IGNORED

Where Did you go from Atari 2600???

brianwolters

Forgot, I also had a 5200 about 4 years ago, but only had Ms. Pac-Man, Super Breakout, and Defender. My mom sold it behind my back at a yardsale. And I had a gameboy, but was never too too into it. Played it once in a while but never got used to the old green and grey graphics...uuuuggggh... What a headache....

quote:

Originally posted by Malix:

From there I got into PC gaming and there is about 2 years of my life that was sucked away do to Ultima Online.

I know what you mean man my bro used to play ultima all day and night from right after scool to the wee hours of the morning till we got cable modem so we could have a phone line and he quit.

For me it started at the tandy coco 2 cause i was born in 86 so im not as old as some of you

Tandy coco2> VCS> NES> Gameboy> SNES> GBpocket> GBcolor> C64> Genesis>

I used to LOVE sonic back in like third grade but then i had a period where i hated SEGA for god knows why and i got a sega that my aunt found in her basement and i was STOKED!! i ran up to my bro and borrowed sonic 2 & 3 and i realized I LOVE SEGA so i had my mom bring me to funcoland and got six boxed sonic games for $50

but im rambling blah blah blah. Blah blah blah Blllahhh.

Oh sorry I do you a favor and shut up

Hmm...well let me see...

Started off with an Odyssey 300 that my mother got from friend of hers back in the mid to late 70s...then in 80 I got my 4 switch "woody" for Xmas.

From there that was all we had until My B-day in 88 when I got a 7800. In 90 I got and discovered my first IBM Clone...and then didn't touch my Atari at all until about 2 years ago. That was when I wanted to suddenly own a Genesis after all this time and picked up one on Ebay for 10.50...I didn't know about Thrifts and Fleas much back then. Then I picked up the 7800 from my parents and all the games I could find. Unfortunately we gave the 2600 to my cousins years ago. From there I have aquired much...Intellivision, Colecovision, 32x, NES, SNES, a Saturn, a TI99/4A and for handhelds I have a Game Gear I have had since new in 93 and my Lynx 2 that was given to me from a good friend here in town.

I probably won't pick up any of the newer systems past the Saturn for several more years when they too become more retro...hehe...

My Videogame history goes like this:

Atari 2600 --> Commodore 64 --> SNES --> Saturn -->

Dreamcast

Besides these i also have some others like:

- Philips G7000 (german Odyssey 2)

- Interton VC 4000 (only sold in Europe from 1978 - 1982)

- Intercord XL 2000 (german Arcadia 2001)

- SHG Blackpoint FS 2000 (Germany only, i guess?!)

- Saba Videoplay System Fairchild (german Channel F)

- NES

- Mega Drive

- a NES-Clone with 20 built in Games

- Jaguar (just need a Power Supply,TV-Cable and Joypad

so i can finally play with that)

- 2 Pong Consoles

I also had a Gameboy but i never liked it. I´m no Fan of

Handheld Games.

Only my Saturn, Dreamcast and Atari 2600 are hooked up

permanently.

My favourite of all those is the good old Atari 2600!

Man, when we were Kids my friends and i played with it

for Hours, day after day.

And nowadays i still play with the 2600 every day while

all the other Consoles are hardly used, except for

the Saba Videoplay.

quote:

Originally posted by MoJoFLTR:

Lost Monkey:

What's a Leisure Vision? I don't think I have ever heard of one till now. I did a search but only pulled one result with a page selling the games boxed for some pretty outrageous prices... but not much info on the system.

I did a few more searches and answered my own question. For anyone else interested -the Leisure Vision is a clone of the Emerson Arcadia 2001.

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: MoJoFLTR ]

I don't know why, but there aren't very many territories that had this system marketed with the same name... Leisure Vision is the Canadian version.

Well I did buy a vectrex system at K-mart for $45.00 new with about four games and I must say that little system played games very well and from there I bought the Jaguar. As far as a coleco, nintendo, or Sega systems go I only played them if my friends had one, but now my buddy Mike bought the PS2 and I must say I like it but I think I might buy the X-box.

Not sure if it counts as a system, but I went from the 2600 in 1978 to the Atari 800 (and later the 800XL) in 1984. Man - the arcade conversions were awesome (just like the 5200, but without the crappy joysticks). Didn't pick up my 2600 until last year - a full 16 years!

Now, of course, it's all I play...

