IGNORED

Intellivision I vs. Sears Super Video Arcade

I'm hoping somebody has both Intellivision models so that they can compare them for me. Are the Sear Intellivision (Super Video Arcade) and the Intellivision I the same size (i.e. would a dust cover for the Intellivision I fit the Sears SVA)? One more question - are the fire buttons on the original Intellivision controller harder than than the Sears buttons. I like the Sears side buttons (much easier to use than the INTV II ones). The only problem with the Sears model is that to me it is pretty ugly :!:

Thanks for the help!

I love the look of the Sears Super Video Arcade! Those giant buttons on the console are awesome. I also love the look of the original INTV I. I think that they complement each other well. I like the joysticks of the Sears better than the original INTV I's.

I like what Sears did to the Intellivison much better than what they did to the 2600.

Thanks - thus, the size of both is the same (and a regular dustcover will fit the Sears model) and the controllers are the same (except for color). I thought maybe the original controller had harder side fire buttons. IntvGene, I knew there would be a few fans of the Sears console! It isn't so bad, but they are often yellowing these days and I prefer the original look - actually the dark woodgrain on the Tandyvision looks the best to me!

Edited by RangerG

I'm probably alon in this, but the Inty, to me is one of the coolest looking classic consoles. Too bad the games move at a snails pace (well, most of them anyway)

872089[/snapback]

I like the INTV look.

Not as much as the 5200, but that's a tough act for anyone to follow.

sears did their best work with the video arcade II

http://www.atariage.com/2600/systems/sys_S...ideoArcade2.jpg

i've always wanted a sears INTV but for some reason or other i havent found one in the wild. where ever possible i like to use the rarest console version i can, yes i know its cheesy but thats my style. i did manage to find a tandy INTV but it turned out to be an empty shell, i have no idea why. i've been thinking about transfering the guts of a regular INTV in there.

I'm probably alon in this, but the Inty, to me is one of the coolest looking classic consoles. Too bad the games move at a snails pace (well, most of them anyway)

872089[/snapback]

No no, you're not alone. My friend had one of these when I was younger, and enjoyed playing it immensly.

It wasn't enough to sway me away from Atari, however. :D

EDIT: Wow! I'm a chopper commander now! :lust:

Steve

Edited by classicgamingguy

I always liked the styling of the Sears Super Video Arcade. I guess it's my twisted 70's genetics. ;)

I've only ever seen one in the wild, but $30 seemed like too much at the time so I passed it up. With a fully functioning Intellevision there's not much justification to find another unit on ebay just for the nifty styling.