IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 19: No Escape!

Ze_ro

Important note: This weeks competition is over. If you still wish to discuss this game, then feel free to do so, but no further scores will be accepted. Thanks to everyone for all their contributions! Please join in on the latest High Score Club competition!

Jason has taken the Golden Fleece! The gods of Olympus are not pleased. They wish to test this proud mortal. Jason wakes to find himself imprisoned in the Temple of Aphrodite! Frenzied Furies flash overhead. Armed only with stones he finds on the Temple floor, the resourceful Jason must pit his wiles against there cunning menaces, because this week's game is No Escape!

Game Information

• Game Name: No Escape!
  • Released By: Imagic, 1983
  • Left Difficulty: A / Expert - Jason gains a life if he survives a wave without being hit.
  • Right Difficulty: Not Applicable in Single Player Modes
  • Game Mode: Game 1 - 1 Player
  • Chosen By: bjk7382

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores will be approximately Tuesday, May 31st at 1:30 AM (CST). In case you haven't already done so, please read the High Score Club rules. There is other useful information contained in that previous link, including a list of previous High Score Club games!

As before, next week's game will be chosen by the next person in the member list, which happens to be Christophero Sly! Please send me a private message with your choice of game for next week!

If you are not a member of the High Score Club, but would like to be, then all you have to do is post a score for this week's game, and I'll add you to the list!

Current High Scores

1. goldfuji.gif1,000,000 (the 5th ghost) [+11]
  2. silverfuji.gif127,120 (keilbaca) [+10]
  3. bronzefuji.gif10,176 (sku_u) [+9]
  4. 4931 (StanJr) [+8]
  5. 4736 (SpiceWare) [+7]
  6. 4685 (Osbo) [+6]
  7. 4647 (cyberneticimplant) [+5]
  8. 4637 (Numan) [+4]
  9. 4178 (khryssun) [+3]
  10. 4163 (Mad Scientist) [+2]
  11. 4117 (gospeedde) [+1]
  12. 3530 (Malc74) [+1]
  13. 3477 (bjk7382) [+1]
  14. 3435 (Fellow Atari Man) [+1]
  15. 3392 (vdub_bobby) [+1]
  16. 2719 (LarcenTyler) [+1]
  17. 1957 (scogey) [+1]

Best Tips

• ribbon.gifthe 5th ghost [+2]

Bounties and Challenges

• Lord of the Argonauts - Score 80,000 points or more and get 2 bonus points.
    • the 5th ghost, keilbaca [+2]

Current Standings

1. StanJr [159]
  2. keilbaca [151]
  3. the 5th ghost [97]
  4. Osbo [71]
  5. Malc74 [64]
  6. sku_u [62]
  7. SpiceWare [50]
  8. vdub_bobby [49]
  9. Fellow Atari Man [49]
  10. KaeruYojimbo [47]
  11. video game addict [42]
  12. Christophero Sly [41]
  13. gospeedde [39]
  14. LarcenTyler [38]
  15. Mad Scientist [35]
  16. Numan [35]
  17. Robert M [33]
  18. Keir [32]
  19. Lord Thag [30]
  20. racer raul [29]
  21. Blackjack [28]
  22. chrisbid [28]
  23. Philflound [27]
  24. pitfallaimee [24]
  25. Goochman [24]
  26. Dones [24]
  27. Lord Helmet [21]
  28. Cybergoth [20]
  29. Dan Iacovelli [20]
  • mikeftrevino [18]
  • chubsta [17]
  • khryssun [16]
  • yuppicide [15]
  • candiru [14]
  • panda_racer [13]
  • cvga [13]
  • davepesc [11]
  • scogey [9]
  • Thomas Jentzsch [9]
  • adams_ale [6]
  • Luigi301 [5]
  • Gamemaster_ca_2003 [5]
  • Bubbledragon [4]
  • BydoEmpire [3]
  • kemsted [3]
  • Stingray [3]
  • 128bytes [2]
  • Voch [2]
  • iguana [2]
  • Damon Plus [2]
  • Kepone [2]
  • Chris++ [1]
  • awsomo3000 [1]
  • madbutscher [1]
  • Scooterb23 [1]
  • bjk7382 [1]
  • internetotaku [1]
  • Gateway [1]

Member List

Christophero Sly, yuppicide, madbutscher, the 5th ghost, Scooterb23, khryssun, Malc74, chubsta, Keir, Philflound, candiru, kemsted, keilbaca, Cybergoth, sku_u, Chris++, cvga, LarcenTyler, 128bytes, Goochman, mikeftrevino, StanJr, Osbo, Numan, vdub_bobby, Dones, Gamemaster_ca_2003, awsomo3000, Voch, Stingray, scogey, Bubbledragon, video game addict, pitfallaimee, Blackjack, racer raul, SpiceWare, Robert M, Lord Helmet, Lord Thag, Mad Scientist, Dan Iacovelli, iguana, Luigi301, Gateway, Damon Plus, gospeedde, Kepone, internetotaku, panda_racer, KaeruYojimbo, bjk7382

Scoring Points in No Escape!

