so stay tuned!

F.

• Like 2

It is almost exactly like the "JT's Blocks" java game on Yahoo Games. Only in that version you get points for clearing blocks (the more blocks cleared in one move, the more points for each block), and if you don't have enough points by the end of the level, your game is over. There is also random mix blocks that mix up all the blocks that are touching it.

Fun game though, and very polished.

i like this game anyway (there's a nice implementation for the C64 in the form of Cascade and i'm doing something similar myself) so it's really nice to see an implementation on the Atari - the only down side is that it's a bit bland graphically during the game, it's a shame all the presentation graphics seem to stop at the titles screens and an ingame music option would've been nice too. But small gripes aside, s'very playable and rather addictive with it. =-)

• 2 weeks later...
Very cool!  I usually dont like games that require thought beyond...

"Oh!!!  Shoot that damn thing!!!"

But this game is cool.  Am I retarded, or is it pretty fricking difficult to clear even one screen?

851814[/snapback]

LOL you must be i am slow but did it first time in 3:13

Very cool!  I usually dont like games that require thought beyond...

"Oh!!!  Shoot that damn thing!!!"

But this game is cool.  Am I retarded, or is it pretty fricking difficult to clear even one screen?

851814[/snapback]

LOL you must be i am slow but did it first time in 3:13

856884[/snapback]

I'm really glad you like my game guys!

BTW, there were Cubico and River Raid compos during Atariada and here you can find official results... :)

F.

• 9 years later...

Curse you makers of Cubico...played it for HOURS yesterday and got up early to play it today (dreamt of those damed cubes last night). Great game, clean graphics, well implemented. Give me back my TIME, I've got things to do but I keep coming back to this... ;)

• Like 3