IGNORED

Strange issue with a buyer

Almost 2 and a 1/2 years ago I bought an item from this buyer. It was for some cards for my son who had used his own money to pay for the cards. The seller (now buyer) wouldn't respond to my emails or send out the item. Everyday my son would check the mail and then he would be upset when the item didn't arrive. I finally had to call him to get the cards.

A couple of days ago this same guy bought something from me. I didn't realize it was him because he has a different eBay id now. I noticed that he left positive feedback immediately which is very strange (only the 2nd time it has happened to me). I am getting my packages ready to ship this week and I noticed this note with his PayPal message.

Note:

Dear Seller:

I do not wish for you to send this item to me.

I just would like your positive feedback.

I know I send you replacement cards way back.

Take care,

Chris

He did send some extra cards about a year after the original transaction.

Here is the item that he bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

Does this seem strange to anyone? Here it is almost 2 and 1/2 years later.

How did he guess it was you? 

You would have been stlouisrams2002 or 2K1 back then...

:P

I agree, strange indeed, but cool for you right?

879092[/snapback]

I left him a negative back then so there still is a record of that in his feedback profile.

He didn't send money for shipping so I don't know what to do.

I left him a negative back then so there still is a record of that in his feedback profile.

He didn't send money for shipping so I don't know what to do.

He didn't pay anything at all?! That would piss me off especially with EPay fees.

Tell him if he doesn't send you the $, you've already had practice at leaving him a neg before... Oh, and to have a nice day. :)

He said he didn't want anything though right besides for the pos feedback??

Any gave you a pos, so he's not looking to get even or anything, maybe just remorse?

If you are worried about not shipping anything print out the paypal invoice, and write thanks on it, and put in a regular envelope & mail to him. That'd cost around .34 cents, and you can print out a DC label for it possibly or pick up one at the post office. Less than a dollar total, and then just relist the cart.

Edited by video game addict

That's definitely strange. He paid for the auction but not shipping because he didn't actually want the item -- just the feedback. I can't see him just wanting to buy feedback; a search of "positive feedback" will list reams of thinly disguised pay-for-feedback auctions, all a tenth of what he paid. Perhaps he just wanted to atone for his earlier misdeed?

Edited by Mindfield

You should just refund his payment and explain to him that you have no hard feelings and that the negative you gave him 2 1/2 years ago can`t be removed now (even if you wanted to). And that if he really wants the item he should redo his payment with the shipping costs included. Either way, I`d tell him that I`m not comfortable taking his 10$ for nothing.

• 4 months later...

I usually don't bump up old topics but I received this message from the same guy who my original post was about tonight:

Question from topriority

Item: GHOST MANOR SPIKE'S PEAK DOUBLE ENDER ATARI 2600 XONOX (8228665680)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

topriority is a potential buyer.

Dear Seller:

If I purchase this item for you, will you leave me positive feedback as a buyer?

Please let me know, eather way.

Take care,

Chris

My original transaction with this guy was from January 2003. What the fuck is up with this guy. One of the stranger people from eBay that I have come in contact with.

That is pretty strange. What did you end up doing with the Vectrex game that he bought but didn't want to receive? Did you send it to him? Did you refund his money? Did you leave him positive feedback? If you left him positive feedback back in June, you should tell him that another positive feedback won't show up in his total feedback score.

eBay stalkers! Fun! :)

..Al

So what did you end up doing the last time Sean? When this thread was first started, he had already bought the item, but just asked you to keep it. Did you finish the transaction then? Ship or just agree to keep the money? Refund?

Did he post a positive feedback for you vack in June? And did you not leave any for him?

That is pretty strange.  What did you end up doing with the Vectrex game that he bought but didn't want to receive?  Did you send it to him?  Did you refund his money?  Did you leave him positive feedback?  If you left him positive feedback back in June, you should tell him that another positive feedback won't show up in his total feedback score. 

eBay stalkers!  Fun!  :)

..Al

954845[/snapback]

I shipped him the Vectrex game but I did not leave him feedback. I basically just wanted to get rid of the guy and I thought that he would get the message.