IGNORED

SOLD - The "Activision" Console - VJ 8900 - FS

TomBrazil

Hey, we talked a lot here at AA about the "Activision" console. It was thought to be prototipe, now we realize it was in a fact a limited production console, very hard to find. A rare item. I know only 3 people in the world who have one, 2 of them live in Brazil, the other.. guess who? :)

I managed to get that one, so I'm accepting good offers for it. Please notice, this model is a little diferent than the traditional one (see topic here). I couldn't say if this particular model is rarer than the other one, but I figure maybe it is, because the collectors I know have the model discussed on the linked topic, not this.

The model that I'm selling has different silk colors on its panel, and also, it's from Milmar! (see the word "Dactar" on the panel) :!: The other one is from Dismac, so this puzzles me. Anyway... the condition of this console is good, has a few scraches, it's not mint but works fine. I'd trade this for a Kee Games console :)

Please, PM me you're interested!

post-6332-1118636795_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1118636820_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1118636928_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomBrazil

Hello there. Best offer I have untill now is US$ 150 + shipping for this console.

I think it's worth more due to the rarity of it. There are 3 known people in the world who own one.

I'm accepting US$ 200 or more offers for it. If you're interested, please put in public, replying to this thread. If I have no answers untill friday, I'll close it for U$ 150.

Thanx everyone

Hello there. Best offer I have untill now is US$ 150 + shipping for this console.

I think it's worth more due to the rarity of it. There are 3 known people in the world who own one.

I'm accepting US$ 200 or more offers for it. If you're interested, please put in public, replying to this thread. If I have no answers untill friday, I'll close it for U$ 150.

Thanx everyone

874691[/snapback]

Uh, take the $150. I have one. It's not that rare. It's not a prototype. And I'm going to guess that the one you are selling is a pastiche of pieces of other consoles. The Dismac consoles are made of a high density plastic that chips easily. I would guess that one of the previous owners of the console took a cheaper/easier to find Dactar console and used it's parts and put it together with the much cooler Dismac Activision grill to make a nice looking console in good condition.

Of course, if it included the box, $150 would be my offer.

$200? Phew! The dollar must be weak.

Uh, take the $150. I have one. It's not that rare. It's not a prototype. And I'm going to guess that the one you are selling is a pastiche of pieces of other consoles. The Dismac consoles are made of a high density plastic that chips easily. I would guess that one of the previous owners of the console took a cheaper/easier to find Dactar console and used it's parts and put it together with the much cooler Dismac Activision grill to make a nice looking console in good condition.

874785[/snapback]

Here we go again. You seem to be very sensitive today, my friend. Is there something wrong with you?

You guessed wrong, there's no chipped plastic whatsoever in this console, not a sign of glue or domestic work on it. Personally, if I had seen something, I would myself warn people here about it. I would never cheat anyone here, and as far as I know, the upper part of those consoles are made in a single molding process, anyway, they're not dettachable.

Dactar and Dismac are very similar, dont know why one of them would be worse than the other.

Brazilian videogame market was very non-documented, and it is possible to find surprises even today. I dont know about this console. Dont know if it's a proto or anything. I'm just showing what I found.

Yes, the dollar is week in Brazil BTW. Nevertheless, not much people own this console, thus its rarity. You dont have to agree with me of course, but you went a long long way with your arguments.

Tombrazil,

I didn't mean to make it a personal attack. If you can get $200, all the power to you! I just think that it's a public forum, and sometimes I like to dispell a little hype. I do that any chance I see reasonable here or on DP.

You get AWESOME stuff, most of which is very rare. This item included. I've been into this stuff for a while (perhaps you have too), and I've seen alot of the import stuff. I like to chime in with a little wisdom from the experienced collector now and again. I like to tell people- "I've seen these items before, and I'll see them again. Get it if you have to have it, but don't put down a second mortgage for it because there are several in collector's hands, and there will be even more in collector's hands in 5 years."

I'm cheap, and you know it, and most of the people in the forum know it, but many of them also know that I'm reasonably familiar with market rates (given the usual low ball offers I make on items I consider low priority.)

I'm far from flaming you. Don't take it that way. But it certainly is reasonable to consider that someone (I'm assuming that it's not you!) patched this console together as it has Dactar parts AND Dismac parts. I'm saying that it would be easy to chip the original Dismac console, so a reasonable approach to cleaning it up would be using other compatible parts. I don't think that this logic is out of line. Alternatively, it could be an incredibly rare prototype or factor mismatch of some sort. Doubt.

874785[/snapback]

Here we go again. You seem to be very sensitive today, my friend. Is there something wrong with you?

You guessed wrong, there's no chipped plastic whatsoever in this console, not a sign of glue or domestic work on it. Personally, if I had seen something, I would myself warn people here about it. I would never cheat anyone here, and as far as I know, the upper part of those consoles are made in a single molding process, anyway, they're not dettachable.

Dactar and Dismac are very similar, dont know why one of them would be worse than the other.

Brazilian videogame market was very non-documented, and it is possible to find surprises even today. I dont know about this console. Dont know if it's a proto or anything. I'm just showing what I found.

Yes, the dollar is week in Brazil BTW. Nevertheless, not much people own this console, thus its rarity. You dont have to agree with me of course, but you went a long long way with your arguments.

874869[/snapback]