IGNORED

Professional MyIDE-XE kit

mr-atari

Hi Guys,

Stevens MyIDE+flash is cool, but have you seen this???

Just to let you know this is a real cool gadget for XE-users.

2.5"HD or CF-card inside your XE. I even have pictures of

a CF-card inserted on the right-side of a XE-console :-)

See here for more info:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/mr.atari/XE-IDE-KIT/XE-INSTALL.html

For questions and how to get one:

info@mr-atari.com

Cheers,

Sijmen.

Hi Guys,

Stevens MyIDE+flash is cool, but have you seen this???

Just to let you know this is a real cool gadget for XE-users.

2.5"HD or CF-card inside your XE. I even have pictures of

a CF-card inserted on the right-side of a XE-console :-)

See here for more info:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/mr.atari/XE-IDE-KIT/XE-INSTALL.html

For questions and how to get one:

info@mr-atari.com

Cheers,

Sijmen.

860117[/snapback]

Yeah, I like the internal version better myself, not that the cartridge isn't cool and easier for many people, but then you have to have another external case for the HD and power supply or just have it hanging out in the open. I'd just as soon do this internal mod and get a seperate Atarimax flash cart if I want one. I'd assume that this mod would work fine on XL models too, since it's just a matter of connecting the board to the CPU socket and putting the CPU on top, but I suppose to be compatible you'd need to swap out your XL's 6502 for the XE's 6502C...I'll have to ask Mr. Atari about that...he's got a version for the 800 though, apparently, so maybe using that version in the XL is the way to go instead.

@ gunstar:  Whats the persons name that started this thread  ;)   Isnt that the person you want to talk too?  8) "mr atari"  Also would you like me to pick you up some coffee ?  A large maybe  :P

860709[/snapback]

Err...yeah, I guess it IS Mr. Atari who started the thread...stupid me :roll:

I thought it was someone who saw the other MyIDE+flash thread, went to the site, saw this and just was giving people a heads-up. I guess he'll return here soon and give me the answers I'm looking for. :D

more specifically, I have a 1200XL that I'd like to add the IDE too, it's my project Atari that I'm doing massive upgrades on, basically becuase it has plenty of room inside the case, and since I'm upgrading it with a bunch of other stuff, it will be my main 8-bit when I'm done, so I want it to have the harddrive. My XE can just keep using the SIO2PC cable...I'm also getting an 800 soon too, and might consider and IDE upgrade for it as well.

Edited by Gunstar

Yeah, I like the internal version better myself, not that the cartridge isn't cool and easier for many people, but then you have to have another external case for the HD and power supply or just have it hanging out in the open. I'd just as soon do this internal mod and get a seperate Atarimax flash cart if I want one. I'd assume that this mod would work fine on XL models too, since it's just a matter of connecting the board to the CPU socket and putting the CPU on top, but I suppose to be compatible you'd need to swap out your XL's 6502 for the XE's 6502C...I'll have to ask Mr. Atari about that...he's got a version for the 800 though, apparently, so maybe using that version in the XL is the way to go instead.

860667[/snapback]

The internal version work in any A8. But it's called a XE-kit, because

it actually fits inside a XE. In a XL, you need to use a 40 pins CPU-ribbon

cable to support the interface away from the keyboard (there is no room

beneith it).

I.E. Any 6502 CPU will do fine. Even a 400/800-CPU-board (if you had room for it) ;-)

Disadvantage is, that this cool internal interface required soldering most of the times.

I'll ask Steven Tucker if you can add the option -BOOTROM in a flash-

cartridge other then the MyIDE+Flash. If yes, you can flash-in the latest

OS-version for a internal-interface !!! :-)

This would be great for beta-testing also!

I'll open a new topic about this later.

Cheers,

Sijmen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello mr-atari, :)

Just sent you an email through your website for the reason that I cant stand looking @ the pictures of the internal CF card setup when I dont have that. Please get back to me and fix my needs. I am jonzing for that setup 8) Thanks

Edited by ATARIeric