IGNORED

Official XBOX 360 Information!

Well here it is, early even. A Danish magazine leaked the info earlier today. Got to the news. Its over at XBOX Scene if you want the details and the magazine scans. Be sure to check out the Ghost Recon 3 screen shots... :D

First info for you guys:

*It will be released in europe 7-10 days after USA-release

*December release in Japan

*Its released in less than six months

*Release games: Perfect Dark Zero, PGR3 and Kameo. Check at the end of this post.

Oh you guys... the controllers look PERFECT! And so does the console!

More info:

*10-16 game titles at the release. 40 games after half a year.

*The Xbox Live Silver thingy is correct, it will be there, and those features will be free. "Free weekends" and such.

*You will be able to transfer stuff from an ipod. Mentioned more later.

*You will see TV thru your Xbox. Mentioned more later, check under.

*You can have it placed on "standing position" and just have it straight down.

*When you watch DVD, some stuff in the console will automaticly shut down - so its more quiet. Like one of the fans.

*You load the batteries on the controllers up via USB-cable on Xbox.

*The round thingy on the controller = "The ring of light". Its actually a screen, which says if there are any updates on Xbox Live. Downl. content and such. It also says which controller there is in your hands, the number.

*Rallisport Challenge 3 is rumoured to be on Xbox 360. See under.

*Peter Moore confirms Halo 3. Release earliest next year, according to Nexus.

Allard says:

*There will be face plates, changeable. There will be one in colfiber (+spelling).

*By preventing piracy they will put more money and XBL, making it bigger and better.

Peter Moore says:

(strange) *THIS time we will have more than 1 million users. (Does that mean that there wont be any transfer of the Xbox 1 users? Or that there werent over 1 million on Xbox 1?)

*Nothing new about Square, nothing to be announced @ E3. But he will be surprised if there are NO Square-game on Xbox 360.

Ghost Recon 3:

Okey, first of all. THIS ONE LOOKS HOT. Hot. HOT. HOT. GR 360 oh man you guys.

Oh man.

*Just some info about the story, bla bla. The PC-version is developed by the Deathrow-developers, so that the Red Storm Ent. cant concentrate on the Xb 360 and Xbox-version.

________

More:

*Xbox 360 looks just like the leaked pictures. Its not grey like on Our Colony, its white. But it can be changed.

*The controller seems to have 2 rear buttons and 2 triggers, not sure.

*A, B, X, Y, Back, Start.

*There is a picture of THE "Burning Sky". Seems like you can shut down the Xbox via the controller, by pushing "X" in that screen.

*The Xbox itself has wireless network thingy installed. See below.

*Webcam in 1280-resolution. See below.

*You can put pictures from a digital camera in it. See below.

*Morrowind Oblivion will be released this year.

*About NBA 2k6, they saw a demo of it.

"Lebron James jumped up, and when he touched the grand all of the body shook. All the muscles moved realistic, EVERYTHING on the body."

*Nothing special about PGR3. See below.

*Dimitri, Peter Molyneux latest game, COULD be released on Xbox 360.

*Call Of Duty 2 on Xbox 360, as we already knew.

*The Ghost Recon 3-article is actually written by this TXB-dude who went to Big Blue Box to play Fable, Nexus1000.

*Something Microsoft Vision will be on Xbox 360. You will see normal TV-channels via your Xbox. AND at the same time Play DVDs AND surf on the internet. At the same time, it seems like.

While all this is on you can get invites to games, friend requests, mail. MS is hoping that 50% of the 360-owners will use Live. Right now, ~8% uses it.

*In the middle of a game, by pushing a button you will get directly to the dashboard.

Oh, and finally and most important: J Allards game of the Xbox 360 is "Fisher Price Nuclear Plant". (edit: which wasnt true, see later in the thread)

Oh, and of course: Thousand thanks to the magnificant (+spelling) danish magazine Gamereactor which I took the info from. They rock, and so does Nexus1000. Mostly because he is pretty. And he has Britney as an avatar. In black hair.

The final specs, I guess its OK now cause some of it has already been posted without TXB-guys deleting:

CPU:

3 x IBM Power PC 3.2 ghz

Graphics:

Specially build ATI 500 mhz

10 mb of embedded RAM

512 mb GDDR3 RAM

Polygon capacity:

500 mill/sec

Shade capacity:

48 billions shaderoperations/sec

Harddrive: 20 gb, can be upgraded

12x Dual Layer DVD

Memory Card, 64 mb+

3 USB-ports, 1 back 2 front

2 some kind of ports, dont know what it means

Ethernet-port

Preparded for Wi-fi 802.11

Prepared for webcamera (1280 resolution)

DVD-laser:

DVD-video, DVD-rom, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, Mp3 CD, JPEG Photo-CD

Streaming:

From Windows XP PC, pics and movies from digital camera which you then cand send via Xbox Live to others.

