IGNORED

The "I Just Finished!" Thread

Right now I am trudging through the extrem dreariness of King Kong on the 360 simply to get achievement points (it gives you 100 points a stage). Once I get the required amount to get a free Contra, I'm quitting it :lol:

You should have went for NBA 2K6 I got 1000 points in like 2 hours.

I guess.. would I have to be any good at it though? I know in King Kong all I did was basically push forward and shoot some things.. and that was generally enough to finish stages :P

And yeah I got to 800 pts (just the final stage to get 200 pts and finish the game), but that was all the points I needed, and I quit it right there :lol: Lordy!

I guess.. would I have to be any good at it though?

Nope. You can adjust all the game settings via sliders in the options menu, making your team flawless superhuman basketball prodigies and the other team a ragtag band of post-lobotomy pygmy marmosets.

Just set the quarters to full length, take control of one player (such as Dirk Nowitski), and play one full game. You'll have all 1,000 points.

Finished Link to the Past on my GBA last night. Awesome game. Loved the new additions like the golden sword that can break objects, kill the electric enemies and take twice as much damage as the tempered sword. Awesome item. Awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I beat Kameo Elements of Power a couple of weeks on on Xbox 360. It was on my to beat list for a while and I feel good I finally got around to doing it. It's not a bad game at all. It's basic platformer/action game fare with the little mix of Zelda and Tomb Raider thrown in there. I didn't get all the archievements and have no intention of doing so, but I at least got 600 points from it.

Edited by dalton4life

Finished Link to the Past on my GBA last night. Awesome game. Loved the new additions like the golden sword that can break objects, kill the electric enemies and take twice as much damage as the tempered sword. Awesome item. Awesome.

Congrats! Thanks for the reminder - I still haven't gotten all the way through Link to the Past - I put it down over a year ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a pretty easy end of semester before my finals so I celebrated by playing video games, something I hadn't spent a significant time doing in awhile...here's the list:

Zelda Twilight Princess Wii

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz Wii

Bomberman GB for GB

Yoshi's Island 2 DS

Super Mario Bros NES (Wii VC)

Super Mario World SNES (Wii VC)

Recently conquered: Legend Of Zelda:Majora's Mask (although, I want to go back through and do it WITHOUT the Fierce Deity mask), Conker's Bad Fur Day, Zelda II:The Adventures Of Link and finished (everything is 100%,all titles, all hidden wrestlers, all store items bought) WWF No Mercy AGAIN (my cart memory got wiped out)

I finished Okami this week, next on the list is Resident Evil Zero, one of many many RPGs (haven't decided yet), and some sort of a platformer (also haven't decided yet). I have too many games to choose from!

Other games I've finished recently:

Rocket Slime

Jak II and III (second time through

Ratchet and Clank (Second time through)

• 2 weeks later...

Eragon 100% done.

The game wasn't as wretched as I thought it might be. This was given to me as a gift last birthday and I just now got around to playing it.

The game is pretty easy and because it has no online game only worth it if you can pick it up around $25 or less.

Probably more a rental game unless you have kids that just loved Eragon.

Finished Hotel Dusk on the DS a couple of days ago. Man, what a terrible game - I'd love to take every reviewer who gave it 7's and up outside and beat them repeatedly with a Raymond Chandler novel.

Was it boring or frustrating?

Or was it frustratingly boring?

My girlfriend seems to like that game, although I think she is stuck on the 3rd case.

StarFox 64 on Wii VC.

Gamecube Controller was PERFECT for it... much better than the "classic controller" or even the N64, in terms of super-intuitive button placement.

I purposefully took mostly the easy routes. Overall this game has held up very well.

I then put Star Fox Assault in... that is really an underrated game.