IGNORED

Since when was Slot Machine worth that much?

Cassidy Nolen

This discussion got me thinking back to 1983 or so, when I purchased a boxed copy of Slot Machine from a former classmate that I had known in elementary school.This purchase was what started me collecting these games for the 2600...even back then the game was somewhat scarce, so now you will be paying a bit..and, of course, like a lot of rare games, Slot Machine is lame-o.It's been a while but I think I paid $5 for this.

quote:

Originally posted by Scott Stilphen:

$50 is nothing compared to what some other boxed games get -

960 dollars eh? Wouldnt it suck if it turned up at the local flea market for 1$? I would surely strip and run around the mall several times mumbling "ex-sqeeze me, have u played atari today?"

quote:

Boxed, that's probably worth it. It's a pretty hard game to find, especially boxed. In fact, I only recently got a box for my collection last year.

I have to agree with Scott. If this was one of those few remaining Atari boxes I needed for my 2600 collection, I'd have no problem dropping $50 for it. All you need is a few people with this mentality and the price can get driven up to levels that might seem unseasonably warm for some.

..Al

Well,

I am amazed how high Lockjaw went, but again, its all in the eye of the beholder.

Just as a side note, if anyone needs a boxed copy of Slot Machine or Miniature Golf (another hard to find, albeit not that rare) I do have them.

Cassidy

Huh, rare games at thrift stores are cool. I would love to find a Tooth Protectors or WW at a thrift store. Can you imagine the excitement of finding a Quadrun somewhere?

I'm all for commerce and supply and demand and all that, but man, I'd feel ashamed to take that much money for an Atari 2600 cartridge.

I mean, that's a HOUSE payment.

Or field-level seats for two to 20 major-league baseball games.

Or all the minor-league hockey you can stand for two seasons.

Or flying halfway across the country, eating a 5-star dinner, and flying back the same day. Just for fun.

Or 3 nights/4 days for two persons in Cancun or some other exotic beach resort.

quote:

Originally posted by StellasGhost:

[qb]

$50 is nothing compared to what some other boxed games get -

960 dollars eh? Wouldnt it suck if it turned up at the local flea market for 1$? I would surely strip and run around the mall several times mumbling "ex-sqeeze me, have u played atari today?"[/QB]