IGNORED

People on ebay are going crazy!!!

ATARIPITBULL

I would be highly suspect of an unopened and sealed older 2600. Possible, but not very likely. Sadly, if someone had a decent box, they could put together a nice 2600 unit to appear never used and get some nice bucks. I bought a new, factory sealed and shrink wrapped 2600 JR. from best a few years ago. Still have it, never used. Not as good as an older 2600, but still pretty cool to have. Love seeing a brand new 2600 controller all wrapped up too. haha

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

Wow! If you look at the bidding for that 2600, though, it's almost all from bidders with (0) (or worse) feedback. Still, you don't see one of those every day.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

If that Lochjaw would have been sealed, then I could see it going up to $610, but for an opened copy, it seems a bit much.

the only thing i hate about sealed games you can only assume they work!!

610.00 still worth it!! i think...

Take Care,

Rick

Is anything worth what we pay for it?

I believe it's all relative.

Something is worth as much as you are willing to pay for it.

I certainlly would NOT pay $600.00 for any game boxed or not, but if you are a serious collector and you gotta have it GO FOR IT.

My wife and I collect sesame street plush dolls http://www.elmoandfriends.com

and we've paid a good amount for some of the dolls in our collection. Are we crazy? No it's all in what you think an item is worth.

There was one doll we wanted and the bidding was getting close to $50.00 so we decided we had to have it and put a $150.00 bid on it,we won it for $65.00 but we wanted it and it really didn't matter how much cause we were gonna get it one way or another.

If you are a collector and see RARE on an obvious common item just skip past it.

Sometimes everything on e-bay is "RARE"

the only sad part is someone who is not knowledgeable about the rarity or value of an item may bid too much for something.

Those of us here know what the value of an item should be and would only pay more for those MUST HAVES.

All right, am I the only person who believes this auction for Lochjaw is an exercise in ultimate insanity. I mean, come on, it is an Apollo game and a really crappy one at that. $600.00????!!!!!. I mean, I can buy a computer, a suit, a lynx game with all the games on Ebay, for the price of this game. And we're talking the 2600. We just got a thread talking how people got carts in the wild, you know, getting carts for .50 a pop and now you have Lochjaw. I'm going to sell my Crypts of Chaos game for $50.00. Its a bargain.

quote:

Originally posted by Fretwobbler:

THats crazy money! worse than

we had in England not too long ago.

There seems to have been an influx of new buyers on ebay recently and its these guys who are pushing the prices up to silly levels.

Adam

This is silly indeed, If I take all of the stuff in that action out of my collection, it comes to about 40 dollars Canadian that it cost me. Throw in the JR for 20 bucks. Ebay is like Vegas, people get caught up in the bidding and forget what its actually worth. One day Im going to sell my most worn out copy of Pacman for 50 bucks! Don't tempt me. Props to StanJr, I did enjoy this link however: http://dancinghamsters.com/blastoff.html

quote:

Originally posted by moycon:

Lochjaw Status: $610 !!!

I'm not surprised...

I think this threads topic is titled correctly.

I think the two are completely different matters. The new-in-box 2600 unit is very nice, but it appears on Ebay every now and then. Also, a bogus bidder may have spoiled this auction by driving up the price on an item he never intended to buy.

As for the boxed Lochjaw, well, that's something most collectors only dream of. The cart appears on Ebay only once a year. This is only the second boxed set that I've seen offered for sale in my ten years of on line collecting. The bidders' list on this item only contains serious collectors whose goal it is to collect every officially released 2600 game boxed.

As for the cash, well, it's all a matter of preference, I guess. If you can afford it, who are we to judge them? I'd say "good for the guy whoever wins it - I hope he enjoys it".

Cheers,

Marco

Hello everybody!

As an E-Bay seller I feel I have to speak up now. One thing you'll find is that most people who bid on Atari stuff actually know what it's worth. And it's the ones who do that know when to stop bidding and find another auction for the same thing. It's a lot of the people who sell things that really don't know what they have. I bought a lot of 25 games that had Montezuma's Revenge in it for about $30.00 I recently sold that one game to someone for $30.00 plus shipping. The game was actually worth that (in my opinion) because of it's rarity. Is it worth more? No. Would some have bid higher? Probably if it had been up longer.

The point is that if someone want something bad enough they will bid high for it, but most people have a limit where they say "Hey, too rich for my blood." or "I'll find another one."

You've just got to be patient and the games you want will show up for a price you can afford.

Thanks,

Brian J Nelson

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

Is there a manual by the game Lochjaw? Or only the box? The seller write complete with box, but he has nothing write about a manual.

While I have no idea if this Lochjaw auction includes a manual, I'd be surprised if one wasn't created for it. Unfortunately we don't have a scan of the manual, and not even an HTML version, so I can't personally confirm or deny the existence of a Lochjaw manual. But I'm sure someone here can. I'd love to get a scan of this for AtariAge, since it's unlikely I'm going to come into possession of one anytime soon.

..Al