IGNORED

My girlfriend or my GameCube

So, my girlfrind has decided she hates my GameCube. We were in EB tonight and she was looking at a bunch of PS2 games and kept saying "can you get that for the GameCube?" And I'd look and say "Nope". Then she'd say "that sucks". Then the whole process repeated 4000 times, so that every game she liked was not on the Cube (in the xbox section she got really upset because she thought Doom 3 looked awesome). She finally said "Why'd you get the stupid gamecube anyway, there's nothing out for it at all" (the same "stupid GameCube" that has provied her with hours of entertainment playing Donkey Kongas I might add). She went up to ask what an Xbox or a PS2 would cost used. When I askd her why, she said "Well, one of us needs to own a good system, so I thought I might save for one of those". So, looks like my GameCube and my girlfriend will never get along again. I'm going to buy the new Link game when it comes out as well as Donkey Kong Jungle Beat in hopes of saving our little 6 year relationship, but if that doesn't work I guess I have to find a new girlfriend. Ah well, if it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be I guess. I certainly can't see us getting around an issue this big.

I am obviously joking. Still, I hope her and her PS2 have a good time together. I'm sure they'll be very happy...in Hell, where all PS2 players go. Yep, God hates GTA: SA and any button labled by a shape instead of a letter.

My girlfriend or my GameCube

I'd take the Gamecube :P

855636[/snapback]

Me too ;)

I sold my xbox and selling my ps2 in the marketplace. I decided to get rid of the crap and get more good stuff (including Donkey Kongas ;))

Gamecrud, thats sooo cool. I havent heard anything that cool since before I had pubes

855608[/snapback]

<Beavis & Butthead laugh>

GamePube

</Beavis & Butthead laugh>

I'd save up for a PS2 or an Xbox. She did do this.......  http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67217

855658[/snapback]

Yeah, she keeps really surprising me with how into my gaming she has gotten. She even made me tag team through Sonic 2 with her (one person does one level, the other does the next). She wanted to beat Metal Sonic because he had always beat her when she was younger. Once I told her the pattern she destroyed him. She kills him quicker than I do because she always hits him when he's doing the charging attack.

Gamecrud, thats sooo cool. I havent heard anything that cool since before I had pubes

855608[/snapback]

<Beavis & Butthead laugh>

GamePube

</Beavis & Butthead laugh>

855691[/snapback]

STUPID LAME CUBE LOL!! :?: :D :twisted: :!:

855858[/snapback]

Here, wrap these around my last post...

<Just being silly, I actually like my GameCube as much as all my other systems. Hey, they're video games. It's all good.>

</Just being silly, I actually like my GameCube as much as all my other systems. Hey, they're video games. It's all good.>

Ahh, much better.

HAHAHA! That'll teach her. We were in EB and ran into one of her friends from work. The friend was there with her brother who was looking for a PSP thing. My girlfriend said "You're lucky, you have a cool new system, we only have the stupid GameCube for new games". The friend said "Cool, GameCube, that is the system we have" Long story short, we are going to visit tommorow and I have been asked to bring my Kongas for some multiplayer. Yep, I now love my girlfriend's choice in friends. I also realize how much of a geek I have become, as I am being asked to bring a bongo drum video game controller over to the house of some people I just met.

HAHAHA!  That'll teach her.  We were in EB and ran into one of her friends from work.  The friend was there with her brother who was looking for a PSP thing.  My girlfriend said "You're lucky, you have a cool new system, we only have the stupid GameCube for new games".  The friend said "Cool, GameCube, that is the system we have"  Long story short, we are going to visit tommorow and I have been asked to bring my Kongas for some multiplayer.  Yep, I now love my girlfriend's choice in friends.  I also realize how much of a geek I have become, as I am being asked to bring a bongo drum video game controller over to the house of some people I just met.