ALL, read ALL games support:

16:9, 720p, 1080i, 5.1 Dolby Digital, custom soundtracks.

Games:

Dimitri - Rumour

Gears of War - Confirmed, best looking title on Xbox 360 right now

PGR3 - Confirmed, release title

NBA 2k6 - Confirmed

Halo 3 - Confirmed

Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion - Confirmed for 2005 release

The Godfather - Confirmed

The Darkness (Starbreeze) - Confirmed

Call of Duty 2 - Confirmed. Much info @ E3

Rallisport Challenge 3 - Rumour

Test Drive: Unlimited - Confirmed

Kameo - Confirmed, release title

Perfect Dark Zero - Confirmed, release title

Any Playstation fan: Only 40 games after six months. Ha. I'll have that many for my PS3 by breakfast the day after launch.

Me: Wow. Perfect Dark Zero. Some free live stuff. Ipod stuff? Are Microsoft and Mac that friendly now? I don't follow the computer scene at all.

I may have to make a rather large purchase in six months.

*sighs*

For a next gen console and all its glory, its underpowered.

We all know for better graphics, you need a better video card.

This has only one.

My upcoming computer will be SLI, and have 2 6800 NU's.

My computer > Xbox 360.

Sorry folks, but I do all my free online gaming on my comp, along with webcam, ipod, and all the such.

Just a poor man's computer, this has turned out to be.

And one final thing. ONLY WIRELESS CONTROLLERS! :mad:

That's my opinion though.

Edited by keilbaca

854180[/snapback]

Yeah, that anoys me. It is like they are saying, "We hate you and want you to have another hassle". Still, as Jeepnut has pointed out before, that will probably be the plan for the next generation in general.

I don't care if it is a poor mans computer, it is a poor mans computer that doesn't have to be upgraded every year and that will force software designers to work with it, just like every other game system. I mean, the xbox is currently a really old computer, but I was still impressed as hell with Halo 2.

Ah, what would an article be without blatant BS?

"ALL, read ALL games support:

16:9, 720p, 1080i, 5.1 Dolby Digital, custom soundtracks."

I'd believe the first 2, what with DTV replacing NTSC in a year.

3 and 4, maybe.

But there's no way in hell that everyone's gonna support the fifth.

*sighs*

For a next gen console and all its glory, its underpowered.

We all know for better graphics, you need a better video card.

This has only one.

My upcoming computer will be SLI, and have 2 6800 NU's.

My computer > Xbox 360.

Sorry folks, but I do all my free online gaming on my comp, along with webcam, ipod, and all the such.

Just a poor man's computer, this has turned out to be.

854180[/snapback]

Well to be fair, Top End $2000+ computer > ANY CONSOLE. Not everyone likes PC gaming, Scratch that, not everyone can AFFORD pc gaming. I'm not poor but I can't afford to keep pouring $$$ into my computer just so I can play some games. And I don't see people using the xbox 360's iPod sync , web-cam, internet, etc, as thier main source for any of these utilities. To me these features are not going to sell the sytem they are just like DVD plyers on this gen consoles, a nice little extra feature. And hey if your can let your kid use it as a low-end computer seems like a good deal. Now don't get me wrong I'm not excited about next gen consoles (I think they could hold off a fews years IMHO) But I think you stacking it up against unfair opposition. :)

-Tim

regardless its going to be a great system - all sony fans will say it sux and it'll be a crappy system - when the truth is, is that most will say that just because they are sony fans - or just hate ms in general - its pretty stupid to think something sux when you dont give it a try, and when you just hate the company.

I think it's going to do great, but time will tell and ill have to see for myself when it comes out to pass any judgement.

as for pc gaming vs console gaming - i too will not shell out hundreds and thousands of dollars each year on brand new video cards and super upgrades ot mycomputer to have to play the next game that gets released on pc - console gaming is close enough to a game on pc and thats all that matters -

look at me im going to sell some stuff so i can pay for the new ati card which is 600$! so that in 6 months from now i can sell that card and other shit to buy the next 600$ ati card!

i love pc's and gaming on its coool and all, but i think itsridiculous to have to contantly fork over that much money just to play ONE game (or a few others ;)) but back to the new xbox - everyone knew that console gaming was going to get a PC style more and more The first xbox started it really, and will continue to pave the way

:D

Ah, what would an article be without blatant BS?

"ALL, read ALL games support:

16:9, 720p, 1080i, 5.1 Dolby Digital, custom soundtracks."

I'd believe the first 2, what with DTV replacing NTSC in a year.

3 and 4, maybe.

But there's no way in hell that everyone's gonna support the fifth.