I was going to do a quick and dirty post about my various sysmtems and what time I got them, but then I was thinking, to do it properly I'd need a freaking spreadsheet or something!

Hey what a cool Idea, I can make a Flowchart of what and when I got it, that sounds like a cool project! I'm not crazy, really! It's just in some respects, I followed a fairly normal curve; I'm 31, got a VCS in '81 or '82, survived the crash, but there are some strange things. For example I had a Dreamcast about one year before getting a Playstation. That kind of thing sort of messes up the chronology don't you think?

I need a 'video game tree' maker. Anyone know of one?

As always,

Markimus of K.

In 1979 i got my uncles, Roberts Sportrama 8 pong machine, played that on and off untill 1981/82 when i got my first Atari 2600 and i played that ubtill 1986/87 when it died.

then i got me an atari 7800 only cause of the backwards compatibility to play 2600 games, and i still play this system alot

then i got me a NES just cause everyone else had one.

Then i went to the TG-16 only because it had the best Hockey game at the time (where you could play 2 players on the same team)

Then i sold most of my NES games and mt TG-16 to get me a Genesis, cause NHL Hockey came out (6 months after the TG-16 hockey did)

I pretty much stayed with the Genesis untill i got a SNES in 1994 from a girlfriends Brother for $50

then from there was when my collecting Video game systems started

Atari 5200

Sega CD

Sega 32X

And so on, but early on in my life i only played a few systems, Colecovision (my uncle had and a friend down the street)

Intellivision, My girlfriend had one in 1985

But the 2600 is the tops in my memory, i had nothing but good memories from that system

I started with an Oddesey then to a 2600. after that I moved to NES then soon after to the SNES. A few years later on to Play station and just recently my Dreamcast. My 2600 has the best memories though! (altough I have a few with my roomeates Genesis in college! Nothing like chugging in between plays of madden football)

Mine's easy..

From my telstar pong I went to the Atari VCS.

From that I went to the 5200 & Colecovision. Handhelds consisted of numerous dedicated ones.

From that things kind of died until college where I got an NES and it started all over again.

From that I went to the TG-16, the Genesis, and then later the SNES. Gameboy became the handheld of choice, and later on, the Lynx.

From that I went to the Saturn, Playstation, and N64

From that I'm currently playing my Dreamcast, Gamecube, Playstation 2 and will probably snag an Xbox sometime soon. Handheld is a Gameboy Advance

Throw in the odd vectrex console in there and some other odds and ends that I forget (e.g. SegaCD, 32X, gamegear, etc.) and that's pretty much it! Nice and simple .. And yes I still have everything.

I got my first atari 2600 in 1987 from my cussin. it was old but worked my fokes were to poor to buy me the NES but i loved plaything the old atari 2600 soon after i got it..it broke so for my 8th Bday in 1988 my fokes got me a atari 2600 jr. And i played that tell i got a NES in 1990 then xmas of 1992 i got a GEN wich i loved at the time.Played that tell 1995 when i got an old atari 7800 from my sisters b/f played that tell xmas of 1996? I think when i got the N64 played that tell i got my playstaion last year and about two months ago i got my atari 7800 back out. I've been playing and buying atari 7800 and 2600 games like crazy ever since. The onLy time i play my PSone is when i want to play a sports game

Well my gaming machines went like this, I own most of these systems and multiple consoles of many of these systems as well I just don't currently own a Atari 5200, Pong machine, Atari Junior, or Sega Saturn like I use to.

1. Pong Machine

2. Atari 2600 6 Switch

3. Commodore 64

4. Atari 5200

5. NES

6. Super NES

7. Sega Genesis

8. Gameboy

9. Atari Junior

10. Playstation

11. Sega Saturn

12. Atari 7800

13. Gameboy Color

14. Super Gameboy for the SNES (Not really a system...)

I have all these systems hooked up in my custom entertainment system, I just have to plug in the cable to my VCR when I want to play a different system.

I have the Playstation, NES, Super NES, and Sega Genesis hooked to one TV. I have my Atari 2600 4 Switch Darth Varder, Atari 7800, and Commodore 64 hooked up to another TV setting close to my other TV

quote:

why do so many bands have like 4 or 5 keyboards on stage for use by one musician? I could see maybe an actual organ and some sort of synth, but since most of the keyboards nowadays are so MIDI'd out and can generate any sound known to mankind, why so many? 4 Rolands on a rack? Is that overkill or am I just so clueless musically? Is it tough to play a board to your left with one hand, and play a board on your right with another hand? I always appreciated Geddy Lee switching between bass and pedals and keyboards and singing all in the same song...