• Earn 2 points for each Fury you destroy.
  • Earn 5 points for each brick left untouched in the Temple roof.
  • Players who make every shot count can also earn BONUS POINTS. Bonus points are automatically calculated for you at the end of each wave -- if Jason survives! Here's how it works:
    • If every stone Jason throws in waves 1 and 2 loosens a brick and destroys a Fury, you'll earn 99 points over and above the 5 points you've scored for each brick that remains in the Temple roof.
    • As "NO ESCAPE!" increases in difficulty, so do your bonus point awards!

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual.

What's that? You don't have the manual? Well, luckily for you, AtariAge has a typed copy of it online for your reading pleasure.

What's that? You're too lazy to click that link? Well, the manual doesn't provide any specific hints anyways!

Tip:

Use your fire button to control the movement of the creatures. Once you master the art of throwing one stone to cause a brick to fall, then hit your fire button again to cause the creature to run into that falling brick, you're all set! If you hold the button down, the creatures will move towards you, the longer you hold down the button, the farther the creatures will move in your direction (hint hint)

Tip 2:

Once things start to pick up, try to position yourself in the center of the screen and alternate rapid shots left and right, but keep moving to avoid the stones thrown at you. Don't stay stationary! Once you get this technique down, you will easily clear all but two creatures, then concentrate on controlling those two by causing them to move into your falling bricks!

Tip 3:

At every 18th wave, the Furies don't shoot. This is also when the music will reset back to the original pitch from the 1st wave ;)

Tip: once things start getting hairy, always try to get off two shots as quick as you can, one being at an angle, the other one straight...that way, the line of enemies will try to dodge one brick, but then will usually end up getting hit by the other.

Good luck everyone!

--Ze_ro

....Great pick!

Thanks, I haven't really been playing the hsc that much lately, but I always love to pick a game. I was thinking about 3 of them... Thrust, Quadrun, and No Escape. So I chose the most common one.

I will get at least a couple scores in this week, even though I am not too spectacular at this game either.

My score so far is

Edited by bjk7382

....Great pick!

Thanks, I haven't really been playing the hsc that much lately, but I always love to pick a game. I was thinking about 3 of them... Thrust, Quadrun, and No Escape. So I chose the most common one.

I will get at least a couple scores in this week, even though I am not too spectacular at this game either.

My score so far is

860916[/snapback]

I was going to pick quadrun, its fun but its too easy. It doesn't take long to get to the Viota wave, then from there it doesn't get any harder.

This is one of my favorite Imagic games, don't mis-interpret my first post ;)

Anyway, I will at least offer my best tips...

Tip:

Use your fire button to control the movement of the creatures. Once you master the art of throwing one stone to cause a brick to fall, then hit your fire button again to cause the creature to run into that falling brick, you're all set! If you hold the button down, the creatures will move towards you, the longer you hold down the button, the farther the creatures will move in your direction (hint hint)

Tip 2:

Once things start to pick up, try to position yourself in the center of the screen and alternate rapid shots left and right, but keep moving to avoid the stones thrown at you. Don't stay stationary! Once you get this technique down, you will easily clear all but two creatures, then concentrate on controlling those two by causing them to move into your falling bricks!

I keep getting rapid fire killed by the second wave of Centaurs! :x :x :x

Yeah, controlling the movement of the monsters is the key. But be careful holding the button down, as you will keep knocking bricks loose and if you aren't watching, end up with them on your head.

I keep getting close to my old score, but not beating it!

It is harder on dif.A, plus I'm a little rusty on this one... :)

Once you hit 20K, the bonus points start racking up fast when you clear each wave.

Also, I forgot to count but after a certain amount of waves, you will get a wave where the creatures don't shoot. This makes for a nice break. I will count the next time I play.

Following some of the 5th ghost's advice, I was able to rack up a score of 10,176.  That's an amazing Difficulty A score, 5th ghost. :o

862132[/snapback]

Thanks!

Nice to see you get into the 10K range. You're getting close to the point where the difficulty maxxes then its just a matter of rhythm, keep it up! :cool: