IGNORED

5200 Game Announcement *NOW SHIPPING*

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...
You need a 4-port to play 4 player. On a 2 port you must select 1 or 2 player (or computer demo).

856074[/snapback]

On the Commodore 64, you could select up to 4 players even with only two joysticks; the other two players would use keyboard for bidding. Since you've got joysticks and buttons, it would seem possible to do the same sort of thing, albeit awkwardly, on M.U.L.E. Especially if the real goal is to have all four "players" cooperate to achieve the best colony score.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Count me in! I used to play this game for hours. PM me when you're ready to ship, and I'll get you the $$.

I would like to know if that is a socketed 512K board?

If not, I'm sure it could be made such.

Nice work on MULE!! Now we need Return of Heracles. Archon is on the 5200 now right?

• 3 weeks later...
The game takes a little while to learn, but is not nearly as complex as modern games.  Instructions:

856008[/snapback]

Can we have this manual in, say, PDF format ?

I thought a manual was coming with the game. :)

I tried to upload here but it won't if anyone wants in pmail me. 2.4MB

Edited by tjlazer

• 2 weeks later...

Can a game like Chiller or Genhis Kahn be translated to the 5200? Just curious so dont make fun of me if no.

PS> is there anything available for NES like that of a cuttle cart or multi cart?

Chiller needs gun support IMO and last I heard Bry wasn't very far along with the gun support thing. Chiller would be better suited for the 7800 I think.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Can a game like Chiller or Genhis Kahn be translated to the 5200? Just curious so dont make fun of me if no.

PS> is there anything available for NES like that of a cuttle cart or multi cart?

Chiller needs gun support IMO and last I heard Bry wasn't very far along with the gun support thing. Chiller would be better suited for the 7800 I think.

Ok so get on it! :!: ;) :D

Yes it would need gun support... I was thinking how good it would look on a 5200 but a 7800 version would do it justice...Seriously, there has to be a good market for that no? Everytime Ive seen one on ebay for NES it is bid on well. A 7800 would be great! Anyone else that would be interested in this post a note, that would help get this made i would guess! Then I need a gun for my 7800 for sure as Ive put that off forever, is it the xe gun I would need? So it is possible then? Maybe? A maybe would do. I'm ecstatic just thinkin about it. :)

Edited by Phantom

Believe me, I want nothing more than to spend my time working on Atari projects, but my job and long overdue home repairs haven't allowed me much free time. If someone (maybe Mark Shuttleworth?!) wanted to set up a giant fund to support classic game coders, then I have about 8 things that need finishing up. :)

-Bry

Believe me, I want nothing more than to spend my time working on Atari projects, but my job and long overdue home repairs haven't allowed me much free time. If someone (maybe Mark Shuttleworth?!) wanted to set up a giant fund to support classic game coders, then I have about 8 things that need finishing up. :)

-Bry

I told you to buy one of those maintenance free condos! :)

Allan

• 11 months later...
Here's what the boards will look like (they will support up to 512K):

This would have been nice to see back in the day. Heck, it would be nice to see now!

Hay, cool ad. Although Atari would have never shown the actual board. They would have just made some spiffy logo like they did on the 7800 'Super' games and shown some of the games that were going to take advantage of it. Hopefully somebody will take advantage of Bryan's boards soon.

Allan

Man, 512K? Were there any Atari 8-bit computer games that even used that much disc space?

So, I'm looking at this project, and I have to ask... is it possible to put RAM on the cartridge in addition to ROM? You know, so that the more advanced XL and XE games could run on an Atari 5200 cartridge. I know there are some other slight differences between the old 5200 architecture and the XE computer line, but they were mostly just the result of hardware optimization.

• 3 years later...

how "heavy" is lode runner on the A8?

I'd love to see a game like Loderunner on the 5200 with a whole bunch of screens.

Allan

855955[/snapback]

I second that one. Lode Runner's one of the best games ever made (and no that NES version doesn't cut it).

CT gathering would be great. Especially now that we've figured out what was going on with 4 player mode in Castle Crisis.

I'm surprised there aren't more replies to this thread yet. :?

855968[/snapback]

Years ago I played Loderunner for weeks until finally I had a nightmare about so I had to stop for a while. I wonder how many screens you could fit on a 512K cart. What would be cool is to have everybody designs screens for it and but them all on the cart. Lodarunner screens are easy to design and a screen editor is included with the disc versions of the game on the Atari computers.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...