856260[/snapback]

I did that, except it was my boot disks, japanese ddr extreme and my pad :ponder:

So, my girlfrind has decided she hates my GameCube.  We were in EB tonight and she was looking at a bunch of PS2 games and kept saying "can you get that for the GameCube?"  And I'd look and say "Nope".  Then she'd say "that sucks".  Then the whole process repeated 4000 times, so that every game she liked was not on the Cube (in the xbox section she got really upset because she thought Doom 3 looked awesome).  She finally said "Why'd you get the stupid gamecube anyway, there's nothing out for it at all" (the same "stupid GameCube" that has provied her with hours of entertainment playing Donkey Kongas I might add). She went up to ask what an Xbox or a PS2 would cost used.  When I askd her why, she said "Well, one of us needs to own a good system, so I thought I might save for one of those".  So, looks like my GameCube and my girlfriend will never get along again.  I'm going to buy the new Link game when it comes out as well as Donkey Kong Jungle Beat in hopes of saving our little 6 year relationship, but if that doesn't work I guess I have to find a new girlfriend. Ah well, if it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be I guess.  I certainly can't see us getting around an issue this big. 

I am obviously joking.  Still, I hope her and her PS2 have a good time together.  I'm sure they'll be very happy...in Hell, where all PS2 players go. Yep, God hates GTA: SA and any button labled by a shape instead of a letter.

855437[/snapback]

So, will the two of you be an item long enough to be N-Gaged? ;)

Plus, imagine the Game Boy issues if the two of you had kids -- you're the one who would be saying the PSP is too fragile for toddlers, I'm sure! ;)

Edited by 128bytes

Sell a kidney so you can have all three systems

855514[/snapback]

Bah. I can get all 3 from my local pawn shop for $210. $80 each for PS2 & Xbox, $50 for the cube.

I must say tho, I think it's pathetic that used GC's are still going for $50 when you can buy them new for $80.

HAHAHA!  That'll teach her.  We were in EB and ran into one of her friends from work.  The friend was there with her brother who was looking for a PSP thing.  My girlfriend said "You're lucky, you have a cool new system, we only have the stupid GameCube for new games".  The friend said "Cool, GameCube, that is the system we have"  Long story short, we are going to visit tommorow and I have been asked to bring my Kongas for some multiplayer.  Yep, I now love my girlfriend's choice in friends.  I also realize how much of a geek I have become, as I am being asked to bring a bongo drum video game controller over to the house of some people I just met.

856260[/snapback]

Well, I just realized 3 things from my first encounter with some fellow gamers (I don't have any friends I'd call gamers, their all much too artsy fartsy for that). First, I suck ass at Donkey Kongas. Really, I got mopped big time. Second, I need surround sound in my house. Third, I can see why online gaming has become so big. I watched a couple of guys playing Halo 2 online and my envy was visable. Yep, rays of envy radiated off of me. The fact that a part of one game, in one mode could look so fun shocked me. It shocked me almost as much as realizing how good mere mortals could be at Donkey Kongas. I had thought only Gods and mythical dragons would be able to truely best the game. Imagine my surprise at finding that creatures of flesh and blood, no different from those beings who work at a 7-11 could achieve such a strong sense of rythm. It was a night full of surprises.

856260[/snapback]

Well, I just realized 3 things from my first encounter with some fellow gamers (I don't have any friends I'd call gamers, their all much too artsy fartsy for that). First, I suck ass at Donkey Kongas. Really, I got mopped big time. Second, I need surround sound in my house. Third, I can see why online gaming has become so big. I watched a couple of guys playing Halo 2 online and my envy was visable. Yep, rays of envy radiated off of me. The fact that a part of one game, in one mode could look so fun shocked me. It shocked me almost as much as realizing how good mere mortals could be at Donkey Kongas. I had thought only Gods and mythical dragons would be able to truely best the game. Imagine my surprise at finding that creatures of flesh and blood, no different from those beings who work at a 7-11 could achieve such a strong sense of rythm. It was a night full of surprises.

857205[/snapback]

Don't forget folks who has been to japan and play ddr with lightning fast legs :cool:

Second, I need surround sound in my house. 

HELL yes.

Third, I can see why online gaming has become so big.  I watched a couple of guys playing Halo 2 online and my envy was visable. 

How many of them were asking "ASL?" or shouting "U AM LAMER TEH *insert weapon here* IS A N00B GUN!" when they died?

Second, I need surround sound in my house. 

HELL yes.

Third, I can see why online gaming has become so big.  I watched a couple of guys playing Halo 2 online and my envy was visable. 

How many of them were asking "ASL?" or shouting "U AM LAMER TEH *insert weapon here* IS A N00B GUN!" when they died?

857234[/snapback]

No one was using a headset, so I don't know. They said they enjoyed playing without them.

857234[/snapback]

LOL! sounds like half the people who play cs.

LAMER You used the AWP! n00b!!!!!