IGNORED

People on ebay are going crazy!!!

ATARIPITBULL

5 hours ago, hhwolfman said:

Thought it would be fun to bump this old thread. People loosing their minds that someone paid $610 for a CIB Lochjaw. ?

Honestly I'm surprised it only went for $610 with the manual.  Those don't come up for auction very often (I look on ebay pretty much daily over the last year and a half or so and never recall seeing one).  All it takes is two collectors who want a complete set to start bidding it up.

58 minutes ago, TheVgaTv said:

Honestly I'm surprised it only went for $610 with the manual.  Those don't come up for auction very often (I look on ebay pretty much daily over the last year and a half or so and never recall seeing one).  All it takes is two collectors who want a complete set to start bidding it up.

This was 2002. There hasn't been  LJ box up in a long time. 

25 minutes ago, hhwolfman said:

This was 2002. There hasn't been  LJ box up in a long time. 

Be on the lookout Saturday and they said possibly Friday , it’s already left the post office 2 day priority. I need to sell all my Atari stuff it just sits in the basement in a box taking up space. 

• Confused 1

On 2/11/2002 at 12:46 PM, King Atari said:

Dancing rodents are good, Stan, but I think me, Lemmi, and Kyle will agree, nothing beats The Ghoul!

Ghoul Dance!

Ghoul power!

As much as I generally loathe seeing things I posted nearly 20 (!!!) years ago, this was a nice little memory. Thanks to the power of the Wayback Machine, I was evidently talking about this. (Ron "The Ghoul" Sweed passed away on April 1, 2019 - I've continued to be just as big a fan in this day and age as I was back then. I remember Lemmi and I PM'ing back and forth about him; whatever happened to Lemmi?)

Anyway, regarding the topic at hand...

It's amazing to recall a time when a game selling for $500 was considered outrageous. Can you imagine the news of a loose Air Raid selling for 10 grand back in 2002? AA would have had a veritable site-wide mental freakout or something! Nowadays, a boxed copy of that or Red Sea Crossing selling for $500 would be considered the bargain of the century! (In these parts, at least.)

• Like 1