IGNORED

People on ebay are going crazy!!!

ATARIPITBULL

I was looking at ebay today and found some person who has a copy of Sneak'n'peek from US games for sale and has it listed as "ultra rare" and has even put down that it does not even show up on Atariage. IF this game is so ultra rare then why did I buy a boxed copy of it for just $4.00 8 months ago and it shows up on the list as just a (2). (Can you belive this guy)

Well, as you mention crazy people at ebay...

I just took a look at the Auction that is highlighted on

AtariAge "Boxed Lochjaw from Games by Apollo"...

At the moment the High Bid is $500.00!!!!!

Hey, this is Insane!!!! How can someone spend 500 Bucks

for just one 2600-Game??!!! I don´t know how rare this

game is, but no game is worth 500 Bucks if you ask me!!

I just can´t belive this!!!! Absolutely insane....

Some Atari-Collectors seem to be Millionairs... I just

thought most Atari-Freax would be poor Pigs like me!

What do You think about that?!!

quote:

Originally posted by Horax:

I just took a look at the Auction that is highlighted on

AtariAge "Boxed Lochjaw from Games by Apollo"...

At the moment the High Bid is $500.00!!!!!

Yes, I'm afraid some people do have quite a bit of money wrapped up in their collections. Especially those who collect boxed games. While I have many boxed titles, I have not yet gotten into the phase of, "I Must Have Every Box!" While Lochjaw certainly is pretty rare, I was also surprised to see the auction up at $500. I sure hope that these big box collectors have their collections insured against things like fire and water damage!

I also hope that whoever wins this auction is kind enough to send us a scan of the box (the seller says she doesn't have a scanner, we already asked).

..Al

i also hate ebay sellers who, on seemingly finding some spare characters free in their subject heading, feel it prudent to include *WOW*.

I mean, is THAT gonna make you want to buy something, I must do a search on *wow* sometime, see what crap it turns up.

Oh yeah, on a slightly different note, on US ebay, theres a BigTrak and trailer auction soon to close and currently at only $25!! SO CHEAP!! Oh, and the Tron paper tablecloth (still wrapped from 1982) - what an item!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

While Lochjaw certainly is pretty rare, I was also surprised to see the auction up at $500. I sure hope that these big box collectors have their collections insured against things like fire and water damage!

I've seen more boxed River Patrols than Lochjaws in my collector life, so that's how rare it is

I also hope that whoever wins this auction is kind enough to send us a scan of the box (the seller says she doesn't have a scanner, we already asked).

It's not a coincidence that you don't have this box in your extensive library yet: it really is very rare.

Anyhow, I will make a scan of my Lochjaw box for you tonight

Cheers,

Marco

*WOW* RARE!!!! MIB !!! People think its rare just because they havent seen one.

It's just marketing 101. Most of us can see past this crap. I have my limit for spending on atari games, I dont care how "rare" it is. just 4 months ago I found MasterBuilder mint in a fleamarket. Didn't pay 80 bucks for it!! Don't go crazy and spend all your cash on one game!! Unless you are already crazy...then its ok.But arent we all just a little odd as my sister would put it??