IGNORED

Building an ST monitor cable

Hi all,

I am building a monitor cable for my STe for an Atari monitor that I found a while back.

IMGP3726.JPG

I don't know the model of the monitor but it has an RGB input that has 15-pins that is made up of 2 rows (the top row having 8 pins and the bottom row having 7 pins). It is a bit different to the 9-pin SC1435 and to the 13-pin SC1224.

To start, I'm thinking of buying an ST monitor cable that has the 13-pin on one end and cut off the one on the other end. I would then buy a 15-pin adapter and guess where the pins are gonna go.

Does anyone know of any RGB monitor with the same 15-pin input that I can at least pattern (rather than guessing) the RGB pinouts? Also, where's a good place to buy an ST monitor cable?

TIA.

Don

That 15 pin sounds like a standard VGA port, which means the monitor is VGA? I dunno, whats the monitor model number? For buying one, I have had good luck with Best Electronics. They have a special adapter cable to go from ST round DIN to standard VGA.

860806[/snapback]

I think a standard 15-pin VGA port is one with 3 rows of 5 pins. This one has two rows of 8 and 7 pins. I'll check with Best Electronics anyway.

A VGA monitor uses a High Density 15 way D connector (3 rows of 5 pins) where as the connector described is a standard 15 way D connector (one row of 8 and one row of 7 pins).

Hope that make things clear, I'm sure someone here will know the pin out if you can provide the monitors model number.

Edited by Stephen Moss

Hope that make things clear, I'm sure someone here will know the pin out if you can provide the monitors model number.

861478[/snapback]

Thanks Stephen. The monitor does not have any model number (it is an Atari re-badged monitor here in Australia). The only numbers I can refer to are the numbers in the back label which is 900 001015.

I am just hoping someone has seen a similar RGB monitor (Amiga or Apple perhaps) that has the same 15-pin input.

I did a lot of research on that monitor when I first saw one on ebay and couldn't find anything on it. You are probably going to have to open that guy up to figure out the pinout. Just don't fry youself while you're in there.

Mitch