..Er...dunno mate

A lot of the early keyboards did not have midi on them (though conversion was available) And multi-timbral keyboards were not available either. Now you can get away with one decent workstation (i run a yamaha sy99) But as for four on a rack ? i guess part of it was 'damn i look cool behind this lot! ' but some of the bands did use them all instead of risking switching patches on a gig. I could be wrong , and if i go on any more about this you could fall asleep...BUT I THOUGHT YOU GUYS NEVER SLEPT!! heh hehehehheheheehe

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

From DEC. 1999 to NOV. 2001 i played Everquest and i was up to 104 days played on my main character and about 70 days on all my other characters (4 total), when i added it up i knew i had to quit playing and get back to real life, so i gave my account to a friend who is still playing

MMRPGs truly terrify me. I have been very good about avoiding getting sucked into any of them, knowing that if I do it would take up horrible amounts of my spare time. There are two games coming out in the future that I must especially avoid: The new Star Wars game and Freelancer. Both sound very appealing to me and if I start playing them I'll be in big trouble. AtariAge steals enough of my time as it is.

..Al

I honestly don't remember the order of acquisition for many of the classic systems I own now, but it did all start (anew) with the Atari 2600 several years ago. I stuck with just the 2600 for a while, and then I slowly started picking up other systems. At one point I was buying them up at a very brisk pace, and now I have all of the common classic systems. In fact, I have too many of them. When I was down in my garage earlier this evening I saw that I have at least eight TI 99/4a systems, complete in the box. That doesn't count all the loose ones I have.

..Al

My technological progression went a little like this:

1. Coleco Gemini (1982)

2. Colecovision w/ Driving Controller (1983)

Both of these were accidentally thrown out in a move, so...

3. Atari 2600 (4 Switch "vader" model) given as a (used) birthday gift along with about 35 games. (1984)

4. Atari 600XL (1985) - my first computer, for which I'd forsaken my beloved VCS.

5. Atari 800XL (1986) (Broke its keyboard)

I'd gone through about 6 power supplies for these, as each one would eventually fry itself for reasons unknown. I think this became a known issue with the XLs of the day.

6. Atari 65XE (1987) (Replacement for 800XL)

7. Atari 130XE modified to 320k RAM (1989) (Bought this from the former SysOp of a very popular chat BBS after she shut it down)

8. Atari 520STFM (1 meg) (1990)

9. Atari Mega ST 4 (1993)

10. Pentium 166 MMX, which has since been upgraded countless times to its present Duron 700 configuration. (1996 - present)

One of these days I'm gonna return to step 1 and start all over -- except I'll keep 'em all this time. :-)

quote:

Originally posted by Mindfield:

My technological progression went a little like this:

1. Coleco Gemini (1982)

2. Colecovision w/ Driving Controller (1983)

Both of these were accidentally thrown out in a move, so...

3. Atari 2600 (4 Switch "vader" model) (1984) given as a (used) birthday gift along with about 35 games. Shortly after I got it I began a weekend-ritual where I'd go to Toys "R" Us every week to get a new cartrige with my allowance, thus, in the end, expanding my collection to around 75 carts.

4. Atari 600XL (1985) - my first computer, for which I'd forsaken my beloved VCS, inevitably selling off most of my carts and the system.

5. Atari 800XL (1986) (Broke its keyboard)

I'd gone through about 6 power supplies for these, as each one would eventually fry itself for reasons unknown. I think this became a known issue with the XLs of the day.

6. Atari 65XE (1987) (Replacement for 800XL)

7. Atari 130XE modified to 320k RAM (1989) (Bought this from the former SysOp of a very popular chat BBS after she shut it down)

8. Atari 520STFM (1 meg) (1990)

9. Atari Mega ST 4 (1993)

10. Pentium 166 MMX, which has since been upgraded countless times to its present Duron 700 configuration. (1996 - present)

One of these days I'm gonna return to step 1 and start all over -- except I'll keep 'em all this time. :-)

Uh ... hey. I hit "edit" not "quote" ... doh! I must be losing my hand-eye coordination in my old age...

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: Mindfield ]