IGNORED

Where Did you go from Atari 2600???

brianwolters

Whenever an old thread is resurrected there's always some joker that complains. Are they so superior or what? Who are they to judge what is relevant today? And as you can see, this is a relevant topic. Maybe not to the OP, but to the folks that have replied.

My progression from the VCS was straight to Intellivision and then other consoles of the era. Nothing quite like the down tempo games of Intellivision on a rainy day.

Edited by Keatah

Intellivision is the one system I never played or owned but hope to have one. I was always told the Intellivision was like "poor mans" Atari. The games seem to be about as good as the Atari 2600 and better then Vic 20's library of games. The system was not discontinued until 1991 so it must be one cool system.

1. Radio Shack pong machine (broke and lost to time)

2. 2600 (burned up 5 ;years later)

3. Commodore 64 (gave out 20 years later)

4. NES (still have

5.Super NES still have

6.Sega Genesis still have

7. N64 still have

8. PS1 ,PS2, Xbox 360, Wii Various GameBoys all still working

11. Ouya -- emulation machine...

looking for a 2600, and maybe a Commodore 64 or Colecovision.

I skipped generations. I had an Atari and when it wasn't popular we didn't game. I bought a NES around 1987. After the NES I bought a PS1 probably around 98. After the PS1 I bought a PS3 near 2008. Going by that schedule I'll probably get a ps5 near 2023.

As you can see I prefer to wait before buying new consoles.

Edited by mkiker2089

My list would be too long, as I have spent WAY too much time and money on consoles and systems these past 25+ years, but I will say one thing... when all is said and done, and every other system has failed me or lost my interest, the 2600 stays around.

Granted, I am on my 2nd one now, but it's only been 30 years... :thumbsup:

Might as well let this be my intro post.. for the trolls that trolls other's posts...

I was born in 1975. My parents were 1st generation US Citizens. They bought a 2600 Sixer very early on. I still have it, along with a Star Trek Phaser Battle Game which I also still have, looks brand new\boxed.

It fueled my gaming obsession very early on... as well as my professional career..

I'm an IT Manager for about 20 years now...

I went from a 2600 to a Colecovision, Astrocade. Moved to Great Britain for a year for my father's career, there... for about two years I messed with classic Acetronic games. Moved back to the states Northern NJ\NYC area. Continued with a Sega Genesis, Sega SMS, NES, SNES, N64, PS2, PS3.... leading all the way up to a diehard nextgen Original XBOX, XBOX 360, XBOX One Fanboy.... (I have children now who can't think of a better father than one who resells vintage and next gen gaming)....

In my spare time I'm one of the top ten Ebay video game retailers and re-sellers. I've sold complete collections from $2,000 to $50,000.

My Xbox One and 360 tag is the same as my forum name here.

If you bought on Ebay you have probably bought a game from me. I feel as if I'm heading back to my roots in this forum, so many of my customers use it. Figured I'd drop a note and stick around for a while.

I have extensive knowledge on all vintage gaming items, new, used, boxed, supposed new, useless blather... you name it.. I have resold it..

One day I'll put together a "real" price guide and content guide.. maybe on my deathbed..

Did I ask if anyone was selling an Air Raid? (Oh wait, that's another thread...)

Atari VCS (I still don't like calling it the 2600 for some reason) > Game & Watch > ZX Spectrum > C64 > SMS > Amiga 500 > Sega Megadrive (Genesis) > Gameboy > Gameboy Advance,> Amiga 1200 > CD32 > PlayStation, N64 > PS2, PSP, Xbox > Wii, PS3, X360 > PS4, Xbone.

Probably missed some though.

Does it count when you go backwards?

Atari 2600>NES>Sega Genesis>Sega CD>Sega 32X>SNES>Gamecube>PS>PS2>Xbox>Xbox 360>Wii>PC>Atari 2600>Intellivision

All my modern consoles are gone now except the Xbox 360 and the 3DS from the portable gaming corner.

No one else has mentioned it yet, so... my family bought an original Odyssey from friends around 1975 or so. Not a Pong unit, the actual Odyssey with the overlays and the game pieces and everything. I was literally born into a videogaming household.

We moved onto a Radio Shack Pong clone, then became a computer household. Vic20 and then C64. Eventually my brother bought an NES followed by a Genesis, and I finally got my own when I picked up an SNES. Then an N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Wii, and most currently Xbox360. Around the Dreamcast days is when I started collecting all the cool stuff I couldn't afford as a kid - by now there's not many I'm missing, at least not North America. Can't find Astrocades, Arcadias, or Studio IIs up here in Canada very often, and Ebay buyers are silly with their money, but beyond those, I've found pretty much everything else.

My VCS days were basically several years of non-stop gaming with a friend who lived 2 doors down. His parents bought him a Jr and while I loved my Commodore games, there was something so cool about a dedicated console. So I played the hell out of a lot of 2600 games even though I never owned one in the 80s. Also had friends with Coleco and INTV so I got exposed to damn near everything.

I still have the Oddysey in the basement - I had to practically beg my parents to not throw it out many times. It's probably been 20 years since it's been turned on, but I bet it's an easy fix as it really didn't contain anything exotic. I love the fact that I own a 42 year old console. :D It's so strange to think that video games are entering middle age now.

Edited by freeweed