854223[/snapback]

That would be MS enforcing it. ;) That is the easiest of the 5 to acomplish BTW. ;)

*sighs*

854180[/snapback]

BTW, its has now been confirmed that there will be wired controllers. As I said earlier on. So SHUT UP about there only being wireless controllers.

BTW, Im glad your multi thousand dollar PC is better, the 360 will only be $300-$400. About the price of one of your graphics cards... ;)

The X-Box 360 looks like it'll be underpowered. The PS3 is supposed to be many times more powerful than the XBox 360 and the Nintendo Revolution at the very least will be innovative and differnet enough to be a solid second. I think the X-Box 360 will go the way of the Dreamcast.

that MTV show with the hobbit sucked

854351[/snapback]

I didn't watch it. I decided to wait a couple of days and get the information from someone besides Frodo Baggins. Although, I may watch it when they get Hamtaro to do a special about the PS3, or when they get Satan and the Steve Urcle to introduce the Nintendo Revolution. Yep, unrelated stuff talking about unrelated stuff, that's what MTV is all about.

...would look better with an ArmorAll  :ponder:

854460[/snapback]

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Actually my video card costed me $180 from ebay... and its overclocked to just under a 6800 GT. 1 plays counter-strike source in its full glory, along with half life 2, doom 3 ( :lust: :lust: ), Far Cry, and other shooters.

I dunno like the only new games I have been playing are FPS's. Well, mainly CS beacause now I'm in a clan and we're doing TWL tourneys. (TWL is a minor league like CAL, but nowhere near the godliness of CPL, the professional league)

Thats why I sold my xbox, and soon my ps2.

So if anyone wants to take a stab at my ps2 now (comes with swap magic and a slim ps2 ready to use the swap magic disks), pm me. Most of the stuff should be here next week when TMO arrives, once it does I'll put it up in the marketplace.

Edited by keilbaca

The X-Box 360 looks like it'll be underpowered. The PS3 is supposed to be many times more powerful than the XBox 360 and the Nintendo Revolution at the very least will be innovative and differnet enough to be a solid second. I think the X-Box 360 will go the way of the Dreamcast.

854308[/snapback]

:lol:

Well considering the PS3 is not expected for another couple years, lets hope sony manages to keep the lead in the meantime.

I dont think people are gonna fall for the PS hype like they did when the dreamcast failed.

The question is how well will the 360 sell. Personally I think they released it too early. The xbox still has a couple more years life in it.

I didn't watch the video, but I just saw a 5-minute infomercial on IGN/Gamespy about it. No real information there, just a lot of marketing. The specs above look nice, and the media convergence stuff is reasonably cool I suppose, but I still don't know the answers to my few simple questions:

1. How much will it cost?

2. Is it backwards compatible?

3. What will happen to the current XBOX platform?

Maybe these details have been given elsewhere, but I haven't seen them. Makes me wonder if M$ is hiding bad news or something.

Ehhhhh....it sounds Ok. My PC has the same specs but of course consoles are geared towards gaming and graphics.

I'm more interested to see what Nintendo and Sony offer. Especially Nintendo because they are behind.

I'm sure the games will be very much better but who really cares? Its just an upgrade to the current xbox with sequels upon sequels.... I'm sure I'll get one eventually but I'm a bit sick-of-it-all.

Cry for me but I'm firing up my Atari 2600 right now for a game of HERO

:o

Telltale sign the Xbox360 will fail: Jeff Minter has something on it  :P

(yes, that's a tongue in cheek gag to everyone who says he only supports niche or failed formats heh)

http://www.llamasoft.co.uk

Neon, the new VLM software, included as part of the Xbox360's media centre...

854547[/snapback]

:lol:

I guess I'll have to buy it now too... I seem to only support niche and failed formats myself..

Ultimately, I won't be buying any next gen system. The only "good looking" game I play, is CS Source, because I am in a clan with a very good bunch of guys. My Atari 2600 is the most played console that I own. Hell, if hacking an atari to work in my computer, everything internal doesn't say enough of how much atari I play, I don't know what will. I'm selling my ps2, already sold my xbox, and i'm keeping the gamecube because i love the gba player.

Neon, the new VLM software, included as part of the Xbox360's media centre...

854547[/snapback]

Cool. It's about frickin' time that the VLM made it into a widespread system! Guess I'll have to get an Xbox 360 then. :D

(Is it me, or is Minter's website extremely SLOW?)

I'm a bit on the fence with the Xbox 360. It seems like it's setting up like the Dreamcast but unlike Sega, Microsoft has a near endless supply of money to keep it going. It's clear they are just releasing it this year to get a jump on PS2 and I think that's a mistake. Xbox is really starting to gain ground and it's solidly positioned as the 2nd system on the block. I still think Xbox has plenty of life in and no company has successfully supported two consoles for very long.

Edited by dalton4life